Heroes of the Storm keeps crashing

I can’t figure out the issue. I have uninstalled and re-installed the game. I get random crashes either in-game or after the game ends. When I reconnect it logs me out after winning/losing the game. Most crashes are to desktop, but sometimes it freezes my whole computer to a corrupted blue screen.

1 Like

Howdy JCplusULTRA,

I looked over the crash logs and it seems like something may be blocking the graphics. The error is C0000005 so you can try the steps listed there which may help. If not, let’s get a DxDiag to take a closer look:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “preformatted text” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.
It should look like this.

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link then highlight the link and press the ˂/˃ button.

https://pastebin.com/QxpLgjUD

Howdy JCplusULTRA,

I didn’t see any obvious problems in the DxDiag so this may be due to something else running on the computer. The most common cause is security software like antivirus, so you may want to manually add the Blizzard app and HotS as exclusions.

I think there is something wrong with HotS and Discord as I’ve been playing solo with no crashes. However, previously it would crash with or without Discord running.

edit: Nevermind, just had another crash playing solo with nothing on in the background.

C0000005 is typically an Access Violation error. Indicating the game is unable to access or is blocked from accessing a need resource. Out of date drivers/OS, Corrupt client data or software conflicts being the most common reasons.

Your OS and drivers look good. Nothing in the error logs that might explain this and no reported hardware issues in the dxdiag. You reinstalled the game to no effect so not likely corrupt client data.

That leaves software conflicts/permission issues as the likely cause:

Try running your system in selective startup mode: https://battle.net/support/article/200483

Create a new administrator account: Blizzard Support - Creating a New Administrator Account

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

If you still encounter this same crash type after doing the above, we recommend submitting a ticket for more in depth assistance than what can be provided here on the forums. Click your name at the top right of this page, click support, then click contact support. Make sure to include the msinfo and a fresh copy of your dxdiag that it asks for in the form.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.