I think Genji just needs longer cooldowns

I don’t know too much about HotS competitive–but from what I gather, Genji is in that place of being actually too strong, but considered too broken by design to be balanced–and I disagree with the later sentiment. I feel that the kind of change that can bring Genji into line with other characters is simply by increasing the cooldown of his abilities.

I don’t think that Genji being a difficult to play Hero needs to be remedied–if he’s a “top tier character when played competitively” then that’s what he is. Give him a longer time to be able to reset in combat. His strength is that, when all of his abilities are available, he’s able to capitalize on an engagement with a lot of focus. His low cooldowns are enabling him to reset his potential too fast in combat.

Some of his abilities might need a longer cooldown than you imagine. Swift Strike, perhaps, might feel more balanced closer to 20 seconds. Agility, I think, should have a higher than 30 second cooldown.

What I would propose is… Keep Shuriken and Deflect the same–this makes him more reliant on them in the interim of team fights. But target his mobility more aggressively–Swift Strike to 20 seconds, Agility to 45 seconds. Perhaps consider adding a Mana Cost to Agility, as well–for 50 Mana.

Oh YES, let’s DELETE Genji from the game, nobody needs him anyway! :clown_face:

2 Likes

Okay. It just occurred to me that Genji’s resets are a huge reason why he’s so popular–so, I want to suggest adjusting the period of time where he’s able to reset his ability to either 1 second or more likely 0.5 seconds.

In which case, you probably don’t have to nerf Agility too much.

Maybe try 0.75 seconds,
15s Cooldown Swift Strike
25s Agility Cooldown w/50 Mana Cost

Genji has one of the lowest winrates in the game and isn’t even played that often (7% pick rate and ban rate combined).

He already has pretty long cooldowns, and he’s far from needing a nerf regardless

1 Like

I rarely see this hero being picked and when i do i rarely see it in a place that it dominates the game…

Check the PTR. I will give blizzard credit on they usually buff heroes that need it and nerf the current meta. Genji isnt there so.

1 Like

Not sure where you are gathering this info, but it’s likely outdated.

Genji USE to be a dominating force in the top levels of play, and one of the lowest win rate heroes in practically all other levels play. Then he was hit with the nerf bat over and over, and now he’s one of the lowest win rate heroes across all levels of play, including masters.

He can still be quite good in the right hands under the right conditions, but he’s definitely not too strong, and he definitely doesn’t need more nerfs.

1 Like

Genji is NOT a high winrate hero. I’d like to see the games you are playing where he’s dominating

1 Like