"HOTS Was a Failure" Via anonymous Blizzard Employees

What sort of question is that? Of course you have to meet the minimum requirements but a guild, especially one progressing in mythic, isn’t going to expect you to parse that well from the onset. What we do expect from our raiders is improvement and that is gained by experience and learning that they have to dedicate themselves to, which is not something you’ll gain from a pug. We recruit a guy with great parses but he’s not going to parse orange immediately until he learns our kill speed and calls.

1 Like

Maybe in a casual guild that is true. And there are plenty of those casual 1/9-3/9 guilds out there that never go anywhere. The ones I’ve been in expect you to have a pretty damn good record before you even joined.

1 Like

Expecting them to know the calls and the kill speed and the strategy used by the guild is what I mean by they’re not going to parse orange until they learn these specific details.

Of course they expect you to have a good record, ours does as well, but we don’t expect players to be plug and play – especially if they’re coming from a different team. They will have to learn and this is why we have trial periods, you don’t become a regular until you pass that.

1 Like

Still not completely comparable to this game… where much of that stuff can be learned outside. And part of it just comes naturally… its a form of IQ. You either know better not to face check bushes… or you’re the type who does it over and over again.

You might be all for “lets teach the community” and all and that’s great… but I’m not there… not 10k games in I’m not. I’m done with that.

The things you talk about are just basic requirements, which I assume if you are building a team worth its while will have these requirements in place that you will have to undergo as a trial period.

What you seem to be expecting is a fully formed team without any effort. Like it or not even top guilds need the time and effort to look for a functioning team and figuring out who works well with you and what compositions is not something that will happen just like that.

This is where as I stress having repeated interactions makes a big difference, these are things you’ll only develop after many games together.

4 Likes

Thats exactly it. There are plenty of skilled players out there… that don’t need coddling or anything. Sadly many of them have left this game.

If Activision actually did their job in properly growing this game and managing people at different skill sets people wouldn’t have problems finding each other at all.

Well having been with a guild for so long I can say with experience just putting together skilled players won’t necessarily yield a fully working raid group. You can be skilled but it doesn’t mean you guys will work together.

2 Likes

That’s up to the players at that point. Has nothing to do with HOTS. Again a “clan” system doesn’t solve everything. And still the lack of was never the major problem this game had at all.

When one of the bigger problems of the game is the mismatch of player skills and communication in general I respectfully disagree and leave it there.

yeah if you dont enjoy it don’t play… Their are people who actually care about the game and feel that blizzard is wasting a great opportunity. People complain because they care and after years of complaints blizzard doesnt give a damn about this game because it’s not making them enough money like WOW and overwatch. This game has been in a bad state since 2.0 and has gotten only worse.

8 Likes

Thats fine.

Like water falling at its own level, a clan system would encourage people to compartmentalize a bit more… so at the mid/lower ends you would just have low skill players teaching other players how to play exactly like that (much like what happens today without it).

AHEM

This game has been in a bad state since the very first public release.

3 Likes

That’s sad to hear because I really enjoy this game. No other MOBA’s interest me but I’ve played most Blizzard games and love playing as those characters in this game. I’m still going to play it.

If they mean financial failure then I can see where that mindset is coming from. Gaming companies are becoming more and more obsessed with games becoming financial powerhouses like Fortnite has. If it doesn’t reach that mark then it’s a “failure”

Whatever the reason is I’m going to keep playing the game and keep supporting it. Doomsayers are nothing new to online forum communities so they don’t bother me.

8 Likes

Why is this even a surprise? I love the game, but the way devs treat the mid-range players is awful. Due to extremely low-number play base this game has become a joke. My friends who play different games and I try to bring to HOTS, after few games, usually say: I forgot which game I was playing. That is because they are being matched with absolute garbage players, dying 10+ times. And they are hardcore gamers, who know how games work. Matchmaking is probably not the issue, rather than the low player pool.

5 Likes

Blizzard employee :

“Help me, I’m drowning.”

Rational human being :

“Maybe someone should go and help him.”

Blizzard fan squad (half the people in this thread) :

“Why do you always twist what every Blizzard employee says. This is why they don’t talk to us. Blizzard is doing completely FINE, and what he is actually saying is that he is very happy in his current situation. The devs have said countless times that water is breathable for devs, and there is no reason to doubt that. Isn’t that right, Blizzard god?”

Blizzard employee :
“blub, blub, blub.” (bubbles stop appearing.)

“YOU SEE!!! THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOUR INCESSANT CRITICISM OF THEM, NOW THEY WON’T TALK AT ALL.”

21 Likes

I would take anything from this video with a grain of salt. The creator of this video is banned from any and all magic the gathering events and MTGO for harassment (famously having driven a prominent mtg cosplayer out of the community). Its a little worrying that he’s moved from the mtg community to the Blizzard community. Maybe he’s learned a lesson? I’m still not okay with supporting his content though.

3 Likes

HoTS had potential but the decisions/priorities that were chosen were horrible.

That’s what happens when gold/plat casuals make the design/priority decisions.

1 Like

God please shut up. It’s the same elitism bull. Like 1% of players should dictate an entire game when this was literally designed as a CASUAL brawler.

6 Likes

He also recently did that video about the David Brevik clip where he did 0 research(3seconds before the clip started brevik said its all speculation, but that didn`t reach him), claimed that brevik was a cofounder of blizzard(which he wasnt)… I wouldnt take this guy very seriously, at least his “research” doesnt deserve the name.

@topic
around the 3min mark he also claims Overwatch+WoW are failures for not being “top of the hill”/OW and “not growing”/WoW. I mean they are basically machines to print your own money… whining about printing it too slowly is just absurd

I`d say for their standards HotS is a failure, but as soon as he mentions the others you can savely stop listening to that BS.

3 Likes

Well, a lot of people will do anything for views. Dunno much about that content creator to give an accurate opinion of him.