Hots starts in wrong Resolution

Hey,

I have got a new ultra wide screen 49" and got the Display Fusion Software.
I added Screen Splits:
No. 1 = 1280x1440 (on the left)
No. 2 = 2560x1440 (middle/main area)
No. 3 = 1280x720 (top right)
No. 4 = 1280x720 (bottom right)

When I start the game the first black window is correctly displayed, but the loading screen is shown, the display resolutions is not 2560x1440 but 3440x1440.
I tried to set the variables in variables.txt file (width=2560, windowx = 2560, heigth = 1440). It does not work.

When I start the game in window mode, it works fine… but I can’t play the game in window mode, because of the missing window borders… I can’t play the game in fullscreen mode, because I want to see other windows/applications.

To get it to work, I have to resize the game to fullscreen 2560x1440 in-game (everything is distorted) , then load the screen position profile of display fusion, then trying to go back to windowed fullscreen (trying because the mouse position is not what it seems… it is offset to the left) and when I get back to the windowed fullscreen everything works fine as intended.

Windowed Fullscreen works fine in Starcraft 2…
Warcraft III works fine in Window Mode. The Border Scrolling works fine.

Do you guys have an idea how to fix it?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
LadyFiur

2 Likes

So what you want to do works perfectly in StarCraft 2 but not in this game? :thinking:

It is weird since both Heroes of the Storm and StarCraft 2 use the same game engine

correct. That’s why I am confused ^^

1 Like

I hope someone who can help you will answer soon :slightly_smiling_face:

If I had experience doing this I would definitely tell you how to make it right

I used a different way for a solution: window mode (which works fine) and applied the confined mouse to on instead of smart… so the mouse is confined to the window border… it is not as I wished because I have ugly borders now… but the window size is correct