HotS Dev confirms new Hero soon

Over on the HotS Reddit, Kina from the Dev Team has replied to a Post asking for a new Hero Teaser. They initially said that “we will have to wait just a bit longer”, afterwards saying that there will be more than one hero released this year, as well.

Link to the Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/gsxv6c/つ_つ_summon_next_hero_teaser_つ_つ/

8 Likes

In hots dev language “wait a bit longer” = “weeks at the very least”

11 Likes

I’d say at the end of this season would be my guess so about a month.

6 Likes

So we went from 15 heroes being released a year being a norm - to you guys pissing yourself happy because “more than one” hero is promised this year while we’ve seen zero so far.

6 Likes

I know it’s been a long time between releases, but can’t we just be a little bit happy about this news? We are in the middle of a global pandemic, I’m sure that and the fact HOTS has already had resources cut would explain the delay.

I’m just taking it as some positive news. :yum:

22 Likes

I agree. I am happy with the current roster and a couple more a year is icing on the cake.

4 Likes

Why should you be happy?
HOTS content influx is abysmal compared to the competition.

You’re basically get thrown a naked bone and you’re happy, even though you used to be allowed to sit at the table with everyone.

3 Likes

What would you suggest ?
Following the nutjob who wanted to pay the devs a visit because he was put in the leaver queue?

If having a tribune with the real people responsible for cutting the funds out of this game and responsible for releasing Wc3 refunded in that state in a legal manner was a possibility that would have been done the moment HGC got cut.

3 Likes

So what exactly is your point?

Yes, we get less content than we used to. Yes, it sucks.
But what do you want us to do about it? We’re getting less content as a direct result of losing so many resources. As a result of employees being shifted to other projects. And that wasn’t even the dev team’s decision. It was J Allen Brack’s.

Adopting a “stop having fun guys” attitude isn’t doing any good. The content flow is what it is and we can take it or leave it.

11 Likes

for starters, to NOT be happy about it. To keep voicing your displeasure with the state of the game.

Excuse me, but it’s not your (players’) problem that the funds are cut. Being supportive and happy about the bare bones only leads to those executives realizing that they can offer you less and less.

Don’t you see that with HOTS they’re basically constantly trying to see how far they can push it before you actually become frustrated enough to threaten to quit?

Right now, all that your attitude shows is that they can cut the hero release quita by 7 times, and you’ll still be thanking them like a Good Puppy.

1 Like

Awesome! Keep up the good work!

Hopefully a new Overwatch hero as there is a lack of those.

But might be Princess Talanji from WoW

1 Like

Can we just be real for a second and understand what we have now is only going to get worse and nothing we say or do will have any impact on this game. The company already noted this a failed project and are only going to continue putting resources into more profitable titles or expansions.

We get what we get. Either be happy or just don’t play, this is the realty of HOTS.

1 Like

You can be upset about the lack of content without being a little baby about it. I mean, the dev response literally was to a thread asking for a new hero. I’m pretty sure everyone is well aware we still want more content. We just don’t feel the need to go “ded gaem yer dum fur leiking ded gaem” every time someone brings it up.

You can understand why the content is lax and be happy with what he do get - and hope for a better future - , or you can whine until you cry blood. Being dour doesn’t accomplish anything.

3 Likes

Dude, just stop playing already.
If you hate everything about the game so much, why do you bother?

4 Likes

I honestly hope when they said “soon” it actually means soon. Like less than a week.

Well. True. But what if the next hero is not some people’s favorite?

HailFall how are you?

1 Like

More than likely it will be after the season is over, we still have to wait for the balance patch for the tracer and cassia rework patch, after which it will be 3 to 4 weeks after it for the next major patch.

At this rate, that probably means two if you don’t count Tassadar lol, which somehow makes me more depressed, a few rungs above the worst case scenario. I would have hoped that at the very least they could have started each season with a new hero.

Indeed, working during a COVID 19 pandemic is actually pretty risky. During quarantine it is very important to focus on your mental and physical health. Plus it also makes life difficult overall.

Despite all this they are still trying to make us happy. I would actually be happy if we got no new heroes as long as they are staying safe.

Overall I would say this is positive news. A wise man once told me that something is better than nothing.

Because the devs are still trying their best despite the outbreak of COVID 19. They are not a vending machine that just spits out new heroes.

Sadly regardless of who the hero is, you will always have people who will hate them.

4 Likes