Levels grossly imbalanced

Yes, but blizz can at least try to separate players by level, you don’t see this issue with any other game, and can only guess if someone’s a smurf.

Yes, but you don’t learn by getting wrecked over and over in seconds, and we’re talking about being matched with players of much higher level, not exactly the kind you want to battle against.

I didn’t suggest anything, I’m just pointing out a flawed argument.

but in a ranked play where you want to connect players based on skill.

And smurfs are most often used to play in groups with other players.

You’ll have to trust me, but I am very sure that HotS team does not WANT smurfs to make TL a worse experience. (I should note again, I think that hero level 50 is far to low a bar).

I feel like the opposite is a much bigger problem in this game. Seeing somebody go something like 0-12 only to find out that they were lvl 2 with that hero and had multiple tiers lower MMR has been so common lately that I’ve opted to not play the game outside grinding dailies out quickly against AI without a premade of 3+ because it’s such a garbage experience

I have to smurf, my main acct was banned, therefore I have to start over.

I’m not even talking about ranked play, here, nor am I talking about alt accounts, I’m talking about blizzard’s inappropriate matching in qp, which I’m forced to play due to my level, and puts high level players on main accounts with much lower level ones. But you’re saying that I only need to be level 50 for tl next season, what about hl?

Once again, not talking about the player’s choice of making another account.

The system uses internal skill metrics to get two teams it assumes both have a near 50% chance of winning the game.

I’ve got an alt i use to practice heroes I suck at, to practice. It’s level 125ish now.

How is that a problem? The game assessed my skill level on that account at matching close to the other players.

Or am I still misunderstanding you?

read the AMA… or at least check the answers for relevant things.
Here is a very good post Darak made which summarizes the questions/answers given.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/summary-of-the-ama-on-march-6-2019/

The stronger the better, isn’t it? They would learn and improve even faster. It’s not that they are in any real danger either.

No…imagine playing your first bball game vs nba players

Again, even if such system is in place, there’s no point in putting pros and noobs in the same game, even if it’s balanced on both teams.

Not exactly the best source, though I’ll be surprised if they decided to do what I suggested after all this time.

In real life it would cost you tons of money to have a match with them. You can do it here for free. In fact, it’s the golden learning opportunity for you. Make good use of it, and you would improve greatly. But I guess some people just have too much ego to swallow up a few deserved losses, eh?

The AMA, where the developers/HotS team members talk about how they will be handling the merging of TL and HL into one league is not exactly the best source?

okay man. So, who is supposed to be a good source for HotS news?

It isn’t the development team, so, uh. Who is it? The Overwatch team? The Starcraft 2 team? The Classic games team?

Cost is not a factor here, getting stomped over and over seems like a really boring and ineffective way to “learn”, but to each their own, I guess.

Knew you’ll say that without thinking first, patch notes, official posts, places where most players will actually look? AMA’s aren’t exactly set in stone, and info is given in a casual setting.

Okay. So you want I to travel into the future and get future patch notes and share them?

Seriously. That’s pretty much what you’re asking.

You’re not gonna believe this, but there’s a surefire to get accurate news, it’s called waiting.

So you think they talked up and are integrating TL and HL into one mode for many months, but won’t even launch it.

Gotcha.

It could be end up like PBMMR, where it is broken and pulled.

Regardless, you complain about things, wonder what Blizzard will do for HL…

Are given a link to the answer.
Proceeds to not even skim the topic I links as far as I can tell.

Call the AMA with developers a bad source…

And now you’re insisting that we wait for patch notes because…

You’re a giant troll.

Only when you refuse to learn from your mistakes and your lacking of skill.

Seriously, it’s a game of 5v5. A contest of skills. If they win and you lose, it’s because theirs is better than yours. How hard is that to understand?

Let me put this simply. An AMA may be a good auxiliary source who care especially much about the game, which, spoiler alert, isn’t me. I’ve already ignored your first “did you even read the AMA”, said as if it’s a legit source that every player goes through. So, unless by some miracle, the devs decide to counter my argument directly, which they probably haven’t, as you yourself didn’t bring it up, having read that wall of text, stop bringing it up.

Why are you so adamant about skill imbalance being a learning experience? You’re just repeating the same thing over and over, you may very well just be an outlier that takes severe failure as a learning opportunity.

just had a qm sh*t show game where I was playing leroic and had a team of squishies kt, li ming, ect. vs a val with +2 lvls. In between crying about val, dying in the middle of the map over nothing, he complained about me doing some thing silly like soaking a lane. The best part was his “go play ai if you want to farm” comment.

Then what else could it be? You can only learn and improve from facing those that are better than you. Why don’t you try looking back at what you did wrong and they did right? That’s learning.

Same as you. Repeating again and again that you lose because of facing better opponents. Well, instead of that, how about you improve yourself to beat them next time? That’s what winners would do.

I’m pretty sure the AMA is going you provide you more valid info than posting on these forums. If you are willing to rant/post here, you should be willing to at least consider what is in the AMA. This is not a large leap of faith…

ACTUAL sore truth

HOTS Doesn’t match you with similar players of skill. Why do you ask? When I have 50-76% win rates depending on the type of game I play, and then get teamed with people in the high 20%'s - 30% win rates … so ya that’s not true at all.
OH, also I love when those same players are the ones who are the banner. Fun times.