HOTS needs a extra layer of complexity

You mean people think about their item selection instead of just “copying” what other people do? NO WAY. That is crazy man, and I am hearing something completely and totally different in this thread.

While you do have a fair point, what if I have 2 mages on my team? They still go tenacity? Or magic resist? Or maybe they would prefer damage with magic pen. Hard choices. Thinking required. How dare they think and strategize…

1 Like

people are right though. if you’re barely a gold level player, you can’t sit here and call the game easy lmfao. if you were a pro player who was clearly dominating the pro circuits, I think most people would give you the leeway to suggest HOTS is just too easy. But at a low skill level, people aren’t gonna take you seriously. At this point, it just seems like the whole “HOTS IS TOO EASY LOLE!” attitude is coming from people who aren’t even good at Mobas but want to feel better because they made gold/gold equivalent in Dota once.

4 Likes

It’s just that the objectives are an overblown way to remove 5-10 minutes of gametime in the pushing phase, in almost every single map.

This simplistic thinking pattern makes no sense. Smart people can have a low rank. Dumb people can have a high rank. I addressed this above.

I have a friend who is super book smart, honor student in school, straight As in college, and they are silver in this game. Mechanically they are terrible. They generally make the correct choices, but cannot stutterstep, chain abilities together, or combo. It is like their hands do not work in a precise manner.

And then theres you, a master player talking absolute nonsense. You also only play QM. The correlation between rank = anything about this games complexity is so weak. The logic is terrible. Give it up. I am not gold either.

1 Like

it makes perfect sense. people who are good at the game tend to be higher ranked, even if it’s just their MMR.

probably because everything you mentioned is unrelated to the game lmfao.

because they aren’t good at the game. i don’t know what’s difficult to understand here.

At no point have I ever said “bro I’m like a super duper master play who eats pros for breakfast, my word is law!”. I also am not saying that LOL or Dota 2 are actually really easy or anything. I’m just saying that if you want to call a game easy, you have to actually be GOOD at it. it’s like saying a class in school is easy and all you do is barely pass all year.

4 Likes

I mostly play UR at 2.7k MMR ( Master ).

Just like you I have not touched storm league yet.

It still does not matter. You are saying you cannot have a subjective opinion if you have a low rank and it still be valid. Rank does not entitle you to having more valid opinions. Just stop. This thinking is about as shallow as a puddle.

1 Like

If any fortnite kid here keep saying you need to be good to critic something.

ever heard of something called food taster? Food writer? Rotten tomatoes?
Do you really think all of the critics come from person who can do better?

even on a company, a staff could give a feedback to a company, even asked for it sometimes. Duh

If you keep stand to your childish logic, then you have to define what “good” is, and this always be subjective, because in the end only the top 1 rank could give feedbacks because even rank 2 is worse than 1.

Which remind me, arent all those pros quit already? One even said the game is sinking

2 Likes

Everyone is so stuck on this items thing. I never said I wanted items, I wanted more depth / complexity for a simple game. It can be a multitude of systems. The possibilities are limitless.

Call it paragon, artifacts, gems, attribute points, delicious tacos for all I care. Just something else to use my brain on so I can min / max my experience. I never said items. I am not opposed to items I guess, but no gold / farming mechanic. Maybe something you choose at lvl 1, then 10, then maybe 20. That would be something.

1 Like

did you not read what I wrote? Cuz I wrote a description of 'what I’m talking about" and it does wonders when people actually read something through its entirety before looking for the key point of where they’re going to argue.

in-game role-based descriptions use “support” for select heroes;
player-based roles divide up 1-5 based on gold resource acquisition and try to use “support” in two different cases but one of which is more a ‘flex’ and has broader types of heroes that have the distinction of getting more gold than a #5 or, more particularly, aren’t expected to spend their gold on team consumables.

Instead of trying to out-expert me on this, read what I wrote cuz ‘if you knew’ then you’d have you answer there.

The number offered is an incomplete comparison that ignores context to try to tl/dr a bad conclusion. So, that’s not a “fact” of what you want to assert.

LoL heroes start with something like what, 500-800 hp and then have baseline resistance to certain damage types.

Hots hero’s range from about 1100-3000 and don’t have baseline resistance across the hero pool.

Its generally poor showing to try to compare 1-off skills between heroes in the same game; its worse to try to do that with heroes in different games esp when forgoing context: a hero isn’t just a single ability and is comprised of the whole of their kit, and potential modifications to that, in accordance with the influence of team compositions to take advantage of those particulars.

