Li Li [A Rework Concept]

Li Li (Healer) [REWORK CONCEPT]

Hello all :wave:

Recently, I just made a rework concept for Li Li, due to how lacking she is and that she’s in constant changes, being in a niche spot and having terrible healing.

I’d like to share my own concept for Li Li’s rework, feel free to give feedback and criticism.

Rework Comment:

While Li Li was meant to be easy, simple and fool-proof to use, it was also her downfall to being used for more than automated targets, it didn’t allow her to control who to target or to actually have an impact or skill to use for higher ELOs

While she remains a “good pick” in ranks such as Bronze, Silver and to an extent Gold, her overall use diminishes in a small niche in the higher ranks such as Platinum, Diamond and Masters+

Her Q being simple and automated to use while still healing for less than other Healers made it difficult for her to save targets that are focused.

Her W on the other hand has a weak healing, weak damage and is only used for until level 16 or for the Blind before it got changed.

Her E is fine as is, but the lack of targeting makes it hard for her to use it on targets that she wants to blind, as well as use to “save” allies.

The rework’s goal is to make her more accessible, usable and more controlled when it comes to the battlefield, without making her too complicated.

By baking her Healing Brew as her trait, she’s still able to do her old job while being able to do other things.

Shifting her use from just healing to utility and zoning, she can provide a better use in the battlefield, her Fast Feet is still here as it still has some use in her new kit.

Her Water Dragon got baked in as her W while her Cloud Serpent turned into her primary healing ability Q

Her Blinding Wind is still the same but you have better control on who you want to aim it on, its targeting is automated as always but with the cone targeting, she has a little bit more control when it comes to Heroes that are being attacked.

The idea for the change of Cloud Serpent into a deployable summon that stays in an area, was to help her allies in the backline and frontline, while making use of her Fast Feet and Free Drinks.

Water Dragon fills in the void that Li Li needed, which was a small peel, which Blizzard baked into Blinding Wind just recently, a 15% slow, but since she no longer has Healing Brew as her healing ability, it was safer to use a weaker and targetable version of Water Dragon as her peeling ability.

Blinding Wind still remains the same, except the cone helps single out who you want to blind, though weaker due to her new abilities and functionality.

Since Water Dragon got removed, it got changed with a channeled Spiritual Crane that allows Li Li to combine her Basic Abilities with it, it’s essentially nearly the same as old Water Dragon.

Basic Information:
Healing Brew removed
Fast Feet removed

Hero Information:
Attack Type: Ranged
Health: 1500
Health regen: 3.125
Resource: 500 Mana
Unit Radius: 0.625
Attack Speed: 1.25
Attack Range: 5.5
Attack Damage: 60

Water Dragon [Q]
60 Mana / Cooldown: 15 seconds
Li Li can move while channeling for 0.75 seconds to an area and summons a Water Dragon that deals 175 damage on impact, enemy Heroes hit are also slowed by 40% for 2 seconds.

Cloud Serpent [W]
40 Mana / Cooldown: 15 seconds

Summon a Cloud Serpent to an area, dealing 60 damage to enemies prioritizing Heroes, allied Heroes near the Cloud Serpent are healed for 125% of the damage dealt. The Cloud Serpent lasts for 7 seconds.

Blinding Wind [E]
50 Mana / Cooldown: 12 seconds
Throw a cloud of wind in a cone, hitting the closest two enemies prioritizing Heroes in the cone for 130 damage and are blinded for 1.5 seconds.

Free Drinks [Trait]
Li Li heals the lowest health Allied Hero for 92 health every 3 seconds.

[----------------]
Fast Feet
Taking damage refreshes your Basic Abilities cooldown 50% faster and affects her Free Drinks cooldown, she also gains 10% Movement Speed for 1.25 seconds.

Jug of 1,000 Cups [R]

80 Mana / Cooldown: 20 seconds

Channel for up to 6 seconds. Every 0.25 seconds, increase the cooldown of Jug of 1,000 Cups by 2 seconds, up to 50 additional seconds and heals the lowest health allied Hero for 66 health.

Spiritual Crane [R]
80 Mana / Cooldown: 70 seconds

Activate to charge a spiritual crane that deals 175 damage in a line, increasing up to 300 damage the longer it’s channeled, enemy Heroes hit are blinded for 1.75 seconds.

Talents

Level 1

Purifying Brew
Free Drinks heal for an additional 60 health over 3 seconds, while this heal is active, Allied Heroes are healed for an instant additional 90 health if they are stunned or silenced.

Serpent Sidekick
Cloud Serpent can be relocated and its radius is increased by 15%.

Eager Adventurer
Gain 10 Armor while Fast Feet is active and Blinding Wind deals 60% more damage.

Hindering Winds
If Li Li is damaged while below 40% health, she automatically casts a free Blinding Wind, this effect has a 15 seconds cooldown.
Passive: Blinding Wind reduces attack speed by 20% after the blind ends for 1.5 seconds.

Level 4

Timeless Creature
Cloud Serpent Mana cost removed and its Basic Attacks against enemy Heroes extends its duration by 0.5 seconds.

Elusive Feet
Fast Feet duration increased by 1.25 seconds, while Fast Feet is active, gain 6 Mana per second.
Passive: Fast Feet Movement Speed bonus increased by 10%.

Wind Serpent
Water Dragon’s damage is increased by 30% and reduce its cooldown by 3 seconds.
Passive: Water Dragon mana cost reduced by 20.

