I usually have lag server

Hello

i usually have lag server when i play
i mean the game freeze only the cursor effect work for about 2-3 second
do i have to open port for play without small lag?
otherwise there is a way to play on high latency for stop lag? (just like in starcraft)

thanks you
regard

For a long time i was having games skipping on me consistantly. It was a huge pain in the butt.

In a sad bid to fix the problem, i took my Wifi router back to my internet service, said it was glitching out and got a replacement. Since then the skipping/freeze-frame stuff is almost entirely gone. I honestly didn’t think getting a new router would have an effect, seeing as how my internet always worked great outside of HOTs.

Just something to consider.

1 Like

so blizzard have to fix the server isnt it?!

All i know is the freeze-ups are almost entirely gone since i got a new router.

I suppose maybe my internet wasn’t as good as i thought after all. I could have been having hiccups with other things but, didn’t notice it. Like watching youtube for example: I’m pretty sure it “buffers” ahead of time like with most online videos. So i wouldn’t notice if my net connection was occasionally seizing up. Videos would “appear” to play/load normally.

Inotherwords, if you have an old wifi router? Maybe think about getting a New one. It might do the trick for you as well.

Hey there,

What you’re describing is connection lag, not related to the server. If the game is freezing for a few seconds at a time this usually means your connection is experiencing packet loss. The game on your PC has to wait to receive updates from the server, which causes the brief freeze.

It can happen due to an unstable wi-fi connection (like Landmine mentioned) or due to problems with your internet provider. Getting your router replaced is a good idea if it’s an older model and if you lease it from your ISP.

You can also try running WinMTR which should show where packet loss is occurring.

1. Download WinMTR
  2. Right-click on the downloaded .zip folder and select “Extract All”, to extract the files to a new folder.
  3. Open the new WinMTR-v092 folder that was created, then open the WinMTR_x64 folder.
  4. Right-click on the WinMTR application and select “Run as administrator”.
  5. Type the server IP, 24.105.62.129 for US or 185.60.112.157 for EU, in the “Host” field. Click “Start” to begin the test.
  6. Launch the game and join a match. Allow the test to run for the full duration of the match, then click on “Stop” when you’re done playing.
  7. Click on “Copy Text to Clipboard”, paste the results here, then highlight everything and hit the </> button in the posting section so it will allow links.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.