I love DOTA reporting system but blizzard

Before getting seriously to sports, I was so bad at team sports as a kid, and no other school kid wanted me in their team. Still, there was worse than me… but not many :laughing: And we of course got all the shouting from the school’s glorious gods of football or basketball or whatever, as we hindered all their perfect strategies and gestures and skill. I can get their being pissed and it is quite similar in this game.
I often sigh in front of my screen. Bad players can do incredible, unthinkable things. Well, I just take patience and explain them whenever I can – doing it immediately is not always possible of course. But patience is a crucial key in this game. Might have something to do with personnal experience, and age. I am close to 40 and twice a parent. Might not be the case of the majority of this game’s playerbase.

1 Like

we can report some one for every thing
this guy was afk in the base and also he died alot !!!
this guy was afk(away from keyboard) but also he abuse chat alot
how did he do that at the same time ?

the game is dead so i dont expect blizzard to fix it !

Part of the game they were AFK and some other part of the game they were flaming in the chat.

Penal system does not require players to do punishable action the whole match. Sometimes one instance is enough.

Not like we have heard this 1000 times now. Tell us something we dont know.

3 Likes

This is so obvious, he perfectly knows that. He is not naïve nor stupid… but he clearly thinks readers here are.
Toxicity likes associated effort to prosper and convince. All those toxic kids being reported or defending other reported toxic ones are so preposterous in their flagrant way of pretending innocence and victimization.

1 Like

toxic kids
i wonder who is toxic here
let me guess im toxic at the same time im afk and i die alot and abuse chat .
once some one in team chat said hey got 6 report
i report u for all of them
even hacking and cheating !!!

I think the belief behind it is if they say it enough, it will come true. I really don’t get it though, why do they keep posting on a forum for a “dead” game they don’t like? Move on.

3 Likes

They see you have fun with the game while they feel mieserable, so they want to drag you on their level…

3 Likes

Orrrrrrrrr… just get rid of the reporting system completely and let us avoid the players we don’t want to play with.

I don’t always have fun and I also have my complaints about aspects of the game. This is clearly in my post history, Always though you get the certain poster who will accuse me (and others) of being Blizz drones and White Knights even when in your reply to them you have been critical of the game or Blizzard.

avoiding players would be nice specially 4 man parties !

Why would you remove players only option to punish trolls /feeders/afk/toxic players. Avoiding those players for a couple of days wont help in the long run.

What is needed right now is something that makes report system better than it is now.

1 Like

[quote=“Frogsaron-2394, post:33, topic:52199”]
Why would you remove players only option to punish trolls /feeders/afk/toxic players. Avoiding those players for a couple of days wont help in the long run.

What is needed right now is something that makes report system better than it is now.[/quote]

Let’s face it, the reporting system is garbage and they’re not going to put any money into improving it or hiring more staff to handle reports. The reporting system ISN’T doing anything to handle trolls or unpleasant players and it’s not going to any time soon.

Blizzard obviously isn’t going to allow players to ban accounts, but being able to avoid them is the best thing they can allow players to do. And yes, this will punish trolls and feeders by giving them incredibly long queue times as more and more people avoid their account.

Blizzard doesn’t have the capacity to determine who is throwing games or afking enough to ruin a team’s chance. If blizzard sees inactivity for 30 seconds, they’re not going to do anything, but if 4 other players saw 30 seconds of inactivity right before a late game objective they hearthed and it caused the loss of the game, that would be a good reason to avoid them.

The only people who suffer with an avoidance system are people who are ruining the game consistently for others. Oh, and that one amazing, imaginary Widowmaker from Overwatch.

I so wish I didn’t have to keep saying this to ideas like this but… The current player population doesn’t allow for an “avoid player” feature. Quite simply there aren’t enough people playing, even putting aside the other problems that could come with the feature you’re suggesting.

1 Like

no worry
blizzard will never fix it .
so just chilllllllllllll and relax !
they jus made raynor lvl 20 murky in aram and u expect to fix the reporting system.

They will fix it, just give them six months.

2 Likes

or six years i guess

If you got muted or banned its because of 100’s of reports by DIFFERENT accounts over 100’s of games. I’m gonna call BS.

1 Like

Here is what i love. If multiple reports, they say a GM has reviewed all relevant evidence in detail to make their decision. However, they also claim the majority of staff has been transferred or let go and yet there is some random GM at 2 AM available to review. Biggest crock, in fact the entire company is.