So ignoring any of that to go: “see, she deals 300 damage several minutes into the game” doesn’t convey the actual impact at hand, esp given that lol and dota both have drastically longer cc durations than hots.

Context matters to comprise the value of a “fact”

2 Likes

hi Io
hi Omni
hi Earthshaker
remember the TI 5? remember TI 3? who made the epic play?

im not trying to out-expert you, just questioning your highly subjective opinion.

and how is this type of “support play” not exist on the other moba? or is it?

the number is complete, hows that bad conclusion?
really? the hots itself decided to have minor impact of skill damage and effect. how’s that “bigger impact” for you?

the man just showing an analogy of impact of a support, doesn’t mean the comparison is about damage between 2 different game.

feel free to complete “the incomplete number” to give a fair comparison. all i see is you stating the obvious and deny the analogy without giving the your version of damage comparison.

1 Like

Okay then…

LOL. You kinda just owned yourself. That is the exact reason why their supports have more of a impact. GG bro.

1 Like

then you have observational deficits that you should look to remedy.
a functional issue for that can be seen in you choosing to use my ‘older’ quote and then act like my later one didn’t specify the term you wanted to so use.

I went out of the way yo make distinctions, that I shouldn’t need to so do if you were bothering to read this stuff instead of trying to contest half-baked skimmed.

The basis of how I described the ‘support’ was particular to the distribution of gold to select heroes. IF you look at recommended items for CM, then its wards and cheap items to get by. IF you look at omni, its resource increase that requires more farm, earthshaker is generally an initiator that wants mana/movement (like blink) to set up his combo, io’s effects are greatly bolstered by items so the whole distinction you’re trying to paint comes form not reading what I wrote in favor of interjecting confusion of your own making.

Until you decide to actually read through what I wrote, you should try to stop confusing yourself.

as for my "not giving my version?

Cuz i’m not trying to use one-liners to declare a “fact” as a foregone conclusion that demands people be ignorant and ignore context.

So… stop ignoring context.

1 Like

the capacity to have a longer duration doesn’t mean it has a higher impact, it means the particulars of the gameplay allow players to survive that sort of duration compared to the time in HoTS.

In that regard, it could be said they have a lower impact because teams can get these heroes that have 3 - 6 second stuns as regular abilities and not break the game. Plus, ya know, getting items for more disable in addition to that as well.

Hit up some patchnotes on the reduction of cc duration for hots and then try to imagine those meta-stagnating heroes having double to triple that duration.

You’re arguing out of inexperience and a lack of observation sense to celebrate the shininess of glitter without considering if its actually as useful as you’d want to claim.

you even didn’t bother to answer to my questions and request. I saw your post on other thread, all you say is telling people to read your post. while you never reply to them.

sorry are we talk about support role or how you describe it? playing dota is not all about farm and spending gold actually. you’re reading a guide right now eh?

ok so you don’t want to give one, because all you want here is for people to read your wall of text, craving for attention.

then i’ll just ignore you then

1 Like

the capacity to want someone to read something isn’t about “wanting attention” its about making sure people are actually engaging with what is said to have a legit conversation instead of trading lies back and forth and people spend more effort making-up what they think the other person wrote instead of actually being informed.

Posters like yourserlf and cheez literally read 1-2 keywords, ignore the rest, and then try to act like you have an informed arguement of “facts” where someone else has to the correct either your misconceptions, or reliance on googletranslate to act more of an authority than you really are.

The capacity to say I “didn’t answer your question” is both false and only stands if you didn’t read what I wrote. So in that regard, if you read what I wrote, then you wouldn’t need to have asked the question because it was answered before you even asked it.

So, I’ll go out of my way to repeat “what I said” so you can ignore more content, and then pretend your ignorance and misrepresentation are better informed than others because you’re content to lie to yourself.

To note: dota 2 had a game prior to it, so much of the ‘meta’ aspects of the game haven’t drastically changed in over ten years.

“jargon” are words that have a different mean in a particular content than what they may outside that context.

For Dota, “support” can either indicate hero-themes based on in-game labels, or it can apply to the role someone has on a team. The in-game version isn’t a “hard healer” as ‘support’ would mean in HoTS, while “support” for the team roles could actually be used for 3 different positions based on how select heroes are being used – of those 3, “support” still isn’t usually based specifically on a capacity to “heal” but in a couple of other ways based on lane positioning and farm allotment.

What I described above for a “support” are heroes that don’t need farm, generally don’t need levels, so their expenditure of resources is put into buying consumable items and wards. If you read what I wrote, then that description would already inform you I’m describing the #5, or “hard support” at which point, their contributions aren’t based on “healing” as it would be in HoTS, as one of the best examples of the “hard support” is crystal maiden who doesn’t actually heal.

