How come Gabriel Tosh is still not in the game

One of the coolest starcraft2 characters. A mirror to nova. Not even regarding his skin color, he’s just cool by himself.

5 Likes

Mengsk is not in the game yet, what hope can Tosh have if way more relevant and cooler characters are still not it the game.

3 Likes

We aren’t allowed anymore SC characters remember, only Overwatch

2 Likes

If you pull the race card Blizzard will release him tommorow.

13 Likes

Because they still haven’t figured out how to balance a Stealth hero, and what is the point of adding another stealth hero if they can’t balance them?

7 Likes

Can I do this with the D2 Paladin, I’ve wanted him since Diablo 2 Heroes were put on the table

Just pick AA Tyrael and use a bit of your imagination. Close enough shrugs

Tyrael doesn’t let me fill a screen with Hammers, or gain enough Zeal stacks to melt bosses

Because Izsha isn’t in the game.

Tosh isn’t as stealth dependent as Nova.

His kit is more built around survival and crowd control (Mind Blast and Psi Shield)
than stealth.

As a spectre, they shoot slower than Ghosts, but the shots did more dmg to Armored foes than Light which ghosts are more effective against.

As for the Heroics, his first one would be Psionic Strike, a channeled move that did major dmg, and could be tuned to drain the opponents ability resource (Mana, energy, fury etc.)

Blizz can come up with a 2nd heroic (likely a more defensive one).

As for his trait (tactical cunning) whenever he would take dmg, his next ability will not cost mana and trigger a stealth field for 3 (1st second being unrevealable).

There’s alot more than they do with Tosh, and given what they did with Mei, who knows what they will give him.

4 Likes

Because heroes have a development cycle that requires them to have:

1. unique kits consisting of at least 3 basic abilities, 2 heroics, a passive/active trait
  2. at least 18 modifications to the hero via talent picks
  3. Unique silhouette and movement animation to keep the hero identifiable even when they’re not in their default appearance and base colors
  4. Ideas for later skins that utilize elements of the character to be sufficiently recognizable, but still interesting in other designs
  5. Unique spell and particle effects that aren’t confused for other abilities
  6. Voice lines with references to other media, joke clicks, unique Nexus interactions and possible an announcer pack to match (which can be subject to the availability of the voice actor)
  7. Icon art, ui assets, name descriptions, etc

if the hero isn’t already in the game, then they don’t have a complete kit, with complete assets, with unique elements and play styles with all the audio fluff. There isn’t some magic pipeline of done heroes that blizz just sits on waiting for the magic moment someone finally decides to list a heroes name; if you didn’t have the sense to think of how the hero could be added to the game, then chances may be that a lot of their particulars overlap with heroes that already are in the game, but those would be details people don’t otherwise think about because they themselves don’t make characters to put into games.

5 Likes

This statement would work much better with WC or even Diablo considering OW just got a new hero after a 3 year wait.

I remember a time when people thought it was bad that Diablo waited something like 11 months without a new hero. This is way worse

His kit in WoL doesn’t necessarily mean that’s what they’ll base him on it, but I agree. There’s a lot of directions they can go between his WoL abilities, spectres in general and Tosh himself.

4 Likes

Hydralisk first, though. Also Sombra first.

2 Likes

Dude I can’t even get them add the Xel’Naga Kerrigan skin… 17 Cheerleader variation sure (don’t tell me some on the team doesn’t have a fetish) 6 succubus variations, 0 Xel’Naga seriously…

Dont even get me started on fixing the broken zerg mount (or should I say UNBROKEN zerg mount)

1 Like

To be fair, you could say the xelnaga skin is a spoiler. Or at least in the past. Not so much in the last few years.

What’s wrong with the zerg mount?

1 Like

I have been waiting for Tosh since 2015, I am glad to see other people wanting him

Yeah dude I can’t believe they are spamming us with Overwatch heroes. Like hanzo came out in 2017 and we’re 2020. It’s like it never stops.

5 Likes

It would be difficult making him different from Nova. Specters even use the same template as Ghosts.

:+1:

Not at all. Nova barely touches some aspects of ghosts, much less spectres. Heck, you could probably just port over Tosh’s kit with minimal modification.

1 Like

If they plan on adding Gabriel Tosh or any other deceptive/stealth character, I’d prefer that they hold off on them until a patch where stealth is not trash.

2 Likes