Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes - April 16, 2024

I see that there’s a new PTR patch with balance updates. I’m not gonna lie when I say I’m kinda shocked there were no adjustments to Samuro or Valla.

Samuro can kinda just run around the map like a global hero, can always escape with windwalk and the cooldowns on his clones is just way too short. His winrate is also the highest in the game in in Plat/Diamond/Master. I’m tired of all these un-interactable heroes like Samuro and Murky where just have to let them do whatever they want. Please add some counterplay to them Blizzard.

Valla isn’t nearly as much of a problem, but a small damage nerf would be nice given her range.

2 Likes

HotS is not dead, great news. Thanks for caring about us. Arthas buff is welcome, Rehgar nerf too even if I am a big winner with him. Yrel may be OP in some hands now. Great work on this patch, thank you again.

1 Like

Seriously… Instead of adding new trashy ways of bothering us with Five Same Heroes with whitemane or leoric could you just allow us to Toggle ON and OFF this mode, or just put it separately from ARAM, most of the time it’s an instant ALT + F4

When will you fix the incorrect display of Sgt. Hammer icons? swapped for lvl 1 - Ambush and area attack.

And in general, it’s time to remove the display of enemy names in the League. You can see your teammates, but not your opponent at the draft stage! This will help with stream sniping and bans from the enemy when you played the last game with someone.

They continue to deliver at a regular pace, that’s nice ! And always a bit more ! As usual, thanks for keeping this game alive, it means a lot to some of us :slight_smile:

(P.S: Hi everyone, it’s been a while ! I’m back from and unexpected break… Hope everyone’s fine, see you around)

3 Likes

While we have to thank the people for updating the game, however, we have to point out the bugs and misleading information.

I have posted here detailed information about Arthas and his 50% damage reduction of his Frozen Tempest ability. The current patch notes don’t match both the Live and PTR details of the hero.

We all here. And nice to see you back again.

1 Like

Patchnotes give lvl 0 values, not lvl 1. So the numbers are going to be 4% higher when you play Trymode.

1 Like

Your hero level is always 1 not level 0. It’s impossible to have a level 0 Hero even in Warcraft 3 World Editor. I doubt Heroes of The Storm’s Editor works differently according to hero level. Feel free to give info about the Editor.

Also, if you’re right then how the tooltips on Frozen Tempest are always incorrect about ability description and combat text.

Heroes of the storm has .xml files that show the values the game uses for formulas for hero stats, damage calculations, etc etc. The game is coded to treat “level 0” for the base stats that then scale by 4%.

Even if you’re not looking at txt files or spread sheets, one could look at the patchnotes for base stats and then apply the corresponding exponent as the wanted level to see if it matches in-game stats.

Arthas’ damage tooltip is “always wrong” because of units of time. The tooltip is written as “Damage per second” but it deals damage twice in that interval.

4 Likes

It’s cheaper to code and calculate

base * coefficient ^ level

as opposed to

base * coefficient ^ (level - 1)

or an even more expensive “favorite”

base / coefficient * coefficient ^ level

and I’m sure algebra people can further complicate it.

Or the other way around, if the hero internally starts at 0. Which would be awkward as so many things are explained and configured with levels, such as talent tiers so the UI would be full of (level + 1) expressions (you know, heroic tier is 9, etc).

Of course I don’t know, just saying why it makes sense. Internally.

5 Likes

me when array index is 0 not 1

Increase Arthas HP a bit more. It should be at least the same as Stiches.

Anyone with a clue about the launch date?

There’s 3 clues so work off of:

1. since it didn’t happen on the previous tuesday, it will be the next tuesday.

2. The previous patch had a ptr from jan 17 to Feb 6. An April 16 ptr could indicate a may 7 update…

3. Sometimes the game patches on a non-tueday, but M. Bison/Raúl Juliá ruined that for everyone else.

1 Like

Just so it’s up somewhere people will see it, there’s been an update to the PTR that addressed a few issue with the changes, most notably the Yrel Aegis of Light buff was reduced to 40 armor for 5 seconds, instead of 50 armor for 6 seconds.

6 Likes

No nerfbat between the eyes for Samuro? Darn.

2 Likes

Mage Armor winks at it.
I’d still try it as a main tank.

OMG Arthas buffs, my beloved

1 Like

Where the heck is the update? It’s been a whole month

4 Likes