Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes - July 12, 2022

Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes - July 12, 2022

Heroes of the Storm has just been updated with the patch! Read on for details.

View Full Article

2 Likes

Welp i guess we’re all wrong. Not even another balance change. Probably for the best if this is the last patch we’ll get.

17 Likes

bro i think u are correct

bro im very sad to think that can be the last patch we will have

Imagine expecting at least some final balance changes and still getting completely disappointed. What an absolute joke this is

16 Likes

looks like this is the end boys!!! maybe had you not banned/silenced/drove away all the competitive players, you would have gotten more money from the community and kept the game thriving.

1 Like

That Butcher buff will break the game for sure.

7 Likes

The Spectral Butcher skin to signify that HoTS is now just a ghost forever roaming the battlefield, never to find life again.

8(

3 Likes

I called it.

And everyone said “They’re just waiting till new season starts, bro, it’ll be here.”

This is the official nail in the coffin to a game I once loved. Rest in peace.

3 Likes

Call this a patch is dishonest. If Blizzard was trying to handle this with care, they could of approached this much differently then a “break up text” and ghost.

1 Like

How much you wanna bet they won’t even bother to change lootboxes to summer.

1 Like

Wish someone could explain to me why it is more profitable to kill a game like Hots that has microtransactions and potentially profittability but they actively update and provide new seasonal content for Diablo 3, a game with 0 profitability after the initial purchase, not even cosmetic.

2 Likes

You said “Each new Season will now have 4 New Seasonal Quests for new Ranked Season.” Does this mean we’ll have summer loot chests with this new “patch”? How about Halloween loot chests in the fall, Christmas loot chests in the winter, and Lunar New Year loot chests in the spring? Surely you can manage to rotate those throughout the year?

2 Likes

Because keeping people interested in Diablo 3 will make it more likely they will buy Diablo 4. Also, Diablo is a HUGE part of Blizzard’s legacy and the fallout from abandoning that franchise would probably be catastrophic for them.

6 Likes

Damn couldn’t unlock the sleepy cloud mount for us? BOOOOOOO!

6 Likes

Diablo has always been more popular then Hots. Thats why. But D3 without new seasons is as dead as Hots is.

People even bot in that game. The first week of a season ladder is filled with botters that has played non-stop for 7 days without breaks. You can see that by checking thier accounts. Good thing tho is botters like them gets banned casue Blizzard updated thier anti cheat detecter some years ago and the main bot program that people use these days dont get updated anymore cause it does not get supported anymore by its creator.

Sure D3 gets more updates to the game then Hots now but that is to keep seasons more fun. When people have done what they want each season they log off again and dont come back again before next season starts. The remaining players left will be botters and people who already has the gear to push G150.

Half the players actually quits the game when season gets boring so I would not say D3 is any better then Hots is now even with more updates.

1 Like

While I didn’t expect to see any balance changes in this patch (the new Butcher skin exceed my expectations!) it is possible they might change the map rotation for ranked in the future. I could be wrong, but I don’t think doing small changes like that would be costly in terms of time and manpower.

While I agree the report system is quite flawed, even if it didn’t exist the 2.0. system was a disaster in terms of monetization. Giving everything away (including gems every 25 account level) made it so few people ever needed to put down a cent, report system or no report system.

7 Likes

:< I figure it was now or never. Really has me down. Sad times, sad times indeed.

1 Like

(It’s actually not new, just skins they didn’t bother releasing until now, Minky.)

1 Like

This is true Fern. My expectations for Hots have been sufficiently lowered that I didn’t even expect them to add anything other than the promised “highly rare epic mount.”

I know they also have other art assets that they could release, but they just languish in some Nexus void.

*I hope the day finds you well!

2 Likes