Insight needs some changes

I really don’t understand why it’s not an AoE heal. Did they think it would be too strong? Considering it competing with IF, it would be a bit more reasonable imo…

4 Likes

It would be better if “Every hit heals for X and third one heals for Y” at least. Getting healing from third punch is problematic.
But yes, AoE heal would be more useful.

4 Likes

To be effective against any kind of competent enemies, you need to accomplish things fast. Not stand there expecting them to let you punch them for 10 seconds with Insight or Transcendence.

It is no wonder why Iron Fist has such a high win rate and pick rate, even in full heal builds. It gives instant value.

Where is the value in proccing one or two heals from transcendence or getting a single 4s cd reduction on Breath of Heaven during a fight before you get focused?

I like playing Kharazim, but he is so one dimensional now. I don’t bother with Insight unless it’s a fun QM and I want to solo bosses.

5 Likes

It’s funny when I take Iron Fist and people act like I lost my W and I can’t heal anymore, even when I can take % healing at 4 and double W at 16. And still use my W. People just don’t group up to get healed…

5 Likes

Because Insight with W is already an AoE heal. Kinda the problem with Khara - he is so straight forward (punch stuff) its somewhat difficult to give him something else. If you make Trans regular AoE, you will have 2 talents that heal more in AoE the more you punch. Whats the point?
Khara + nearest 1 ally only would be enough to make it finally useful, while at the same time keeping Trans/Insight different, although it could use some extra bonus (persisting HoT on ally for example)

1 Like

I always take only Iron Fist even when going full heal or solo heal builds, no question about it. A dead or retreating enemy is no threat to teammates. And Iron Fist hurts.

Transcendence ally radius is pathetically small, I have never gotten good value out of it in any teamfight ever, until I get hit by a root, stun or AA slow and have to go back. Now my team has no healer and missing a lot of damage because no Iron Fist.

Even when I attempt to group around wounded teammates, 80-90% of my healing done with Transcendence or cd reductions from Insight are just self healing.

1 Like

It’s true that Kharazim is good finisher with Iron First. Half of my games nobody from my team was able to finish enemies, but I did as Kharazim.

He is so unic - he can drop your HP by Seven Sided Strike and finish you by Iron Fist. I love such healers.

1 Like

I don’t consider it an overlap. Insight is supposed to be a mix of the other 2, able to heal and dps but at a higher skillfloor (keyword supposed).

But maybe choosing trans grants a minor heal to his Q? I don’t know, spitballing.

Eh, can argue. Yes, differences exist, but not big enough imo to justify the existence of these talents. Lets use another example:
my main beef with Raynor rework since day 1 is his lvl 1 and Ace in the Hole vs Veteran Marksman.
Yeah, kinda different, but not really. Neither really changes much the way you play Raynor (especially after last change to AitH). Result/reward is also similar.
I can say the same about Kharazim.
You can fix it quite easly for Raynor - give him real Q build, starting from lvl 1 (seriously, where is Q build?), replacing either AitH or VM. Can you do the same with Khara? Nope, unless you go wild with new mechanic on Trans. If they make Trans simply AoE, Im sure it will compete with Insight. For a good reason - more punches = more heals, in AoE.

My way of thinking
#1 issue with Trans - most of the heals go to Kharazim.
Solution - every Xth hit always heals Kharazim for Y hp.

#2 issue with Trans - you overextend, get hit and heal yourself. So where is the benefit exactly? You can just stand back and not get hit in the first place.
Solution1 - every Xth hit applies HoT to nearest ally for Y seconds.
Solution2 - every Xth hit heals nearby ally for Y.
Solution3 - reduce CD of lvl 4 allies.
Whatever, just not the AoE.

Is it “more different” than AoE Trans? Yes.
Does it fix major (imo) issue with Trans? Yes.
Does it give Kharazim option he didnt have before? Yes. (better vs Dots/sustained damage, although this is more about the numbers)

Making Trans AoE is 1/3 “Yes” imo. Applying HoT also makes him bit less susceptible to CC/blinds, what is major issue with Khara. You land the Xth hit once and your team(mate) benefits from it for Y seconds. Not the case with AoE Trans which requires you to hit consistently.

1 Like

IMO, Insight needs to become a baseline quest, with some nerfs to keep Khara from being OP. A smaller CDR, smaller Mana refund, and maybe a higher number of stacks for completion could keep it balanced.

Transcendence needs buffs to be worth picking over Iron Fist. Iron Fist is too good for finishing, as well as speeding up camp clear. Constant value vs the unreliable Transcendence. A huge radius buff on the heal would be a good start.

He’ll need a new competitive Level 1 talent to replace Insight. Not sure what it could be. Perhaps basic attacks make Kharazim Unstoppable for a short time(like the amount of time between AAs), with reduced AA damage. His identity is built around punching, healing, and the mobility from dashing. Not sure if this could still be reflected in his Level 1 talents.

1 Like

Insight & Transcedence are strong if you can punch people , insight is better if the enemies aren’t going to pressure your team much in lane early on , once the quest is finished you can chase backliners to the end of earth with way of the hunderd fists and you will output more damage over time than iron fists , it’s also fantastic on lane sustain maps but the rule remains only if you can afford a bit weaker early game

1 Like

A loaded statement. I had to check out heroes profile.

In masters: IF is most picked and highest win rate
In dia & plat: insight comes out better
In gold & below: trans is best

How interesting. I guess the reason why that is is as you said:

The timing in masters is very tight so staying in the fight for an extended period of time would be your downfall. Your team are also able to draft and coordinate a good blow up strat.

Interestingly, if you combine all the ranks, trans, iron and insight all have very equal pick rates and win rates.

But that dimension is so much fun :smiley:
Punching people in the face never gets old.

they should chage the name of the game for Heroes of Crowd control

You know during season 1 2016 when everyone sucked and before the global healer nerf. You spammed insight with deadly reach and could heal around 140k in a 20min match😅

You guys should all be game developers, you’d easily be able to ship a patch every week just to fix the imbalance caused by other person’s ideas.

1 Like

As you can read many people have suggestions already. Thats what forums are for. :grin: But I saw you being multiple times salty on this forum. Also with daraks departure. Are you alright?

1 Like

Transcendance could maybe give some aoe heals (with maybe giving kharazim some bigger self heal) and insight give mana and some shield to kharazim instead of cdr.

Issue with both trait is that extended uptime of punching faces is not common so they would need to provide ways to get some sustain in order to stay in contact for longer.

However i fear that either punching fast and hard with iron first would still be the norm or that either reworked trait would be so broken you’d tank several people while punching them to death which would break the game.

1 Like

Underrated comment.

Think a aoe trans woule be great or that it links to a neirby hero for 50% heals. (Needs a nerf then) But insight needs a bit more oemph. Think if it maybe reduces the Q by 2s as a base?

How dare we discuss talents and trying to give featback in a moba forum😒

1 Like