[Incomplete HC] Soldier: 76

He’s like the most basic guy in Overwatch.

I haven’t posted here in a while… I was half considering Bliztron’s CDC#7 and pondered if I could come up with an interesting gamechanger concept. I came up with a rough idea that I liked, but I was too lazy to think of more details and talents and whatnot. I’m not even sure if this is the best character for this idea; Ashe could be fun too… but anyway, I felt the idea was unique enough that I felt like sharing now, in case it inspires something.

Amusingly, when I came up with the idea I remembered it was already featured in an April Fool’s joke…

======

Soldier: 76
[Numbers are now lv 1 estimates.]
Ranged Assassin
Health: ~1350
Basic attack DPS: Pretty high; fast shots with his Pulse Rifle. Well… technically they’re not basic attacks.
Resources: None really. Uses ammo for ‘basic’ attacks.

Trait - Precision Optics: You play in first-person perspective and have adjusted controls. Your Heavy Pulse Rifle uses ammo; press R to manually reload.

[The HUD/UI remains like HotS’, but otherwise it should look and feel like Overwatch, except you’re slower and can’t jump or crouch. There should be some button to toggle your mouse cursor (instead of aiming) so you can ping the map and such.]

Shift (Mount) - Sprint: You run 25% faster while this is being held, but cannot use other abilities.

Left-click (first ability) - Heavy Pulse Rifle (no cooldown): Fire at your cursor, dealing ~19 damage to the first enemy hit; hitting an enemy’s weak spot (generally their head) deals 30% more damage. Enemies farther than 6 range take drastically reduced damage; structures farther than 6 range take no damage.

[Same rate of fire, clip size, reload speed, and recoil/spread as in Overwatch; a clip has 25 shots and takes ~3 sec to deplete, and 1 sec to reload. Your cursor will change colour if targeting an enemy outside of 6 range. Structures have no weak spots. I’ll let you use your imagination for enemies without small/well-defined heads.]

Right-click (second ability) - Helix Rockets (8 sec cooldown): Fire a trio of rockets which explode on impact, dealing a total of up to ~270 damage on a direct hit. Deals greatly reduced damage to non-heroic targets farther than 9 range.

[Max range 20. Radius 1. They travel slower here than in Overwatch.]

E (third ability) - Biotic Field (16 sec cooldown): Drops a biotic field at your location for 5 seconds, which heals allied Heroes standing in it for ~70 per second.

[Radius of approximately 2.]

Q1 - Tactical Visor: For 6 seconds, your attacks automatically hit the nearest enemy to your cursor, prioritizing Heroes, and your Heavy Pulse Rifle’s falloff range is increased by 2. Your shots deal damage as if they hit an enemy’s weak spot (if they have one).

[Choosing this Heroic gives you an ult meter that charges as it does in Overwatch.]

Q2 - Plasma Discharge (11 sec cooldown): After a 0.6 sec delay, your current clip is emptied to fire an energy blast, dealing ~150 damage, plus ~11 damage per ammo spent, to each non-Structure enemy it passes through. You recoil back a significant distance, based to the ammo spent.

[Range 20, width 0.6. The blast is a projectile with a quick travel time. Pushes you back 4 to 8 units.]