Heros of the Storm Lagging issue

Hello, my game seems to lag every 4-8 seconds. This doesn’t happen in Try mode, but only when I play with other players. The behavior shows game to pause a quick moment every 4-8 seconds, whether I use high quality or low quality settings. I deleted McCafee Security thing and even turn of the shadow, update my internet and graphic drivers, but still no progress. I just bought this computer yesterday and it has pretty decent specs below:

Core i7-1065G7 QC, UMA, 16GB, 14" FHD IPS, Touch, 512 GB SSD, MISC NO ODD Win 2017, 802.11ax 2x2 BT, HD Wide FOV Webcam, Dual array digital mics, FPR, Backlit, B&O Play, ACADPT 45 Watt Smart nPFC RA, BATT 3C 41 WHr Long Life, Step Chassis/ID, Win10 Home (Plus), 1 Year Warranty, 0, DIB GDE HP INC WARR 1/1/0 US ENG|, ID WGD ALU wHDC FPR FHD TS US layout, SWOP Code=A147

Appreciate your guidance in advance, could you tell me what I can do to fix this or if there’s any additional troubleshooting steps I can follow to check and provide more info to you?

Hey there,

If the issue isn’t happening in Try mode (offline), that would indicate it’s probably being caused by an unstable network connection.

Are you using a wireless connection to the router? If so, can you try plugging the PC into the router directly with an ethernet cable and see if the problem goes away?

I’d suggest running a WinMTR test as well so we can check for any packet loss.

1. Download WinMTR
  2. Right-click on the downloaded .zip folder and select “Extract All”, to extract the files to a new folder.
  3. Open the new WinMTR-v092 folder that was created, then open the WinMTR_x64 folder.
  4. Right-click on the WinMTR application and select “Run as administrator”.
  5. Type the server IP 24.105.62.129 in the “Host” field. Click “Start” to begin the test.
  6. Launch the game and join a match. Allow the test to run for the full duration of the match, then click on “Stop” when you’re done playing.
  7. Click on “Copy Text to Clipboard”, paste the results here, then highlight everything and hit the </> button in the posting section so it will allow links.

Has anything ever come out of this? This sounds like my problem. I bet it wasn’t your connection was it? Did you fix the problem? Thank you