However, since you seem content to not read what i wrote, I’ve been particular to how I phrase what I wrote in case you are trying to reference guides to try to google-pro yourself for this “discussion” as you, and a few other posters, are content to consider select words, or numbers, more important than anything else written.

So rather than be ‘honest’ and read the whole of a post, you see select parts, ignore the rest, and try to fault someone else for your problems. The misrepresentation causes other people to need to try to clarify, but that’s just length you won’t read and then act like someone else is trying to get “attention” instead of legit try to find out where the communication issue is on people with less-than-stellar utilization of the written medium, but still want to elate themselves out of effectual lies.

So, again, if you bothered to read what I wrote in more than one post at this time, and you’re as big-picture understanding as you want to assert, then how I phrased some particulars should have clued in what I “meant”.

Cuz outside of “specific” word application, Dota “roles” would otherwise just break down into “carry” “semi-carry” and “support” and just infer “support” means a non-carry hero which ignores the dynamics role and gold can have on how a hero is played.

Naga could be laned as a “support” or a “carry” and the amount of ways “support” can be used generally doesn’t indicate much, so its usually ‘better’ to use other terms like ‘initiator’, ‘roam’ ‘utility’ instead of just “support, support, support” which is part of why my description was more particular to the “hard support” as its not strictly limited to “healer”, eg crystal maiden, esp given that some of the “healing” for Dota carries offensive components to it, so a number of “support”-labeled heroes also have the “nuker” tag for their damage potential.

The leading function for a dota “support” tends to be the lack of both farm and levels that hero needs to ‘contribute’ to a fight, which, would then bring up your spat with Lestai regarding a “support”

The functional issue is that “supports” tend to be baby-sitters in the early game, but are otherwise fodder once the team carry comes online and are acceptable collateral if they manage to get of their little bit of contribution come endgame where the “5 levels down, 0 items” may be a slighly exaggeration (cuz its implied to mean “no major items”) but otherwise isn’t wrong otherwise said hero would have more ‘farm’ and thus be regulated to a higher position on the “role” jargon and be something other than the “hard support”

and yes, I get that all of this scary “wall of text” is probably going to be “ignored” because some people are bad at reading, want to pretend they’re awesome at it, but then refuse to, ya know, actually read something.

That’s part of why your replies respond to line-item quotes where you write something as you see it instead of reading something through and then making a reply.

Some of your content has literal contradiction because you impulse your response and don’t read enough through the whole to notice the distinction context plays in content.

So my whole 'oh I didn’t post numbers" to cheez is because in the “whole” of what was given, the number comparison doesn’t matter. But evidently you, and others, are not sufficiently experienced as this sort of thing to realize that.

However, you’re also not going to read through posts that explain enough of that for you, so your ignorance is a self-inflicted cycle that you’re trying to blame on other people and the “discussion” breaks down into name-calling spats that just assert everyone else is the problem despite the ‘problem’ literally coming out of willfully induced ignorance.

1 Like

Dude what is with the wall of text? Keep it short and concise. Can I get a TLDR version please?

It just seems like your complaining and defending yourself for no reason man. Nobody is attacking you. We are allowed to disagree. We do not need to see eye to eye on everything.

Thank you being very detailed in your posts I guess, but man I really do not want to read that much negative b/s. Let it go and keep on topic. No need for all the fluff.

1 Like

its not fluff.

Its a response to people who lack information, demand that information, and then ignore it.
I’m not “defending” myself, I’m trying to post clarification on something people are confued by because they don’t read things even when they are short posts.

oh, and i literally just detailed the particular concern, so really, here I am repeating something that literally doesn’t need to be typed against because this is a written medium where people can just go back and read stuff in the first place.

added tip: there isn’t a constraint where people [i] have to respond in a limited amount of time cuz still like life, jobs, games happen, so the obligation to ‘have’ to respond in a select frame of time is only a false-assertion.

Course piecing that out would go against those wonderful double-standards available above for those that actually bother to notice.

3 Likes

Yeah its fluff. I could have summarized what you had to say in two paragraphs. I took the time to read all that, and honestly it did not have much meaningful content.

Even more reason to keep it short eh? You seem irritated for the past two days. I have no idea what is going with you, but I dont really care either. Let it go. Stay on topic.

1 Like

I changed the topic.

O rly. What is the new topic name?

Post more funny videos or get out.

P.S. How many of your alts have been banned now? Your dedication to trolling is admirable. I have never reported you BTW. Keep on keeping on man.