Huge frame drops and 1 sec freeze

Yes I am sorry to report that after rebooting and coming back this morning the problem is back, very sad. I don’t know what to do at this point.

1 Like

Possibly resolved!

After trying pretty much everything I could think of I decided to do the simplest of all; rebooting my router. I unplugged it for about 5 minutes and then plugged it back in.

Everything seems to be going flawlessly after one game (so far). I’ll report back if anything changes.

My issue was resolved with Windows Updates as well. I normally keep my machine up to date but missed the last feature update and once that was installed my game is back to running smoothly.

Incredible that the game is “based” on windows version… :confused:
I will try that,tnx.

Having the same issues here. Have updated and installed all the latest Win10 updates and still getting this 1 second freeze. The only thing I have noticed is that when I run the Logitech ARX application on my phone when running HoTS, the 7th core on my CPU peaks at 100% usage but the temp is only at 40 degrees C (and thats running at maximum settings).

It is at that point that the application freezes. I’m not sure if this is totally helpful and I understand that that phone application probably isn’t as accurate as something that is installed directly to the PC like HWmonitor but its pretty good.

I have of course tried turning the settings down all the way to low to test but issue remains.

I found this… Maybe it’s a windows issue (remove spaces “www”)

https:// w w w .pcgamer.com/a-recent-windows-10-update-is-hurting-game-performance-and-messing-with-mice/

Having massive lag every 15 sec or so… unplayable…

Will quit until the next windows update or if anyone knows a fix to it!

I am also having this issue since the patch, every 15-30s a huge stutter/lag.

I tried what some people in-game said to, uninstall reinstall, delete documents, etc. No luck. Running a GTX 980 with latest driver and newest windows 10.

Bumping this… I’m in the same boat…

I was having this issue for some time, the thing that fixed it was making sure I had windows updated all the way, go to your pc and check for updates. I had to update some runtimes that was out of date for some reason. After that no more lag.

Windows updates fixed my issue.

Latest Windows updates (today Wed 2019/04/03) fixed it!

“Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03”

Had this issue earlier, but going to the BattleNet launcher and choosing “options --> game settings --> Reset In-Game Options” fixed it for me (after the Windows update)

1 Like

I can also confirm that updating the windows

“Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03”

Worked for me - this install doesn’t come auto, you need to ‘scan and apply’ manually.

3 posts were split to a new topic: [Parienchi] Frame drops

THats just what they say when they have no idea what the fed up.
its a BS cop-out because there discontinuing HOTS and dont care to deal with the issue. Basically their way of saying we dont give care. Thanks Blizzard again for not carrying about your community. As always have a great day.

Several players in this thread mentioned that one of the recent windows updates was fixing this problem for them. I’d recommend you update windows manually and ensure you have the latest version. The 1809 build, as some players mentioned, does not automatically show up for many people. Still, you can go to windows update in your windows search bar and use the “Check for Updates” button which should find it.