HoTS Freezing up whole computer for a second

I have a problem with in-game performance only when playing HoTS, once at least every minute the game freezes for a second, sometimes two seconds, with any incoming sounds becoming distorted, or going silent at all with the game doing a full stop. Today the game froze for such period that the game counted me as disconnected and reconnected me to the game.This text will be hidden This is also only when playing HoTS. No other game has any problems.

3 Likes

Hey, Roope242! The behavior is odd, it sounds like overheating may be a concern, but conflicting applications or drivers could cause occasional situations like this.

Can a screenshot of an HWMonitor and DxDiag be provided? Use (~~~~) between to include the DxDiag, it should look like so:

~~~~
DxDiag 
~~~~

I’ve had the same problem. I had an hour of play with no problem, then I started to get the same errors the OP describes. It is just HOTS no other game.

It may or not be relevent, but since latest patch;
VLC Media player lags the game to hell every few seconds.

Hey, I unfortunately can’t include the screenshots you asked for, since the forum tells me I can’t attach links to my posts. Temperatures are fine, they do not rise anywhere near thermal throttling.

same problem here.

I ditched my WiFi adapter and hard-wired my PC with ethernet cord (all 100 feet of it). I also disabled the Windows 10 Full Screen optimization. I completely deleted Windows OneDrive, scrapped all anti-virus software other than Windows Defender. I also reinstalled all of my hard-drives. This issue was so bad that prior to all of this i completely reinstalled windows 10 and wiped all of my HDs.

Last night i only tested one game, but it went smooth with no lag.

The lag i had been experiencing would always happen at the worst of times. A group of enemies appear on the flank out of nowhere, 1-3 second lag. Big battle over a boss or camp, 1-3 second lag. Basically whenever a lot was going on it would happen. You know… those moments that decide who wins or loses the game? Yeah that’s when it happens.

Will let you know if the above fixed the problem. So far so good. But only one lag free game is a very small sample size. Still, i think the solutions above are a good place to start.

I’m having the same issue. My game performance recently had been as described above, but this has been happening for the last few weeks. Does this have anything to do with that 32bit thing?

same issue, game hard freezing every 10-20 seconds. no consistent variables, too many people are having this issue and the crash issue, this is 100% on blizzards side.

1 Like

I can confirm that updating the windows patch:

“Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809”

Worked for me - this install doesn’t come auto, you need to ‘scan and apply’ manually.