How does anyone find rehgar fun?

I see the fun, unlike a lot of other supports, Reh Reh plays very actively and aggressively.

He can wave clear decently, much better than other supports, he can take giants decently fast, and he can out duel a lot of heroes in the game.

Plus feral lunge is built in allowing you to chase down stragglers and bite them likewoofwoof* mfer!

Plus at 16 his W build is really strong, especially at 20 with rewind, you can delete people really fast.

He’s the most aggressive healer behind Uther. That’s where the fun resides, you don’t play health bar whack a mole, you actually kill things.

4 Likes

He’s my third-favourite healer behind Auriel and Tyrande. He’s certainly a little underwhelming right now, but the base mechanics of his kit are great.

UwU

1 Like

He’s not a heal bot that’s for sure. His low Q heal and bad positioning of others can make him really low numbers. Going his “meta build” is boring. Stand at the back and use healing totem and have to hold back your W a lot.
If you go an aggressive build he is great in the right comps and with the right talents you can get kills and heal. Super fun but you can get flamed when people think you should just be a heal bot.

You’d be amazed how much fun her E brings to her playstyle. I’ve won games with a higher finishing-blow count than most of my teammates because of how good it is, and I’ve saved some amazingly suicidal teammates with it too.

I got 3 favorite healers:

• Kharazim
  • Rehgar
  • Tyrande

Guess what they have in common.

2 Likes

There’s some truth to this IF you don’t play support. I ranked up just fine playing support by being an actual support.

Having the tools to do other stuff alone gives you the option to, but it also then basically temporarily removes you from the one thing that your team actually needs you for which solves one problem to to create a potentially bigger problem.

Ironically, having that mentality is actually what holds people up from ranking up doing better with supports. As Morales, you shouldn’t be alone, so saying she’s useless without an ally is true but also kind of silly to state. If you find yourself alone, go somewhere else.

I heal my incompetent allies because that’s what leads to the best outcome to winning games as a support because you lean into what gives your team strength. You can simultaneously heal them and still think they’re an idiot, they’re not mutually exclusive lol.

What’s more valuable healing a bad Valla who is at least doing some damage with AA, or wave clearing in another lane to basically let that Valla die? That answer will vary greatly depending on who’s answering it, but for me, as a support, I’ll generally go the former.

They all belong to a different race. You’re doing this for diversity.

Kudos.

2 Likes

Uh… Juice Pirates is kinda big deal, one that can win games. When a healer has an entire strategy that can be built around her, one that you actually have to watch out for, I can’t say that she’s one dimensional.

While she may not be able to do much alone what she does bring to the table when paired up with a proper carry, or group to utilize her Medivac, can easily dictate the pace of the game just as much as any assassin or tank. I mean saying she can heal and protect allies is grossly simplifying how effectively she does this, done properly her target simply won’t die and in turn win those team fights with ease (hence the need to properly interrupt and isolate Morales – which is often easier said than done).

Are we just going to take his abilities in isolation rather than how they work in tandem? Because that kinda makes a big difference to actually enjoying Reghar… If you’re not even going to bother to understand how the abilities have synergy to combo into one another then I agree he isn’t fun when not played properly.

I don’t remember the last time I took his Q talents and healing totem, except for occasionally Tidal Waves when I take cleanse over Blood and Thunder. W/Wolf build always. Even before he got lightning bond and self ancestral back.

1 Like

Is THE dumbest thing I have ever seen. I’ve seen it win a game in a compilation video and only gone up against it once. The one time it happened to me, I knew exactly what they were doing. When nobody showed up in mid lane at the beginning of the game, I immediately redirected my team up top to where, as you would imagine, the entire enemy team was trying to rush down our towers. They did eventually get our fort by perpetually sneaking between lanes, and later on our keep, but my team was able to push them back every single time and win. That’s not a game winning strategy. It’s incredibly stupid cheese nonsense that can easily be countered.

It is obviously a hit or miss strategy but the point being that it does add a pretty big dimension to Morales actually dictating the pace of the game. Although good juice pirates usually do the rush when they have the numbers advantage, or objective advantage to push. Bad ones are the ones that just keep rushing in a suicidal manner, the important one is the ones that know they have the numbers lead (meaning at least one dead) along with Tyrael’s heroic being up (that’s why he’s an important part of the combo; his heroic and his move speed buff helps his allies in retreating and if anybody needs to take the fall he’s the best one to do it as his explosion can disperse the enemy team).

I also like Rehgar. I wish he had more wolf talents, though, including a wolf ultimate. The wolf is really what makes him cool.

Bloodlust, while an iconic shaman ability, lacks that punch in hots that it has in wow. Its currently amazing for AA heroes and nobody else. Maybe allow for it to heal allies for spell damage done as well? Its rarely picked over ancestral healing. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it replaced. Feral Spirit would be awesome to see in hots. make their attacks heal his whole team in an area of rehgar instead of just him. I could actually see that as a replacement for healing totem or a non ult upgrade storm talent, depending on its strength.

I’m fine with ghost wolf how it is. Its only function in wow is for travel purposes. Its more useful in hots because you can use it to attack and talent it into cdr.

He does probably need a small talent overhaul, as he is one of the few heroes in the game to retain multiple generic talents, ones like stormshield and rewind that make no sense for the orc. His cleanse also has no interactivity with his kit, unlike every other cleanse in the game. Farsight and the totem moving talent are a joke.

Could definitely see a few of his talents being replaced. Maybe more wolf talents? However his E build is currently too good for me to pass up. The mana return at 4 is insane. Earth shield has long been the go to talent at 13, and now they’ve tied lightning bond to rising storm, which is killer for team fights and mid late game camp clearing. His q talents just don’t cut it when I can outheal the enemy healer and make a more meaningful contribution to the team.

1 Like

Add Raynor, Hammer and Fenix to the list too, thanks.

This is the “meta” build that I see when watching higher levels of plays which doesnt include in Q talents (haven’t check hots logs though) but is:

• Level 1: E
  • 4: healing totem
  • 7: cleanse
  • 10: AH (of course)
  • 13: W
  • 16: E
  • 20: Stormshield (i think)

The problem i find with this is that it’s to heal bot and without taking a mana regeneration talent at 4 you can’t be as agressive.
I personal pick up a mana regen at 4 and build around the enemy comp normally play a bit more agressive.

Totally agree with your other post. While being my fav healer he could use some minor tweaks provided they don’t completely overhaul him and change his play style.

I agree. As long as they keep him the same, I’m more than okay with them changing his out of date talents. His “meta” build is what I started playing rehgar as forever ago, but it feels like such a waste of his kit.

1 Like

Rehgar is only boring if your idea of supporting is to hide in the back line and heal your team mates. He’s not that kind of support. He’s the kind of support that can help skirmish with the enemy team directly and chase down and dive for kills.

1 Like

You guys must have a different way of thinking. I think Rehgar’s one of the best healers. You got your attack and wolf form aside, but his totem is ninja OP. Not only does it zone and set up kills, but if you team with a Rehgar or is Rehgar, then talents like Raynor’s Ace in the hole or Chromie’s Proper greeting will work well. It works better with a stacked team. You just wait for Rehgar to lay the totem down and follow up.

1 Like