Is anyone else getting a million HotS updates?

Looks like I spoke too soon. Bah.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought it was fixed too once, but it was because I hadn’t closed the launcher.

Actually, I think it’s not a bug. I think blizzard wants to make sure your games are fully updated every second of every day.

Obviously, the launcher deleted the pack before it exits.

Im still getting this… A month later.

Im on weak bandwidth so it takes me 5-10 minutes to launch the game. Don’t think I’ve ever experienced anything like it… With any game company… ever.

3 Likes

Here’s a good work-around if you haven’t seen the topic yet.

1 Like

I appreciate Hoku posting this work around, unfortunately it didn’t work for me.

If this problem was only for Hots I’d understand it taking so long to fix. As it’s a problem for all Blizzard games, taking over a month with no fix in sight, is a situation I don’t think I’ve ever encountered in all my years playing Blizzard games.

2 Likes

It’s mind blowing how much it’s still a problem. The company has truly plunged itself into a deep freeze at this point.

5 Likes

Same problem for a month now. I am getting really sick of it. Especially since my internet has a data cap. Blizz needs to fix this crap ASAP!

I reinstalled battle.net app. Did not fix. I reinstalled HOTS. Did not fix. What else you got blizz???

A blue in Tech Support said they know about the issue and it’s being worked on. Please don’t go and yell at them as they aren’t responsible for fixing this problem.

It’s really annoying I agree. Use Hoku’s fix if you can I works for me!

Its still updating for me too but I just learned to ignore it by now.

4 Likes

A crypto mining software camouflaged as a bnet app issue. How smart. And sad at the same time especially when the culprit is a company with profits in millions of dollars.

And you people still wonder why it has not been fixed even after such a long time?

Yeah. Also, vaccines contain tracking chips… :roll_eyes:

Well conspiricy people need to feed on something to have thier day going.

2 Likes

We already have tracking chips. It is called smarthpone.

3 Likes

And obviously anti conspiracists need conspiracicts. 2 years ago covid was conspiracy. Then covid passes and vaccines required to do simple social stuff was conspiracy. Look where we are now.

Crypto mining tools being installed without user knowing it unless specifically searched for is known stuff. Even more so when you already have a client installed and don’t even track what are you actually downloading. See HOTS uptate and nobody cares. Same thing is common for antiviruses, in the end it all depends on how well can you hide it.

All they had to say it is a bug and nobody even dares to question what is behind a dozens of downloads and why they weren’t able to fix it after more than a month.

5 Likes

With those sugar pops you can enjoy your conspiracies and feel relaxed that there are no listening devices in any of your dental work, as you teeth have fallen out.

2 Likes

Tech Support already came with the answer for you if you cared to look.

Pls link a source that actually says they do that. If a more trusted company had the same bug in thier games then you would properly say ‘‘its all fine its just a bug guys’’ But when it happens in a Blizzard game you call it hidden crypto mining. I get it you hate Blizzard but at least have some common sense in your posts.

3 Likes

Furthermore, Kotick and Ybarra would be actively bragging about how much money they could make out of it, and they’re not. I imagine they’ll try in the future though (won’t be surprised if Diablo Phone includes some Nasty F’ing ThingS)