Is this how you treat your users?!

I once got disconnected for no reason earlier and when I finally got reconnected to the main menu, I took a penalty for dropping from the QM match, which was definitely not my fault. And then I had to win 2 games to get rid of it, but guess what? Now I got another dropped by disconnect and it says now I have to win 3 matches to get back to normal! I can’t believe this is how you treat your valuable users. Why should I take responsibility for a trouble caused by the poor server? I’m really outraged and there’s no way I would keep playing any Blizzard game if things have to keep going like this!!

2 Likes

Same thing is happening to me. 3 times today. Now I have to play 3 quick matches in order to get back to ranked. This is Bull! This has been happening since 9am - I am in NYC and have Fios. If deemed a problem by blizz, do they take the quitting match penalty off one’s account or do you have to play qm for their mistake? (WoW had problems as well)

There is a penalty for leaving a game, because otherwise many players leave games when they don’t like the matchmaking, and that puts their team at a major disadvantage.

A disconnection is treated as a deliberate player action, because otherwise people do it intentionally to evade the penalty. The server has no way to verify whether a disconnection is legitimate. If you have a solution to this, I’m sure Blizzard would be all ears.

If they find an outage in a specific area they should remove the penalty for those who reported it

we have been dealing with blizz bs all day

I do think they should err on the side of caution in the case of server-side issues.

If there is a problem that is not server-side - e.g. a peering partner of your ISP is suffering network congestion and dropping packets - then I don’t think they should seek to remove the penalty if this is going to take any kind of manual effort. It just means that the waiting time for tickets would balloon out of control every time an ISP has problems.

An additional argument against them removing penalties in cases where the issue is not server-side is that, even if it is not your fault the disconnects occur, it could still be resulting in teams losing you and thus being majorly disadvantaged during the match. After one or two disconnections, I think it’s pretty clear that there’s an issue - and if you choose to keep playing in spite of that, there does come a point when you’ve made a decision and are responsible for it.

So yeah. If the problem is their fault and affecting everyone equally, certainly they should consider the removal of all penalties applied within that timeframe. But if the issue is determined not to be server-side, I’d oppose them intervening.

Yes equally in a specific region. If you look at the post I linked, most are from the east coast thus one can concluded that something is going on and we are all being reconnected to be disconnected earning us a penalty. Doesn’t take much to see that. If you have a cluster of people reporting on an issue in a specific region then give them a break.