Let's build a hero

Title is what it sounds. Forum collaborate on building a random hero. Add abilities, traits, talents, ults and other things. Be as serious or silly as you want! I’ll start with role and basic concept. If this gets completed I’ll compile and post it somewhere.

Hero: Snoozy, defender of Pajamaland.
Role: Tank.

7 Likes

Trait. Snoozy does not die. He falls asleep when he reaches zero health. Allies must do (x) damage Snoozy to wake him back up.

7 Likes

Dream Shield
CD: 12 seconds
Duration: 5 seconds
HP: X + 4% per lvl

Snoozy grants a shield to himself to temporary increase HP. Allies receive 50% of value. Dream Shield grants 5 armor + 2 additional per ally near him (up to 15).

Basically he’s support- tank.

7 Likes

One Ult could be insomnia.
It lets every enemy hero run around uncontrolled in a frenzy, trying desperately to find some sleep

4 Likes

His second ult is Pajama Slama. Radial (circle).
A pair of pajamas are summoned unto any enemy hero within radius, causing them to fall into a deep sleep for 4 seconds. Damage does not wake them back up. Wait that’s basically mosh.

4 Likes

Pillow Fight:
CD: 10 seconds

Medium-range skill shot functioning similar to Arcane Flare.

Snoozy throws a pillow that slows and deals light damage on its edge, and causes 2 seconds of sleep and medium damage in its center.

3 Likes

Heroic: Dreams and Nightmares

All heroes in an AoE of range 6 are put to sleep. Sleeping allies heal for 80 per second, and sleeping enemies take 80 damage per second.

6 Likes

Somnambulist: Gain 20% movement speed and walk past enemy heroes putting them to sleep for 3 seconds and slowing them for 30% upon awakening. - I figure this would be an E ability.

*I super love this thread, but I’m outta likes. I will return with them when I next log in.

5 Likes

Really close to Mal’ Ganis though

2 Likes

Give him a lunar skin

5 Likes

Oh boy, yes you’re right. I was trying to fit the ability to the meaning of Somnambulist. I love that word.

4 Likes

should we start with the talents?
Heavy Sleeper: gains 50 armor after 0.5s not moving or attacking, lasts until you move/attack and activates instantly on stun/sleep.

5 Likes

20 lvl talent

Wet Dreams
Activate to buff next Dream Shield. Cooldown - 120 seconds.

Upon receiving lethal damage, Dream Shield puts hero in stasis for 1 second and Sleep status.
If enemies deal X damage, hero dies. If allies deal X damage, hero comebacks with 50% of max HP/mana.

Cooldown is reduced by 1 second every time hero absorbs heroic damage with Dream Shield, up to 10 seconds per usage.

Lvl 1

Endless Dream

Increase value of shield to 75% for allies.

Quest: Absorb hero damage by Dream Shield, granted to ally hero.

Reward: Every 5000 abosrbed damage increase Dream Shield’s value for ally heroes by 5% up to 175% bonus.

2 Likes

A bit out of topic, but can the enemy relocate Snoozy with a hook or a boop or something? Because that’d give the enemy an ability to just lock the poor Snoozy at spawn the with no way for him to wake up.

Lemme change the trait a bit: when asleep, Snoozy is immune to the enemies attacks and abilities (unless you want the enemy to be able to set back the progress of him waking up by damaging him as well, but immunity to any abilities that change his position either way). If the allies can’t wake Snoozy up after respawn time * 1.25 snoozy gets taken away by a cloud and wakes up at spawn. Also might add some cloud screen effects when this happens.

Also might as well add a talent to it:
Lvl 16 (maybe)

Sleepover
When knocked out, Snoozy puts all the enemies near him to sleep for 5 seconds. Will work once on each enemy every elimination.

Passive effect:

Increases the radius of Pillow fight by 25% and sleep time by 0.5 seconds overall and by 1 second in the center.

Basically Leoric trait - can’t be affected by enemies during death/sleep.

Still giving him that increased respawn timer so he doesn’t sleep all game in case his allies can’t get to him :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

The assumption was unable to interact with a “dead” character, but probably better to spell it out.

Okay I like this thread idea very much. We’ll have to do more like this one :joy:

So considering this as Q

And considering this as W

I think his E can be:
E - Hibernation
Cooldown: 25 seconds
Activate to enter stasis, regenerating 750 Health over 4 seconds. Can be cancelled early. After Hibernation ends or cancelled, nearby enemies are put to Sleep.
Passive: everytime Snoozy Crowd Controls other heroes, he is healed for 2℅ of his max Health.

Level 20 - Lucid Dream

• can be reactivated after 2 seconds to wake everyone affected by Dreams and Nightmares. Allies gain 50% Spell Power and Enemies become Silenced for 4 seconds.
5 Likes

Level 20 (Power Nap)
Upon taking lethal damage, instantly enter Hibernation. This effect has a 180 second cooldown.
Hibernation now also pulses on activation and every 0.5 second after while active, dealing damage to nearby enemy Heroes for 2% of their maximum Health and Slowing by 50% for 0.75 second. This damage does not break Sleep.

Level 13 (16?) (Sleep Inertia)
Increases the duration of the heal from Hibernation by 1 second and allows it to continue after breaking Stasis. While Hibernating and for 3 seconds after, increases Healing received from all sources by 30%.

3 Likes

Level 4 (Magical Dreams)

Dream Shield now grants 5 additional Spell Armor (10 base total). Also increases the bonus Spell Armor gained from nearby allies by 1, bringing the maximum Spell Armor bonus to 25.

For clarification, Physical Armor stays at 5 + 2 per ally to a maximum of 15. Spell Armor is brought to 10 + 3 per ally to a maximum of 25.

1 Like