Is HOTS done making new heroes?

I guess that there are quite a lot of people in AI actually. Sometimes I wonder if it is not the most played mode. I mainly play AI mode but it has been a long time since I played any other difficulty than Elite and I still see some fresh account in there also. Last time was with some 10ish account. Edit: and I mean that they were really new to the game and even to Moba in general.

I sure hope not! I think I remember a Dev mentioning we will see a new hero this year.

1 Like

My #1 intention has been to say that there is an income potential with the game.
Of course there are also expenses, such as server upkeep and paying the balance team for playing the game.
Obviously itā€™s not WoW levels of income, but as far as Iā€™m seeing thatā€™s collapsing as well.

The only problem with new heroes being added but so infrequently is that big pile of players returning to play said hero for a few days, then leaving again. And then the income, either people buy it with their existing gold pile, or itā€™s cash only, which is either pay to win or robbery. They really canā€™t win.

1 Like

A long time ago ago the Devs gave a breakdown of the popularity for different modes and at that time VS AI was the most played mode. Iā€™m not sure what it would look like now though. This was prior to the AI changes that made the AI perform far worse in both VS AI matches and as AI replacement in PVP games.

Iā€™m pleased to read from Hoku more new players are picking up HOTS. I know Iā€™ve personally introduced HOTS to many friends on my Bnet friends list who asked me what this ā€œHeroesā€ game was and if they had to pay for it to play.

Ranked was never the most popular mode and so I agree with you it doesnā€™t give the full picture of how popular HOTS is. What they could do is return this:

to the login screen. This was there on launch, I canā€™t remember when they removed it, but it was always helpful when playing ranked as you could at least take a guess at how long the queue times might be, based on how many players were online on your particular server.

The problem is, if they added this back now some grumpy types would take captures at 2am when itā€™s natural there are few people online and then use it as evidence that the ā€œgameā€™s ded.ā€

2 Likes

Half a million is almost double that of current peak for new MMO New World. Nevermind that now, the fact is how itā€™s not a flagship product, neither a profitable one especially in this phase of the gameā€™s life cycle. I definitely would never put out a patch to compete with a premium product for hours played, just because it is mostly free and I gain little to nothing from keeping the servers live.

However completely abandoning your own product on an interconnected platform infused with ads such as battle-net is completely idiotic, because once these customers leave, they will take their audience and friends along with them and most likely wonā€™t come back.

So far they alienated the entire RTS fan base, and whatever is left out of MOBA is slowly moving to other well-maintained titles. What they did is killed the two genres that offer the best e-sport spectator experiences in favor of an FPS which is quite unenjoyable to follow due to the clutter of bullets and abilities on the screen and a scripted AI wow dungeon event which does nothing but showcase the problems with the game and mostly plays move for move when compared to the previous one from three months ago. Say what you will but it is more of a performance than an actual competition.

1 Like

This is the reason why I donā€™t think itā€™s a good idea to have it back, even though I would like it. No need to give trolls more food.

2 Likes

That is also why you hear people keep saying ā€˜ā€˜dont feed the trollā€™ā€™

1 Like

The trouble is many trolls donā€™t even need the food, they enjoy self cannibalizing. This is why the forums needs people like Mumrah to keep exterminating them. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

we need to get Baal and Grom and then HoTs can shut up shop and stop making heroes

2 Likes

We also need Sombra, Reinhardt, Mekkatorque, Cydaea, Yogg-Saron, The Cow King, Volā€™jin, Cairne, Blackthorne, Rakanishu, Talandar, Lady Vashj, Sir Finley, Reaper, and a Hydralisk.

Basically, they need to never stop adding heroes.

5 Likes

I used to main a night elf hunter. Evolved from trolls and gathering my own food.
Later on I enjoyed being a mage. Conjuring my own food.
Only my paladin needs some, but between Seal and Blessing of Life and Wisdom, she can sustain herself.

Who needs feeders anyway.

ps.: In lonely 21st century, the only place where our archaic social specimens can vent their frustration is the forums. There is a strong case for an in-game Hug Lounge. Although nothing really substitutes for a real life hug. The scent, the warmth, the harmony.

3 Likes

Well we didnā€™t get any new heroes last year soā€¦ safe to say they arenā€™t making any new heroes. Iā€™m surprised we even get balance updates.

It rains even in deserts.
I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s 100% safe to say we wonā€™t get new Heroes. We know they worked on more than what we got.
Also we need to remember that:

• theyā€™re in maintenance mode = low resources
  • covid hit
  • blizz drama hit
  • they started selling themselves to MS

These obviously slowed down any project they might have/had.

3 Likes