Is there a reason to play ranked?

So with the unattainable amount of games needed to actually get something from it, and me being Stuck in platinum…i was wondering if there’s a reason to keep playing ranked?

I can’t progress further because the people there are INSANELY good and i can’t even begin to try. So there’s no room to improve.

Are you having fun playing ranked? Then: yes. If not, then: no.

You can improve your gameplay by the /r/heroesofthestorm subreddit, and YouTube videos from coaches and pros.

Personally I’m not having any fun in ranked at all, the matches are horrible, the players are clueless brawlers with no macro skills. QM is much more fun for me.

2 Likes

do you mean the season quest? because 50 wins is nothing over a period of 3 months.

then again, looking at who is posting this…
you probably are sitting at <25% winrate so anything looks pretty bad to you. for you to complete it at something like you would need to play roughly 200 games.

still that shouldnt be a big issue. i posted about this too in another thread not long ago. end of season i normally end up with like 300-400 total games played myself. so 200 games to get 50 wins? seems like its doable.

2 wins a day and you’d be there in less than a month. I would consider that a very casual pace of playing SL. It is not unattainable at all unless that player has a very low win ratio and finds it difficult to win 2 matches per day.

If that sounds too difficult then 1 single win per day for 2 months, with 10 days off.

in this case the OP has a low win%. you will just have to look at the post history on that one. its complaints about losing streaks and such.

I truely don’t see the point in playing ranked.

Since quick match enforces a 25% winrate, VS AI is completely irrelevant and unranked nobody plays…where the hell am i meant to go?

Just tried ranked again after having placed a while ago…Well crap, platinum 1. Not the place i want to be at all. The first match i play i lose Hard. Lose 500 points, go down a rank…some depressing tune plays and i’m immidiately loathe to queue up again.

Where on earth is there fun to be had in heroes of the storm?

Not until they start punishing players who only que up to cause other people losses.

Yes, there is a reason to keep playing. For you, doing so will cause you to drop in rank, to a rank where you actually belong, and then you can start winning some games again and achieve your 50 win goal.

So by that logic…i will have to lose like 50 games in a row…to actually win a few?

Meh…this is gonna suck and i’d rather not do it. After a 9 loss streak, then a win, then another 5 losses…i don’t know what to do anymore. Everywhere i go, i’m up against way too good enemies…

Well, if you keep at it, eventually you will drop to a point where your enemies are at your skill level and the games will be fun.

How did you get to this point anyway? Did a friend carry you to a high level?

Yes: Count potatoes that are in your team. Game after game…

I wish i were that lucky, nobody i know plays heroes unfortunally. I just got there by sheer effort…then i got placed into platinum. Now i cannot win games for the life of me anymore.

If you are at a rank where you can clearly see and feel that they are way above your skill level.
Then i recommend to keep playing and to learn from them, you always have a reason to play ranked, one of them being improving.
You won’t learn a single thing in QM.

Very much this.
QM is a mess of people just doing whatever they feel like and making no attempt to communicate or play according to team comps or map. It’s decent for getting down someone’s talents or practicing some basics but aside from that it’s usually more headache than it’s worth. I don’t even feel any gratification when I win QM half the time, it’s feels more like a game of who has the worst players/heroes roulette.

Are you still playing the same heroes over and over or trying to do what used to work for you? I went down 3 ranks once because I just kept playing the tanks and supports that had been working for me until then before I realized that I should really just be doing the damage.
Adapting new playstyles and changing up your game is vital for growth. HotS isn’t like dota where you’re rewarded for learning the heck out of a single character, having an expansive roster and game knowledge is critical for winning.

I’ve been trying to play with others, even did SL with some grand master and master players.

Those were the most unfun matches i have Ever played, i don’t think i’ll ever set foot in storm league ever again after that…yikes…

And i like playing heroes like junkrat, sylvanas, kael’thas, recently malganis for fun. The others i’ve already listed.

Also, i won’t learn a thing from matches that are frustrating and onesided slugfests. Those are the kinds of matches i just want to Nope out of…but can’t.

Ranked is trash now

• party full vs soloqs
  • trolls picking level 1 heroes
  • masters playing with golds and silvers ALL time

Ranked is currently unplayable

I suggest give back HL(solo+duo) and TL(full party), this was the best system. Urgently.

2 Likes

Thank you, ranked has been flooded with so many trolls that it is nearly impossible to climb even a rank. You cant play solo at all anymore. I wont touch this game until it has been changed and fixed.