HOTS Support Please, Random crashing, logging out

My wife has recently started having issues with Heroes of the Storm. Her screen will turn black then gives her an error box that says, “A fatal error has occured” and then asks if she wants to re-join. She clicks ‘yes’ and it goes back into the game where she can usually finish (sometimes this happens twice depending on match duration). After we complete the match it always boots her back to the login screen where she has to re-enter her password and the cycle starts all over.

Here are two of the error codes that came up while we were in a match:

#1 Code while playing a match
D5A8B58E-F155-4A7B-9ECC-1BED512A6DB1

#2 Code while playing a match
BBE23C23-FDB8-47C9-A272-09DA35281EED

#3 Code while idling on desktop with just battle.net loaded, Heroes NOT running
615901FE-4692-45AE-AF4B-E427AA1823D5

WHAT WE HAVE TRIED:

We ran some google searches and found some suggestions. This is what we have tried to fix the issue that has not yet resolved the problem:

1. Deleted her cache folder
  2. Uninstalled HOTS, re-installed
  3. Rebooted cable modem and router
  4. Switched to a brand new router (we needed one anyways)
  5. We tried the newest Nvidia drivers (436.48 at the time of this posting)
  6. Uninstalled Nvidia drivers completely and tried an older version of Nvidia drivers 418.81
  7. Changing resolution, and turning the game to medium settings (auto puts it at Ultra)
  8. We have also tried putting -dx9 in the command line to see if it was a direct X issue.

I am not ruling out GPU or hardware failure but it seems unlikely. We have recently spent some marathon sessions on Fortnite and Rainbow Six Siege for 6+ hours without either of us having an issues.

At this point I am beginning to get frustrated. Nothing we have tried thus far has helped reduce the frequency or resolve the problem at all.

I appreciate ANY and ALL suggestions.

Thank you.

Hey Nerfias,

It looks like the crash is an Access Violation error. This can happen for a few different reasons but based on everything you have tried and the error logs, my guess is that there is another program such as security software causing a conflict.

Try closing everything else and testing the game by itself. Also make sure that any security software is updated and add the game as an exception. You may need to try disabling or temporarily uninstalling security software to test the game. You can always reinstall that security software again afterwards once this is resolved.

That is a great idea! I will try that next and report back after we have tested a few rounds. Thank you for the support and for answering so quickly!