How many members (exactly) does the heroes dev team has?

This has been a question to me for a long time and also the dark legend behind Hots’ slow development. just please answer me: how many members Exactly are in the heroes dev team as of now?

The difference is pretty devastating. They have just 8 staff left.

During the peak of HotS they had 140 people working on this game.

Keep that in mind the next time you wonder why this or that feature is not being implemented or why reworks take years. This game has been financially abandoned by the parent company.

If there is any upside, those employees weren’t fired, they were moved to other projects like WC3: Reforged (or in the case of Lana, she went to animate champions for League of Legends).

12 Likes

Oh no. That’s more horrible than i thought :neutral_face:

Thanks for telling me.

1 Like

Like the comments in the reddit thread itself are saying: the second picture isn’t the whole remaining staff, like the OP implies; they’re just one team (the ones who were gonna participate in an AMA)

also (like the comments are saying, too), the OP in that thread makes it seem like everyone else was fired, when most of them were transfered to other projects within Blizz (the Activision-Blizzard “massive layoffs” were mostly of QA and marketing employees, and not developers)… At least that’s what I recall hearing back then, but I don’t remember exactly where (but one of the comments brings up that they were actually hiring developers. It would make no sense to fire devs, and then hire new ones who will need time to adapt to the team and “get up to speed”)

3 Likes

Lana and Oscar left last year, this photo is literally 6.

Also this is a reddit photo for AMA

Also literally first reply in that thread:

1 Like

Ah ok, good to know. I could not tell Oscar by appearance.

And as said they weren’t fired, so at least there is a silver lining to the downsizing. They’re just working on other stuff than HotS now.

Gosh, so much false information in this thread :roll_eyes:

If we really had only 6 devs the game would be closed already :rofl: :rofl:
We probably have around 30 or more devs.

2 Likes

It would be nice if other devs than only Adam Jackson replied to player concerns.

Sometimes it feels like the active team is just 2-3 people because of that.

I don’t say they should post on forums daily, just make a blue post once a month or something so we know you’re alive…

Posting on forum/reddit/any other social media is always done if the dev wants to and on their free time, so it’s understandable if most of them don’t post at all.

1 Like

Are you sure this is correct? The first picture seems like a LOT of people.

And the 2nd picture can’t be right since they have hired other staff since, Lana is no longer there and AZ Jackson is not on that picture.

Second picture is just some picture they took for an AMA, and they didn’t even had all devs there in the picture that were going to do the AMA. So yeah, just false information all over the thread.

4 Likes

It’s from 2019, it was the first reddit result. It is apparently just an AMA gathering for devs, there could be others that weren’t available for AMA.

Should really edit your main post so you don’t confuse all the people and get all the doomers losing their mind over this false info.

3 Likes

Too late I fear…

1 Like

man i really miss the old days of hots when you got a new hero every month lol. Give us back the developers you took and sent to WC Reforged, thats a waste of personnel.

3 Likes

I wish I was around to have gotten that lol, I joined after Orphea was new to the game right before the first Toys event I believe.

Just to answer this btw, Blizzard will never tell us how many, just because people will rage and complain no matter what. It doesn’t matter if we got 1 dev, 30 devs, 100 devs, 500 devs, people would always say it’s not enough.

1 Like

Not to mention, they probably can’t tell us, because of corporate policy.

Just like they decided to not share the numbers of games/players in WoW and SC, which they used to show, or like they can’t openly say wether the Diablo Netflix thing is real or not, to appease the rumors.

It seems Activision-Blizzard has a thing for secrecy (or have something against being open/transparent).

Of course, that’s all just speculation on my part: I don’t really know wether they could share the info if they wanted to.

1 Like

Big oof.

Yeah, 7 votes, people squirming like fireflies over it with their biases.

Gosh don’t you just love Karma seekers on reddit using anything for free upvotes?