Heroes of the Storm Live Patch Notes - October 14, 2024

Heroes of the Storm Live Patch Notes - October 14, 2024

Our next Heroes of the Storm patch is live! Read on for more information.

View Full Article

10 Likes

Thank you for continuing your work of fixing bugs and balance tuning the game. Your efforts are highly appreciated by us who still play.

9 Likes

sigh
congratulations petulant brats we don’t get to have ASAM whitemane anymore

4 Likes

from 5% to 2% and now down to 0.5%

accept already that players do not like it and removing 20 additional heroes from the mirrored game does not make it any more fun for those that won’t abandon the match immediately

3 Likes

clearly all the maphack concerns are now addressed by all these fixes to address abilities targeting through fog of war, or being visibile through f.o.w.

obviously reddit will be flooded by requests to bring asam up to 1%.

Most idiotic thing ever to come into the game if you ask me and it is almost like they’re trying to port this game to other platforms that don’t use precision controls such as a desktop mouse.

Wouldn’t mind this in anywhere else but it caters to low APM players and it feels wrong. There should be no place for this kind of handholding in a competitive game of this caliber.

people dislike losing, so let’s remove winning.

accept that some people dislike living so let’s rationalize the infliction of death on everyone.

Better compromises include:
a) only have 1 of three options the same, so people can “opt-in” to memeing though the opponant may not do the same, so moot option.

b) tuning the chance to the odds of everyone getting the same hero, so it’s coincidence (random) and not “forced”

c) add a custom map option where Host’s hero choice is apllied to all 10 slots. Then players can at least lobby with interested parties and not “split” the playerbase queue.

1 Like

For dumb people; you can now abandon match more often and because mirror occur less frequently you won’t have to worry or deal with leaver penalties.

They should just removed it all for good if they have to reduce it that much. And on top removing like 20 heroes from the pool. Should not surprice me if they completly removes it in about 2-3 patches from now when the crying minoriy have cried hard enough to make the skeleton crew abandon ship for good.

The crying minority have destroyed so much in this game its stupid.

3 Likes

Same, but for Artanis. :frowning:

2 Likes

Just remove all the heroes from ARAM and have the minions duke it out. The mode can then be used as a screensaver with the camera slowly meandering its way around the map.

1 Like

Thank you for the dedicated work, whatever intern is still doing balance updates. Some people may be unreasonably salty, but deep down we all truly appreciate it.

Have a merry Canadian Thanksgiving, everyone :smiley:

3 Likes

…this is one of the worst takes of anything that I’ve ever read of all time… ever. People don’t like a certain game mode is not analogous to not wanting to live or die. What the hell. Almost everyone hates this stupid mode, and these patch notes indicate the devs know it, yet we are forced to play it.

1 Like

Maaaaan! they took a few of the fun heroes out of the all one hero case! Why even still have a chance of it happening at all now? I guess yay hammer is back? Should bring back Vikings for that mode! it would be hella funny with all those units running around! I will accept nothing more from cutting out Alarak and Zera as well :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

No just the minority that has been complaining about this for months until they now get thier wish. So sad this game’s uniquenes have to go down in the drain just becasue of a few cry babies.

4 Likes

Chen buffs do nothing for his build diversity and his intended or established group role, but make him drastically more oppressive in the wild west of quick match. Even those 0.5 seconds on Stagger go a long way in favorably trading against or stomping some of the most popular characters. He straight up wins with brute force.

1 Like

then read more than 10 minutes. The value of a comparative only matters if someone has something of value to compare it toward. That’s part of why adolescent children say ‘every’ birthday is the “best birthday ever,” they don’t know any better, and they don’t many parties to compare. The ability for someone to post absolutes in their hyperbole indicates a lack on their end, not a confirmation of the accuracy of their opinion.

Demonstrably untrue, but ya know, you’d need to have more experienced to notice that.

If the devs ‘knew it’ then they probably would have disabled the mode as quickly as they have with patches like release zarya, QM role matching, or the weather anomaly. There’s a ‘balance’ of trying to maintain an option that some people ‘like’ despite the bad actions of a select number of players who think the game is only played by 150 people.

It’s not uncommon for my own games to have someone surprised the match was better/faster/more fun than they ‘expected’ because my mirrors aren’t a bunch of volley fire missing their shots for 40 minutes. The games end similar to other aram, they have dramatic swings on whose winning, and they’re not populated by people fighting to see who can leave first.

However, players that like the mode aren’t going to be throwing their normal games as protest to try to protect the option, so a select bad actors are ruining the game for everyone else, and then acting like they’re the better for it.

I’d generally say that, from my experience, the sort of players that throw their asam games also ruin other matches as well, so it’s poor reasoning that convinces themselves to do at such, ergo my ‘worst’ thing you’ve read. Maybe if you read a bit more you can then connect the concern of demonstrating faulty logic by people too illiterate to be compelled by a ‘logical’ argument.

1 Like

the mode is getting so exclusive, it may as well only be the heroes that ‘break’ aram as a way to really set the match apart from standard play. Double cho’gal with abathur? That’d be a better jam than all hammer.

4 Likes

thrall lv13 spellshield text not updated ingame. the spell shield is only 70 spArmor on the first hit, and goes back to 50 after being activated.

1 Like

Clearly the last remaining dev here has already had a lobotomy because buffing both Chen and Thrall is truly the dumbest, most braindead decision they’ve made in a long time.

Today’s patch was a mistake they should be ashamed of.