Huge frame drops and 1 sec freeze

Thank you for your answer but i know i had this version installed on many more pcs that don’t have this issue. Also,Tavria (man who replied to this topic) has version above mine and has the same issue.

I don’t believe that windows version can interfere with this. After all,drivers are all updated to the latest and other games that i play online (cs go,warcraft,world of tanks) don’t have this problem with freeze.

Also i forgot to mention. I froze windows update. (windows 10 has the greatest problem with this,it keeps updating unnecessary things like gpu drivers and mb drivers)…so i disabled it.

also experiencing a similar issue after today’s patch (march 26th) but it’s not stutter, it’s high ping (170ms) instead of the usual 20ms. I think the patch was corrupted because my loading screen image is all messed up and a clean install of hots doesn’t fix it. HELP! I can’t play HOTS, it’s so laggy!!! Also im in California and it says my ping on central is 63ms but ping on western is 180ms?!?!?!? wtf makes no sense.

Experiencing stutter and high pings 130ms after patch. I am running latest windows 10 updates and video card drivers so it’s not that.

Same issue here. Ran repair tool; nothing. Did dns flush; nothing. Reinstalled the game; nothing…

Shame that I was really looking forward to playing with this patch and now I’m stuck doing mindless AI just to complete the event instead of enjoying the updates.

Same issue here as well.
Ryzen and 1080.
I have uninstalled HoTS, rolled back graphics drivers, etc etc. Didn’t start until this patch.

This issue came for me as well about 2-3 days ago. My OS is Windows 10 and I updated the Windows today (March 28th, 2019) and the problem got fixed.

I tried Scan and Repair on battle net application, reinstalling the game, deleting cache files from battle.net, updating nvidia drivers, reinstalling older version of nvidia drivers and they didn’t work. Windows 10 update did the trick and I can enjoy the game without any lags/freezes.

Well poop…this is THE first game that is based (not on drivers and harware) on windows…gg blizzard.

SneakyLektor, I did the same things that you did and they didn’t work. You should try updating the Windows 10. I did it about an hour ago and it got the problem fixed. Hope it will fix yours too.

I am having a similar issue!

I tried updating yesterday (27 March 2019) after reading a post on reddit saying that fixed it for someone; the problem still persists. Even ran repair, reinstall, dns flush.

Just deleted battle.net cache and that didn’t fix it either.

Edit: I wonder if this is strictly an issue with Ryzen right now. I’m running a Ryzen 7 1700X and GTX 1080.

Same Issue here,
Nvidia gtx 1060

tried to instal new drivers, went back to previous ones, didn’t fix :slight_smile:

You all have the same issue with NVIDIA Geforce drivers, that’s the problem…

I’ve AMD Graphic Card (driver updated) and the patch did literally nothing grong to me …

But are you using an AMD or Intel CPU?

From what I’ve been able to gather is that everyone having this issue seems to be running a Ryzen chipset, perhaps Intel CPUs has not been affected at all.

issue returned
Hello, I was doing some looking at me Nvidia experience earlier and realized that I installed a new driver monday just as all this started, I unsinstalled that driver and installed the version behind it, i have played two games and have confirmed that this issue is resolved.
I played 3-4 games earlier tonight before doing this and still had the issue; removed and went back a driver version and now it is working fine.
The errant driver version was 419.67
I uninstalled it and downloaded and installed 419.35 and that has resolved my issued.
YMMV; GOOD LUCK!
(looking at our dxdiags we HAD the same driver version, worth a shot!)
This morning the problem has returned so it seems it was only a temporary fix.

GeForce Experience wasn’t showing anything past 417.71 for me. But I updated to the 419.35 now and I’m still experiencing the spikes.

Yes I am sorry to report that after rebooting and coming back this morning the problem is back, very sad. I don’t know what to do at this point.

1 Like

Possibly resolved!

After trying pretty much everything I could think of I decided to do the simplest of all; rebooting my router. I unplugged it for about 5 minutes and then plugged it back in.

Everything seems to be going flawlessly after one game (so far). I’ll report back if anything changes.

My issue was resolved with Windows Updates as well. I normally keep my machine up to date but missed the last feature update and once that was installed my game is back to running smoothly.

Incredible that the game is “based” on windows version… :confused:
I will try that,tnx.

Having the same issues here. Have updated and installed all the latest Win10 updates and still getting this 1 second freeze. The only thing I have noticed is that when I run the Logitech ARX application on my phone when running HoTS, the 7th core on my CPU peaks at 100% usage but the temp is only at 40 degrees C (and thats running at maximum settings).

It is at that point that the application freezes. I’m not sure if this is totally helpful and I understand that that phone application probably isn’t as accurate as something that is installed directly to the PC like HWmonitor but its pretty good.

I have of course tried turning the settings down all the way to low to test but issue remains.