Ktz chains need to have a shorter length to them

Just like the title says they need to be shortened. Not a lot just a shorter amount.

Why?

9 Likes

Ok rickon stark we get it you cannot zig zag

6 Likes

Practice what you preach, my man.

You never gave any explanation for your post either. Just “it needs to be done.”

Explain why. And no, “because it’s too long” is not a good enough explanation.

18 Likes

Split personality. He’s trolling himself.

As someone who is usually playing a front line hero, and the most likely target for chains, here are a few tips:

• Learn how to stutter-step, even on a tank. If KTZ is anywhere near, you should always be moving, as unpredictably as possible. Technically you should do this even when there isn’t an enemy KTZ, but with him around it is crucial.

• Any sort of terrain ruins his combo. If you can get the chains to clip a wall, he will be a sad panda. Of course this is easier on some maps than others, but be aware of your surroundings and use it to your advantage.

• If you are hit by the initial chain, move towards the KTZ. He doesn’t like people in his face, especially tanks, and it often throws him off long enough that he doesn’t get the second chain out.

• If you aren’t in the front line, if you see the chain hit your tank, stop whatever it is you are doing and move in an unexpected direction. Better yet, try to get some terrain between you and the target.

• If you have a defensive ability, such as spell armor, use it when the chain goes out. The chain doesn’t hurt nearly as much as the follow up.

4 Likes

No thanks , reducing stiches hook was the worst thing ever ,don’t want it to happen o ktz.
Hook should be buffed back if anything not like stiches overperforms.

1 Like

unless you don’t understand English… I am claiming that the chains grab you from too far away. what more do you need to know?

Maybe the 2nd chain, that feels like it has near infinite range lol. 1st chain is completely fine. Thankfully it’s still possible to sidestep 2nd chain.

1 Like

Because from my perspective, it’s actually quite short. I have to get within a fairly dangerous distance of the enemy to reliably stick them with one.

I guess I COULD try to catch them from twice as far with the spike, but generally that doesn’t go too well against enemies with half a brain.

Just because you say it’s too long doesn’t mean it actually is. That is a matter of your opinion. Just simply raising your voice higher doesn’t make your argument any more compelling to an audience.

1 Like

The further away you are the more time to react and evade you have. If you can not even evade KTZ chains on max range, then this is indeed all i need to know about your skills and request.

1 Like

Click on link because I lost TL3 forever it seems

No need to be toxic lol. The chain itself is a skill shot. So if you just run in straight lines yes he will hit you. You could even try to go and in and stun him when he try to. A KTZ is only good as long the player himself is good.

To be fair to him, the second chain range is pretty darn long, lol. Even if you are at your gates he can pull you to the spike from middle of the lane.

But I don’t find Kel’thuzad overall any sort of a problem. He is a very high skillcap glass cannon that needs 30 Blight just to become a real hero.

7 Likes

He’s entire point in being close range for the combo to occur anyways, it’s not like there’s literally no counterplay at all.

how about… don’t get chained? first people say it’s so hard to dodge his Fissure and now it’s hard to dodge yet another slow ability? his chain? bruh… :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

It’s not that the second chain is long. It’s just a visual thing. The moment he activates it, the range is checked, and if you walk more, you still get attached and give the illusion of “wow so long chain”.

That why is that a problem. Your “reasoning” is nothing but personal preferences so far, which holds no merit in balance discussions.

3 Likes

Or maybe the chains should stay as they are but have their fudge toned down. As it stands, they latch on even on a clear miss so long as they’re somewhat close to a target.

Wait so dodging the second chain is not possible, since it’s technically instant? Only KTZ can miss?
That’s…really not fair.

“Cleanse”, using terrain, making KT miss it, moving out of range before the second cast (not getting hit by the first one to begin with).
It’s just if you’re within range when he casts it a second time, you can’t “dodge” it solely via distance and it makes the chains look super long, when it’s just a mechanical “illusoin”.

1 Like