Karax, Phase-Smith and Templar

Karax
2400 Health/500 Mana
BA Range: 3, Dmg: 155, 0.8 speed

Trait: Master Phase-Smith

Activates nearby Turrets and he has 15% faster mana regen. Use to buff Tower/Keep to increase attack speed by 25%.

Q: Phase Cannon

Deploy a Pylon Cannon that can only attack when near any Forts/Keeps or Karax. 2 Charges that each replenish every 10 seconds and only up to 3 Cannons can be up at any time. Lasts 240 Seconds.
52 damage with attack speed of 1.

W: Augment Strike

Karax swings his tentacles in a radius, damaging enemies for 180 damage and pinning the first Hero hit for 1 second.

E: Solarite Radiation

Karax shatters a Solarite Crystal and throws it, damaging enemies for 65(2X to enemies in the center) and leaving a puddle that deals 80 damage per second for 4 seconds.

H1: Purifier Activation

Summon Talandar, who is usable by Karax. Has a Charge with a Stun and Cleaves for 50%.
1800 HP and rechargeable shield(from Karax Trait), slowish 400 damage Basic Attack. Lasts 30 seconds.

H2: Xel’naga Dispersal

Become immobile, but contain the Keystone to use for up to 5 seconds, triggering a nova with base damage of 800, increased by 3% per 6 damage taken. Can be triggered at any time.

1 Like

Seems kinda bland to me
Though the H2 does have potential, but it would really need balanced, as taking only 1000 damage, would allow him to deal 4800 damage in an area, allowing him to wipe an entire team, fairly easily.

I would suggest "Karax becomes immobile and gains a 2000 point shield for up-to 6 seconds, After 1 second Karax can re-activate the ability to deal damage equal to the missing shield. If the shield is reduced to 0; reduce the cooldown of this skill by 60 seconds, and become invulnerable for 1 second INSTEAD of dealing damage.

That said I also think it might be cool if he could actually take control of enemy keeps/forts for a short duration, either as a heroic or as a trait on a 120-180 second cooldown.
I would imagine karax more as a battlefield manipulator too, Maybe he can recall minions/mercenaries from one lane to his current location to assist in a siege, or deny soak (if you teleport them to a lane the enemy doesnt have a player in)
Possibly sticking to that theme; his level 20 could grant all recalled units 60-75% spell damage reduction, making them difficult for most enemy heroes to deal with.
Solar lance might make a pretty cool spell.
Deals 75 damage, and 50 damage/second to units standing in the fire for 3 seconds. 3 charges with a 30 second cooldown each, and a fairly long cast-range for zoning

1 Like