HotS Dev confirms new Hero soon

Overwatch heroes are needed.

3 Likes

Warcraft III reforged Heroes are needed,cool Heroes.

Devs work inhouse so the pandemic is least of their worries. Also it’s something we all have to learn to live with nowadays. And it’s not that bad anymore.

The forum is an echo chamber like a sub forum on reddit. It’s extremely hard to change the majority’s mind on the vision of hots and their outlook. There are a few in the minority that come and go, but not enough to change public opinion on stances towards ideas

What the hell is echo camera?

Definition: an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.

The forum is pretty very close to that. There are controversial topics, but the forum is solid on what they like and done like. Controversial topics are ridiculed and ignored so pretty much close to an echo chamber. The only way it’d be a true echo chamber is if topics you didn’t like were able to be deleted

1 Like

Fingers crossed that it’s Broll
Can’t wait regardless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Melke, what do you think of Tracer these days? Hehe.

I find her quite manageable actually,

1 Like

And who wins in 1v1, Zeratuel or Qhira?

Zeratul
Unless you are god tier with her E

What a ridiculous metaphor to use in that situation. I seriously wonder why you’re on the forums, hating on every single thing that there is to hate.

Constantly trying to get people to be displeased with something they’re being happy about as if it was your right and duty to define for everyone how much new content a game has to receive in order for it to be enjoyable.

Really annoying to see your posts all over the place. :wink:

4 Likes

You’re just saying that because no one likes your ideas.
And for good reason. You just want to make the game more like LoL. A common theme in your threads is your refusal to accept the fundamental design of this game. You keep trying to shoehorn things which simply don’t fit. I wonder if you go to the LoL forums and do the same thing.

This. I’m not even going to bother with Aax. He’s been very doom and gloom recently. He’s even defending his no fun allowed attitude here.

5 Likes

Considering there is not a lot of ressources allocated to HotS by blizzard, this is a good news.
HotS is not Dota2, it has been budgetcutted, so any new content is a pleasant surprise.

I hope it is next week uwu.

1 Like

I love the core game.
I hate how Blizzard are handling it.

Can’t I?
More importantly - don’t I have a valid reason to?

It’s not about me defining anything.

It’s about how the game measures up to its direct competition. And it’s not measuring well.

See the thing is, it’s not me who has to define acceptible content frequency. And it’s not Blizzard. It’s their competition who does.

They’re slightly more open-minded (hypercarries are slightly more accepted there) and managed to compromise on some topics. I wanted a quest-like system in LoL where there’s an announcer whenever a quest is completed. Unfortunately, the public didn’t want that but did compromise by saying there’s quests already in the game, they just don’t want to hear an announcer say more stuff in game.

Tbh tho quest completion announcements are more for knowing how far along a hero is without having to click and look on their character to see how far along they are. I like both aspects from each game and there’s aspects that could transfer over to each other’s game.

Looks like another fort niter got a hots account.

Of course, I’d say that’s the reason why most people are here on the forums discussing the game, it’s at least the reason why I am here.

I think that everyone has to define for themselves how much new content they “need” in order to have fun playing a game. I don’t think it is a matter of competition, even if it would be then you could always compare HotS to Dota 2 which had 3 hero releases last year, just 1 in 2018 and only 2 in 2015, 16 and 17.

Personally I wasn’t a huge fan of the old days when they released a hero every 3-4 weeks. Don’t get me wrong - it was really exciting to constantly find clues and hints about who would be added next and constantly speculate about them.

But to be honest I think that the meta changed so frequently that there was no way to really keep up for the balance designers. At times there were literally dozens of heroes that weren’t viable on any of the maps, some releases were so broken that you couldn’t even enjoy qm (to find out about the new meta changes) as it was impossible to win without that hero on your side.

People complained about Deathwing being op, and it is true that he was way too strong on release. But think back about how insanely broken Fenix, Kael’thas, Li Ming or especially Maiev were. Countless other heroes were heavily overtuned, plenty of heroes were released undertuned as well. And I don’t know if these constant meta shifts and changes weren’t too much for quite a few players.

Like if you only had time to play a few games during the week and maybe a few more on the weekend then the game was evolving too fast for you to ever get a grasp at anything. At the same time the game launched very late compared to its competitors and with only a very small roster so it desperately needed new additions - so it was kind of justified.

To get back to the point though, I don’t think that it is necessary to have really frequent hero releases to enjoy the game. Frequent balance patches are much more important from my point of view and make the game feel fresh enough to those who truly enjoy it (and those still come every 3-4 weeks, which is still really damn frequent).
That is just my opinion though and I can understand why others think differently. But again, I think it’s really annoying when you’re trying to tell others that they’re not allowed to enjoy certain announcements/ additions/ whatever.

As long as they add new content the game has a future. We will never be as big as LoL or Dota, but why would we care about that? And of course the growth of the game will be much more slower analogical to the slower content release. But at least on EU there’s definitely no noticable downtrend in terms of the size of the playerbase ever since a huge chunk of players left between the end of 2018 and early 2019. I can find Master/ high Diamond SL games within a minute or two usually and QMs/ Brawls within a few seconds.

3 Likes

The problem is that currently, HOTS is slowly dying.
That’s a fact.
We have less new players each month than we have players leaving.

And it’s dying not because it’s a bad game inherently. Not because it’s flawed (which god knows, it can use some improvement in areas like reconnecting). Not because of toxic community. And not even because of overwhelmingly better competition.

HOTS is dying because Blizzard wants it to die, so that they can safely shut it down without causing much ruckus.
I don’t know if anyone can bring themselves to argue that Blizzard are acting in this game’s best interests and are working towards improvement.

And that pisses me off.
And as a result it pisses me off when players are jumping happily like puppies as soon as they receive a PROMISE to get some crumbs and grains of content.