Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes - November 30, 2021

I know, I was just having a friendly poke at Tooton, I really shouldn’t attempt humor. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This is a kind of rework I wanted for Tassadar.

FeelsBadMan

7 Likes

Hypershift will still be the only good lvl 1 talent no matter how much they nerf it
It would just be better if they keept the % healing but removed the cdr insteed.

Its the cdr from killing minions that make it strong not the healing.

4 Likes

OK, I am very happy that there is a patch landing – simply because it shows attention!

Not gonna lie, I am a bit chagrined that Rehgar is being re-worked now. The same thing happened with pre-rework Tassadar. Just as I am getting really comfortable with a hero and starting to smash face, they do a rework. Argh! Anyway, the rework itself sounds fine. :slight_smile:

Not happy about the healing well change though. This removes a strategic consideration from the game, and I do not think that is healthy. The justification is terrible, too: “works well in ARAM”. My dear devs, please for the love of God do not look to ARAM for inspiration of any sort! It’s an absurd mode that does not in any way map to the rest of the game. :confused:

6 Likes

Yeah I was thinking, jokes on them I’m still picking Hypershift! Her bribe is ok, I do take it if my comp has no one who can take camps easy. The other level one they could delete it and I wouldn’t miss it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Omg. I had to stop reading at the Rehgar patch. They literally brought PURGE on here. That is one of the coolest things Blizz can do in this patch already. If you play WC 3, Purge is used to slow and lock down fleeing enemies, or simply lock down heroes. I usually cry about it when Orc players use it on me. So cool!

I guess it’s time to geek out on Rager :d

4 Likes

Structures needed a x5 health buff (pre this patch)

Yay a mini rework for Probius!!
Warp Rifts explode after expiration
Echo Pulse Damage increased to 100% (I already loved the talent, this is now a must pick on level 1)
Photon Cannon don’t need particularly a Pylon any longer
Detonating a Warp Rift before it is armed deals damage? As a talent on Level 7?
Pylons are invulnerable during Overcharge

Now I can go to bed as a happy Panda!

4 Likes

Doesn’t have much to do with strategic consideration. It’s more about the horrible positioning of the wells and the low amount of shielding they have (including the timer before the regen kicks in). Requiring two, or three players to commit in order to gain such a huge early game advantage is fine, but having it fall to a random autoattacker in less than 10 seconds is not.

I don’t like full invulnerability, but when you think about it, the small front towers should be invulnerable as well for 10 seconds after the minion waves clash, because any slightly coordinated team can can steal a small tower or two before the randoms even react and start moving from mid. It’s simply not fun, and you aren’t alerted to take precaution because knowing you’re up against a premade would be TOO SCARY.

One less thing to worry about and rage over each game 30 seconds into the match.

3 Likes

The changes to the fountains is simplifying the game even more.
I’m absolutely against this change

6 Likes

this spray in this new patch is so cursed

protoss 5 fingers bruh

6 Likes

Nerf rehgar.

Also invulnerable wells in ranked -? Hell no. You can’t simply take an aram feature - where wells are vital as fights are constant and could be sniped by double chromie in 20 sec or simply by suiciding - and implement it to ranked and removing a working and quite impactful strategy (especially on braxis). A simple shield increase would suffice.

2 Likes

WOW that’s pretty cool :sweat_smile:

What in the heck is this? Someone’s bad memory fan art got in…

1 Like

This is how dead SC franchise looks like

1 Like

This is one of those “wait and see” changes for me. I never had too much trouble with people sniping my wells on a regular basis, as it usually seemed to be certain heroes that would pull that stunt (Genji), so I kind of knew to keep an eye out for that. However, if I was in a position to push an offlane, I would prioritize the well if it didn’t look like we had time for a fort. Definitely on a map like Braxis where removing the sustain from the top lane could have a drastic impact on the objective.

I could see the value in this change in that is can reduce some of the snowball effect, especially on Braxis which already feels very snowbally.

Like I said, I am going to wait and see on this one.

7 Likes

can anyone get in yet, keeps telling me it’s maintenance

great, another patch with no butcher buffs

1 Like

No Genji nerfs as always, bad patch.

4 Likes

Tbh, Genji was already bad at taking down wells since the 4.5 range nerf. Most heroes who could snipe wells are the normal ranged assassins, except on shrines bot lane (I think most heroes that are not very melee can) and dragonshire top lane (anyone can kill this one)