How does anyone find rehgar fun?

This is the most boring support I have ever touched. None of his abilities except for ancestral and totem seem to have any impact.

You boringly just press z on cooldown to do any form of actual damage. Q’s heal is so small it’s barely noticeable. His totem is pretty bomb and I’ve used it to peel and found that 90 percent slow talent super imapactful. HIs lightning shield feels like a worse burning rage unless you talent it,

Like honestly, I don’t get where is the “fun” in this character?

3 Likes

Morales said hi. Except healing and protecting her allies, I don’t think there is anything she can do alone.

1 Like

Well it’s kinda already half of abilities lol

He’s a wolf and he can eat people. Roar

5 Likes

Save your teammate from enemies collapse with nade. This is better than cleanse in many scenarios + making your tank EHP skyrocket. Lets not forget about mass global which is at the same time no different from Medivh shield in rare but possible scenarios.
Most of the time people who call Morales healbot are the same people who complain about her energy. What a coincedence…

Anyway, Rehgar needs far more talents like Blood&Thunder and Hunger of the Wolf.

5 Likes

How does anyone find Zul’Jin fun?
All you do is throw axes.

BORING.

13 Likes

Anything can be boring against boring opponents.
Then one day you get a to the wire stressful match where no error is allowed.
Under these conditions even raynor may be hard to play.

1 Like

I don’t really play supports to do stuff alone. Medivac is probably one of the most fun talents in the game.

With Self Ancestral and the buffed Rising Storm talent, he’s a lot more fun now. Was never really a big fan of being able to clear waves or mere camping, because again, I don’t play supports to do that. So while nice, that was never an element that drew me to Rehgar.

1 Like

I would also question how exactly double W and hugging minion wave/merc camp made him more “fun”. Throwing nades or even something so simple as AA is more fun.

for me, I find there are the least frustrating things going on for rehgar compared to other healers.

• few allies dodge his heals
  • has waveclear to sit lanes if others don’t
  • isn’t wrecked when allies displace a targeted enemy
  • can run from some stuff other supports can’t
  • mix of single target and aoe healing, and not strictly one or the other
  • can sit back or go in; not so dependent on one or the other

so yea, wouldn’t say he’s outstandingly ‘fun’, but not being frustrated is more enjoyable than a number of ways I can be offset when playing other healer heroes. so he’s a safe pick in my book :confused:

5 Likes

I have to agree with OP. Rehgar is boring and only reason you want to have Rehgar is Ancestral Heal. That heroic alone can change games but the rest of his kit is just meh.

L. shield gives you the best waveclear of any healer. I don’t see anything bad about that.

Also, his Q heals two targets. If you raise it it starts being OP. And it’s still more than Brightwing.

Reghar is the most active support around. If you find him boring, you probably won’t like any of the other healers.

1 Like

What’s boring about an aggressive Healer? :thinking:
Ok, Q just heals, ok, but you can “enhance” it with positioning.
W gives you more dmg and looks cool.
E is a strong slow which you can talent into a “root” (1 sec 90% slow is dope).
Z makes him pretty fun constantly biting ppl and running around like a mad dog.
AH is satisfying, BL flashy.

1 Like

You won’t believe how much fun I have, playing Reghar.
I can pick him in most games, because he has stable healing for 3 people in same time. And you can spam it more often with 1-2 CDR talents or make it HOT.
The best wave clear among healers and second best among supports (because Tassadar is first place)
AoE slow, what makes the life of the heroes without mobility and escape hell.
Unstopable mount!
He’s fat enough to fight on fights, not be backline baby.
Good dmg for support. Really good.
Can take most camps solo.
Press R to save allie or Press R to KILL THEM ALL
I can do a lot of things and most heroes can’t stop me.

I find Rehgar really fun. I like to play him and watch the world burns!

1 Like

whats boring on rehgar?
hes the most fun support
he can do things by himself
other supports just follow like monkeys because they have no waveclear

2 Likes

The only reason I don’t like to play Rehgar is because he’s pretty good all around (sort of similar to why I don’t like Sonya). He can heal, but it doesn’t feel like he’s healing a lot when I play him. He can do good damage, but it doesn’t feel like I’m doing a lot of damage when I play him. Personally, I’d rather have a hero that seems more impactful than him (not that he isn’t, he just doesn’t click with me).

Maybe the reason some people like him and some don’t is because it’s all pretty subjective. It depends on if you like how they play. Shouldn’t be too hard to understand.

Morales is my favorite support, mostly due to Medivac. But Kilometer has a point. To rank up in this game your hero should be able to do as many things alone as possible.

Just “hoping” your team will clear lanes, do camps, defend forts etc. is sadly not a viable strategy in ranked. Sometimes your team just wont do those things, in which case you have to step in and do them yourself.

Can’t really do it with a Morales, even against a single pusher or enemy player. She is 100% reliant on her teammates being around, and being competent (using all your energy on a Valla who can’t stutter step or use her abilities properly is just not very valuable).

That’s also why I’m reluctant to pick her anymore unless we have at least 2-3 friends in the group. I need to be able to trust my team to do basic stuff like soaking lanes or knowing how their ranged assassin deals damage properly. Then she is a lot of fun to play.

It heals three targets. It bounces two a maximum of two other heroes.

Rehgar is my favorite support, and I play almost all of them. I frequently have the highest amount of kills on my team, as I’m able to leap onto fleeing targets and protect myself in ways that most heroes can’t. He’s got a very active playstyle. Constantly repositioning. Choosing when to go in and attack. Great wave clear. Can solo camps. Hardly ever have to back as his mana management with the W talent at 4 is amazing. Even if you do, his trait allows for fast rotation and returning to your team as he can’t be forced out of wolf form.

If you can’t see what’s fun about playing an aggressive wolf shaman, that’s on you. Stormcaller/Earth Shield/Rising Storm makes for a potent combination. Toss in Blood and Thunder (if you don’t need the cleanse) for extra fun and great CDR.

Ok yeah it bounces twice. Gnarliex and his precision.

Humbug.

1 Like

it took me a few games but after i found it.

• he’s a great finisher ( tracer is the least of your issues now , since now shes usually the one running away from you lol )
  • lighting shield is a great suttle way to damage a target, since it doesnt have to be on you, it can be casted on a minnion, a totem , an ally, and most people dont always expect this.
  • usually when casting healing on a target, one shot is going to be back to you, so you heal someone and yourself at one :smiley: , its a win win !
  • you have no dismounts upon being hit and your “mounting” cannot be interrupted by regular means .
  • he’s able to do % life damage, hello garrosh and cho gall ! :slight_smile:
  • ancestral healing as always satisfying to cast on a near dead target :+1:
  • i like supports :slight_smile: but i like supports that can kill enemies better :smiley:
1 Like

I like playing a support with the capability of laning/wave clear and taking camps.

Is that hard to understand?

Also Reghar is very mobile because his mount is insta cast and can go faster than a typical mount if talented at level 1.