Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes - November 30, 2021

It wasn’t so much that he was particularly good at it, just that he was the one most likely to attempt a well snipe, especially on Braxis.

Damn Ninjas are afraid of direct combat! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I literally had a dream about a patch coming out today. Was glad and pleasantly surprised it’s not Clown skins for everyone. That was scary.

Edit: The Probius changes need more attention why is no one talking about it more? Warp exploding upon expiration is a huge change. Thank you for the buffs to our favourite Bee Boop Dev! Now excuse me while I wail in sorrow for Brightwing

Edit: I’m seeing a trend and I’m not complaining :slight_smile:

4 Likes

can we fix the towers going after hearos when there are minions to kill? seems i get killed my a tower when there are lots of other things to kill other then me!!!

Game will be like ARAM now its just now they put the change to normal games.

1 Like

Yeah, he was good at doing that before with 5.5 range and without those towers around mid gate on 2 lane maps. You could just D over the gate and kill the well. But with 4.5 range and the tower, it’s hard. You could do that, but there’s a very sweet spot you need to stand on, and if you take too long you just take too many hits. That’s why most 5.5 ranged assassins were better already on doing that.

Anyway, I think this change is TERRIBLE for the game. There’s A LOT of macro strategies envolving killing the well first with objectives or camps (like on shrines where you can grab enemy mid impalers, give them vision of the well and they will snipe that). Seems like devs really like to make hots simpler and simpler. Maybe one day we will have aram only? No more macro needed.

1 Like

Cool!

Looking forward to these reworks.

they basically killed the hero and made him a weaker gazlowe. just with the fact that the rifts disappear in 3 secs. i don’t know what ur happy about.

4 Likes

I always liked probius and i have always had a respectable wr… the fact that the rifts disappear in 3 seconds basically kills the hero, the only thing to do was buffing the z and it was okay and yet, the change of the hero makes it a completely different playstyle and makes impossible for him to set up anything, it just becomes a useless li ming or a weaker gazlowe. i ve always gone towers build to counter invisible foes, and everyone else pretty much went rift build, they boosted rift build. i cannot believe it… really this 3 seconds instead that the 9 kills my fav hero, i am very sad. sorry guys for the long post, i think is going to be the last.

1 Like

I’m a little sad about rifts being only 3 seconds now but its not all bad. Your gonna be able to drop a rift on towers during lane and run away which could be oppresive.

3 Likes

This isn’t a bug, it was a deliberate change they made last year. Forts will attack you if you hit an enemy hero while in one’s sight.

8 Likes

Did anyone else nearly have a moment of over-hype caused by that banner?

I almost let myself get hopeful of new skins. That Kerrigan look with the skin and armor reminded me of the Warcraft crossover skins (like Warsong Johanna). Also there’s no skins in the game that look like Raynor or Li Ming in the banner.

I’m guessing it’s just artistic liberty. Kinda like how there are quite a few sprays and portraits for hero/skin combos that aren’t in the game. Do you guys think that art is new, or something they had sitting around (like maybe that Kerrigan skin was on the table a while back, but never got used)?

Anyway, still happy for what we are getting. Gives me hope that we’ll still be around for a while longer.

1 Like

I think we will get skins. Skins are rarely available on the PTR.

1 Like

Skins

9 Likes

Ah, sweet!

Maybe I should look at Reddit occasionally.

I didn’t play the Starcraft games and didn’t know that was the original look for Kerrigan.

1 Like

Maybe encouraging more dedicated solo laning (no mount, x5 health of structures) will lead to an advanced game where people actually have to learn 1 v 1 strategies such as denying xp (get rid of xp globes), getting kills, and outplaying matchups where no one is coming to help you. Getting rid of abathur and tlv would be a good start but then you’d get a slippery slope where azmo and zagara would be the next big offenders for mindless macro. Sylvanis would be after that

That specific talent was very much underpicked on that tier and on top of that the Q build as a whole has been struggling ever since Icefury wand’s buffs took hold.

1 Like

It removes an obnoxious cheese from the game you mean
I’m quite satisfied with this change.

4 Likes

I’m not a fan of the healing well change. While I think cheesy well sniping is aggravating and happy to see that go, I liked the decision upon destruction of the wall/towers on whether to go for the fort/keep or the well. If you recognized you only had a little time before an enemy rotation, you may want to take out just the well.

IMO I’d like this change much better if instead it removed invulnerability upon eliminating both towers.

2 Likes

NOOOO, warp rifts at 3 seconds, why?!?! That’s a huge nerf. That doesn’t even help newer players.

1 Like

OMG, looks amazing. (: more skins please and new heroes :c

1 Like