Level 7

Pitch Perfect
Free Drinks now heals an additional target.

Mass Vortex
Blinding Wind now hits all enemies in the cone.

Herbal Cleanse
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Activate on an allied Hero to grant them Unstoppable for 1 second and Free Drinks is given for free, this cooldown is affected by Fast Feet.

Level 10 (HEROICS)

Jugs of 1,000 Cups
80 Mana / Cooldown: 20 seconds
Channel for up to 6 seconds. Every 0.25 seconds, increase the cooldown of Jug of 1,000 Cups by 2 seconds, up to 50 additional seconds and heals the lowest health allied Hero for 66 health.

Spiritual Crane
80 Mana / Cooldown: 60 seconds
Activate to charge a spiritual crane that deals 175 damage in a line, increasing up to 300 damage the longer it’s channeled, enemy Heroes hit are blinded for 1.75 seconds.

Level 13

Lightning Serpent
Cloud Serpent attacks 20% faster and its attack bounces to an additional target for 40% damage.

Surging Winds
Each enemy Hero hit by Blinding Wind increases Li Li’s Spell Power by 8% for each enemy Hero hit for 10 seconds, stacks up to 40%.

Debilitating Splash
Water Dragon’s impact radius is increased by 10% and it reduces enemy Hero damage it hits by 40% for 3 seconds.

Level 16

Double Dragon
After hitting an enemy Hero with a Water Dragon, another Water Dragon is summoned at the point of impact.

Blessings of Yu’lon
Cloud Serpent Basic Attack against enemy Heroes deals an additional 1% of their maximum Health and allied Heroes are healed for 100% of the damage dealt.

Gale Force
Blinding Wind duration is increased by 0.75 seconds and Li Li’s Basic Attacks against enemy Heroes blinded by Blinding Wind extends its duration by 0.25 seconds.
Passive: Li Li deals 100% more Basic Attack damage to blinded enemies.

The Good Stuff
Free Drinks healing amount increased by 33% and it grants the target 10 Armor for 2 seconds.

Level 20

Jug of 1,000,000 Cups
Jug of 1,000 Cups hits two targets at a time.

Wind of the Crane
Spiritual Crane pushes targets back and enemy Heroes that collide with the terrain have their blinds extended by 1 second.

Mending Serpent
Water Dragon heals allied Heroes inside Cloud Serpent’s radius for 50% of the damage dealt.

Kung Fu Hustle
Increase Fast Feet cooldown reduction by 25% and it now affects Heroic Ability.

I do wish I could post images, but sadly no TL3.

If you have any questions or you’d like an explanation for the talent tiers, feel free to suggest or ask away.

Any feedback is welcomed. Just a reminder! This is just a concept for a rework and have fun.

4 Likes

Finally, Li Li what can be used in high ranks.

2 Likes

I like this more then waterdragon

2 Likes

There’s still a lot of good ideas out there that could better out Heroes, if only they were executed. But this is by far a concept that I came up with due to Li Li’s struggles in more capable plays.

Thanks, it was hard to come up with an idea to replace Water Dragon, there was another idea to suggest to have like a mini Wandering Keg so that Li Li can fight alongside her Uncle.

But I doubt it’d be well executed lol.

3 Likes

Well it can reveal enemys which I like
It does more then give dmg and a slow.

But isnt it basicly a big E from johanna? :stuck_out_tongue:

you could have just said ‘I want her to have the ability to choose targets’
everything you wrote is just an exact copy of someone’s else’s abilities, johanna, gazlowe, jaina, and sort-of-alex W

if lili has a problem, its that she has no impact in high level play other than the cups ultimate
I understand why they changed her level 1 serpent talent, but it was still a step backwards for her usefulness in a higher skill game

her Trait dooms her to be an offtank with no CC
this is why safety sprint is so good now, it allows her to offtank much better
and her baseline blind (which mainly appears on tanky characters) is hard to balance, since it shuts down certain characters way too hard

a spitball thing I would try is a talent that allows blinding wind to originate from an ally on level 1, so it can be used more aggressively-as it stands now its much more reliable on the retreat
and then instead of the repetitive ‘increase serpent marginally’ talent build, I would give it specific, incremental improvements so its position matters a lot more
eg:
the enemy that the serpent attacks does less magic damage, or takes more magic damage
the friendly target of the serpent gains a shield when the serpent fades away
W can be pressed a second time to fire 3 quick additional shots at any time

1 Like

My two little cents. Just as we have heroes who are mostly useful in high ELO’s such as Probius, Hanzo, Maiev, Medivh, I think it’s equally valid to have heroes like Li Li who are mostly good at lower ELO’s.

Li Li is the last entry level healer in the roster, her 2k price reflects this and I think it’s a good thing. It’s a positive to have an easy healer as a gateway for new players, or players who haven’t played the healer role to learn on or simply encourage people to explore the healer role. Li Li’s trait does help to teach new players (and some old) the importance of positioning, I would agree that perhaps making her Q a skill shot would be welcome without making her much harder to master.

TLDR: I wouldn’t mind some small changes to Li Li’s, but I think it’s fine to keep her simple, not every hero needs to work in all ELO’s. It’s just my small opinion, but I think it’s important to keep a hero that is rather straight froward and easy in most roles to encourage players to try that role. Personaly if Johanna hadn’t existed, I doubt I would be mostly maining tanks in Ranked.

1 Like