Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes - July 12, 2022

Most likely a reskin of the starting beast mount if we’re being completely pessimistic
which I am

2 Likes

People working on D4 probably already worked on D3 before and can make changes to generate at least a small amount of hype got D4. There’s still a dedicated workforce.

With all the major HotS developers leaving Blizzard lately I doubt there’s someone willing or even able to make significant enough changes to HotS anymore.

Back on topic, can those even call themselves patch notes? That’s hotfix material at best. I was expecting disappointment but DAMN.

7 Likes

I only just noticed that this Butcher skin is “available for a limited time.” After the announcement of full maintenance mode why would any item still have time limits imposed?

5 Likes

zero bugs or balance changes, sadge

2 Likes

It’s easy to hate on Blizzard, especially when they took the game offline for several hours and didn’t actually patch anything, however this game is 7 years old and it’s fair for it to just sail at this point. It’ll live until the players leave. Which if you do want to leave, keep an eye on the Paragon remake, Predecessor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ye just a new mount and a new skin.

And they wouldn’t even bring back the PvE maps. (Arena, Brawls, etc)

They wont add those becasue it cost money to maintain them as they said when they removed them.

3 Likes

But they have a lot of money anyway. This is what I call lazy cheapskates.

1 Like

Can’t they at least open up all the past skins and mount for in-game purchase??

My favorite part of these patch notes is the ‘Quick navigation’ panel, to help you find what you’re looking for quicker.

6 Likes

Sounds nice the patch atleast got fixed. Was starting to get annoying to see the patch pop up everytime I started the game up.

1 Like

ah yes a butcher “change” the patch i’ve been waiting all my life

3 Likes

They didn’t even fix the update bug.

1 Like

WTB fix for the patching bug that keeps popping up every time I log out of the game. o.O Why is that still even a thing!?

I tried to play LOL one more time today (they advertise the game everywhere)… What a boring game! Hard to believe that an excellent game like Heroes of the Storm is abandoned.

7 Likes

Valla needs heavy nerfs

Costs vs benefits.

1. some of the reactions to the announcement see this as ‘killing the game’ rather than reaffirming a lack of new content that’s been the status quo for a few years. The announcement didn’t say the shop will close, only that new things will not be for sale in the shop. This is another cost-cutting venture for HotS.
  2. Diablo 3 has been in its ‘maintenance mode’ since 2016; it’s had more time to settle into its long-term support cadence, but also found renewed interest via console market.
  3. Diablo 3 has a person that does this stuff, and knows how to make the adjustments, and can work with existing assets for these changes. HotS team has been getting smaller as either needed leadership and experience is moved to other projects, or people leave the company. As is it, there is a lack of people to maintain the work for how the game functions. D3 certain had its fill of fluff seasons to pass time, and the latest patch for HotS is establishing some long-term patterns for adjustments to the game.

D3 might need $60 or something upfront, but that’s money that has been put into the game, and probably still continues to see some, while HotS might see less than that per person. Maybe some ‘whales’ spend more, but HoTS is the second-least money I’ve spent on a blizzard game (D:I taking the new low for me) and the IP doesn’t command much by way of brand merchandise either. Diablo, even if not strictly 3, has more merchandise, books, and other things to keep an image for the games, especially in anticipate for future releases.

However, since HotS isn’t really ‘story driven’ to have a chapter conclusion (like starcraft) it is also possible to pick the game back up when blizz can either put devs back on it, or they figure out a better way to balance content with currency for keeping the game-consumption churning.

4 Likes

Es hora de empezar con los torneos regionales.

I really hope that Microsoft will give some love to this game… They could, after all, bring a lot of their own franchises into the game.
But meanwhile, since the game is officially dead, why can’t we get all of the legacy items into the shop?
There’s this tiger portrait, which must be ancient, and thus I never had the chance to get it, but I really wanted to.
The “space horse” was pretty cool too. And I’m pretty sure that there are a bunch of players who are missing stuff that I have, but they’ve missed.

3 Likes