List of reasons I don't think the Medallion should stay

in my opinion only melee heroes should have the trinket, or even better only melee assassins and bruisers.

I would say Healers and/or Supports.

Yea. I enjoy it enough for it to remain this season. I don’t think its a bad anomaly like the weather changes. I dont think its a good addition to the game like tower/xp changes.

It should just be a temporary thing and hopefully they can use this data/feedback to find better answers to cc. People say that there is alot of crying about it, but i don’t think this is the case. Most higher ranked players that ive talked to are indifferent about it staying this season and strongly opposed to it remaining in the game.

5 Likes

Doesn’t mean the anomaly is balanced and healthy for the game. This problem needs to be fixed at the root and changing the meta with one ability isn’t the proper solution.

1 Like

The meta didn’t even change.

No it didn’t. But that’s what the devs wanted to alleviate, the heavy CC and helplessness when stun locked. And the GM isn’t a solution.

But then it’s not a problem. The sky didn’t fall like how everyone was complaining it’d be impactful

It is, because it nerfed heroes who rely on using CC, buffed hypermobile heroes and did almost nothing to any other hero.

Devs could have done this by looking at the root of the issue. That’s my point and I’ve repeated myself too many times just to have a reply focusing on something else.

Hypermobile heroes still aren’t wrecking the nexus. It’s a good thing the medallion counters obvious slow cc like Butcher charge and qhira jump in. I’d lump in anduin root too, but it’s in anduin’s benefit if you use medallion for a root

1 Like

Same with Xul. Ugh. One game had an Illi literally escape death after a dive and kill because of that crap 3 times. 3 Freaking times.

It’s busted as hell if you know how or when to use it.

4 Likes

The biggest thing for me is your second bullet point.

It takes away from each Hero being unique from one another. The dev team has been working hard for the last two years to make each Hero unique in terms of talents and abilities. To give us this Medallion defeats that exact purpose.

A large problem I had with the weather anomaly was also that it took away from each Hero’s uniqueness. I’m glad they removed that anomaly. With that said, they should follow suit with this Medallion anomaly as well.

If the dev team wants to add something in that ALL Heroes can use, please implement it as part of a single map update or even on a new map entirely.

It doesn’t belong in HotS simply because of what the game is built upon: teamwork with unique Heroes.

1 Like

Actually, the devs want heroes to be less niche and more general

Tbh, I just keep track of it. It’s a 300 second cooldown, unlike an ult that’s more often going to come up every other minute or even every minute, this can realistically only be used 4 times in a game. It’s not that hard to keep in the back of your mind.

Butcher: hahaha…

Butch should be on the rework table as is but you’re right Butch also gonna need buffs if this crap stays.

In a game where there are slows, stuns, roots, sleeps on just about every hero getting 1 free get out of jail card every 5 minutes in a 18 to 20 minute game seems like a good idea.

1 Like

If you cant kill a diving Lili you deserve to lose and gj to that Lili. :joy: It is not busted, but rewarding for playing better than your opponents.

Sorry I can’t see how an 1 sec unstoppable with a 300 cd killed the uniqueness of the heroes.

Not entirely true. They want their talents to be more well rounded and their utility to be less niche, but not the overall kit of each Hero.

Simple! Considering each Hero now has the same ability with the exact same effect on the exact same cooldown with the exact same uptime, they are now less unique from one another than before the implementation of the anomaly.

You just missed the entire point if you reply this to that.

The devs want to remove everything generalist from Heroes proven by them, removing or reshaping/-designing almost all Generic Talents.
Them also making Heroes less niche/more generalist (meaning more useable in Draft) has nothign to do with that previous philosophy (removing Generic/Boring/Uncreative Talents).

1 Like