HOTS: Game Initialization failed: U An error occurred starting Heroes of the Storm. Please try again. (Error 2:1)

Hello! I`m receiving error mentioned in topic since ~2 weeks (patch when the 32bit support was dropped).
I faced the problem 1.5 month ago, but using the 32bit client was the workaround, which is now not available.
I tried reinstalling, fixing and running as admin and got no solution.
I have Symantec software installed but cant disable it.
Can someone help me with pointing out whats the problem? Some CLI arguments to have logs which gives any info?

Try the steps in this article and see if they help to resolve your issue.

Game Initialization Failed

If you are still having issues, try a selective startup.

Closing Background Applications

Thanks for answer! Tried to switch off services but still received same error. : //

Try running the Blizzard Battle.net app as Administrator and see if this error still occurs.

Administrator Mode

If you are still receiving this error, could you please post your Dxdiag as well as your MsInfo? You can post them on Pastebin.com or share on OneDrive and post the links here.

Obtaining System Files

Same result with “as admin”
DxDiag https:// pastebin. com/SRTRyD4K
MsInfo https:// justpaste. it/5mzj8
Any ideas?

This is a tricky error as what works for one, doesn’t work for the other.

Try resetting your Internet Explorer settings. You do have some security software installed that may have changed some settings which could cause issues when launching the game.

Open Internet Explorer. Click the cog wheel in the top right, Internet Options, Advanced. Click Reset. Try Heroes again.

If you are still having issues, try disabling or temporarily uninstalling Symantec.

Here is a link to their website with information on how to do so.

Disabling Antivirus of Firewall Protection

A few more things you can try should the above not work:

Configuring Router and Firewall Ports

IP Release, Renew, and Flush DNS

1 Like

Restored internet settings ( indeed I have them changed on regular basis).
Updated Symantec, and received new error(“The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).”)!
But with next try I got same Error 2:1
Cant disable firewall protection(but it should notify that it has blocked something)
Done things with dns/connection.

Is there any way of executing game client with some step-by-step logs for example?

The new error made me go back and look at your DxDiag and see if I missed anything regarding your graphics. I can kick myself for missing your driver version for your Intel 630. Your drivers are out of date for it and it will cause crashes due to that.

Here is the link to the latest driver. Uninstall your current driver and install the new one and see if the error still occurs.

Intel 630 Graphics Driver

Updated(funny that in device manager driver was “up to date”), restarted. Still same error : //
Tried with running on both integrated and nvidia graphic card.

Alrighty, follow this link on how to obtain your game logs and post them please.

Obtaining Game Error Logs

Post your most recent Error.txt as well as Graphics.txt.

Tried to get “fresh ones” but trying to launch HOTS didn`t generated

https:// pastebin .com/V4RHkMxD <- Graphics.txt
But no Error.txt at all : /
In folder there is only
Graphics.txt
CPX-HX8JHTV0WS9 B69185 Crash NGDP.txt
CPX-HX8JHTV0WS9 B69185 Crash Streaming.txt
CPX-HX8JHTV0WS9 B69185 Crash Variables.txt
CPX-HX8JHTV0WS9 B69185 Crash.dmp
CPX-HX8JHTV0WS9 B69185 Crash.txt

Graphics looks just fine. Can you temporarily uninstall Websense and see if Heroes launches? In your DxDiag, Windows Error Reporting is showing this crashing.

I can’t uninstall the Websense, only temporarly disable it(Organisation security policy). Where do you see that it’s a Websense’s fault?
Something in diagnostics part?

It’s not to say it is at fault, but it’s possible that it updated and is blocking Heroes. In your DxDiag, towards the end you will see Windows Error Reporting. It shows muliple crashes all related to QIPCAP64 which is Websense.