How many win's in QM before it forces a loss?

Seems like 6-9 in a row, but that’s just my own observation.
(loss as in horrendously skewed comps where the enemy is favored/your team is obviously ungodly lower MMR than usual(or both(#El dorado meme)

1 Like

go on your lower winrate hero.

Youll win more. Ive been practicing my bad winrate heroes and gotten better.

36%-48% over 100+ games, and now im facing extreme counter teams/afk on my team and sliding from 48-43% now.

At the risk of you being genuine/serious, there is no “forced win ratio” system in place nor does the game force people to win any percentage of matches (50% or otherwise).

The senior (ex.) game developer himself, who is a very high grand master, went on a 16 loss streak at the start of a season.
The phenomenon is known as ‘variance’.

14 Likes

4 win, and match 5th will some harder, and at 6 sure enemy party 5, and your team complete 4 newbie

1 Like

Can confirm this. Adding maybe another tank instead of an assassin is also an option to even out the player field.

‘how many times can I roll a d20 before the universe forces me to have a nat 1?’

There is no mechanic that forces you to have unfavored matchups after X games. It’s just random matchmaking. Sometimes you get lucky and get a favored matchup. Sometimes you get unlucky and get a bad or unfavored one. How long you can go until you run into an unlucky matchup is pure chance.

(Side note: Unlucky or unfavored matchup still does not mean ‘forced loss’ either, there’s still a chance to win those games and continue your win streak. )

7 Likes

Do you know “self-fulfilling prophecy”? That’s what happend here.

When I used to play 100+ QM games a week, it never failed that I would go on a massive lose streak at some point with only smaller, staggered win streaks, across twice as many games, to recover on. I’ve experienced losing up to 40+ out of my last 50 matches in multiple instances.

1 Like

Well, the analogy isn’t exact, because as you win, your die is ever so slightly weighted a little more against you, because your individual contribution has to be able to keep up with the competition as your MMR rises.

It’s kind of amazing that some people who have played thousands of games ignore all other patterns they’ve encountered. Even worse, is some people who know full well what variance is as a concept, but still happily get triggered by their most recent games and go on a conspiracy rant and blame shift.

I’m really fascinated how one makes the leap from:

I just had a bad game → This game is bad.

3 Likes

No “forced losses” exactly. But what the matching system does do is alternate between sticking good players with the chumps. To “balance” things out.

Been playing this game consistently for 2 years, 1-4+ matches every day, and i’ve ALWAYS had those strange alternating long win & long loss streaks. Those instances where i just CANNOT catch a break, regarding my team mates. And always get matched with these SAD chumps that can’t hold their own for anything.

Those instances when we do win? It always feels like we “caused an upset”. That the system intentionally threw me to the scrubs and we weren’t “meant” to win.

Edit: The only ‘fix’ i’ve found for this, is to just give the game a break and come back later. Hoping that by then i will have left the “scrub que”. There’s no sense in continuing to play anyway, if i’m just going to keep getting stuck with crappy players and losing.

1 Like

I’ll also add that I played about 6000 games by either the beginning or end of 2018 when they made some under the hood changes to matchmaking. I can’t remember the exact patch. But after that is when I started feeling much different trends in my QM experiences such as the massive lose streaks and the slower, staggered wins to balance out.

No it doesn’t. It doesn’t have to. Most people just suck at this game, and that’s all there is to it.

5 Likes

Yup. They want us to think it’s just chance and the luck of the draw. Because everybody goes through rough patches, right?! Horsecrap. These alternating “trends” happen far too consistently to be ‘bad luck’.

Like i said in my edit above, i’ve learned to just STOP playing and come back later. I make it a, “2 bad matches” rule. As in, if i get stuck with a team of losers and lose horribly twice in a row? It’s breaktime.

I’ve learned the hard way not to persist. With the hope that by the time i come back, i will have exited the ‘losers-queue’.

He had to be trying out different heroes or something. Not even bad players go on runs like that.

Id say 60% of my matches are stomps and 30% of my games are so one-sided that im thinking “in what world are these 2 teams supposed to have an equal shot at winning?”

Either the MMR is so bad its actually kind of funny… or there are some other variables taken into account.

1 Like

^^ That’s what they want to you think. That’s it’s all chance and ‘bad luck’.

1 Like

50/50 isn’t real and 5 stacks have no advantages.

#thingsblizzardsay

1 Like

That also highly depends on if its a try hard premade full of master smurfs or a casual one with five soloes who found eachother in LFG.

How many trolls/feeders you have on your team also have a huge impact if you end up getting stomped or you end up winnng cause you was lucky to get 5 people that has a brain.

LIke now i just beated a 4 man team with a solo Lunara on the team. I ended with top dmg and most kills and mvp as Ophera and the others was not just some clueles zombies. They actually reacted on pings and defended our sentinal when they tried to take it.

And we ended up winning.

1 Like

There is no depends. They have 0 advantage in any situation. This is what blizzard says and so it must be.

1 Like

if “50/50” were real i wouldnt get 38% win rate potatoes since it would be impossible

the entire concept is just stupid

6 Likes