Heroes of the Storm Balance Patch Notes - March 29, 2022

What you’re describing is pre buff Ult. It was teribble and had a next to no usuage. They even buffed it the next patch.
Now IMO it still wasn’t until people realised the power of the level 20 that the ult become powerful.
While I understand what you are getting at I don’t think she needs nerfs but some other tanks need buffs.

4 Likes

People are still afraid like they was during post Falstad, post Zagara or post Valla meta.

This.

2 Likes

Except valla is still the best marksman. She’s just overshadowed (last patch) by Rehgar, johanna, stukov, and bw in the overall hero pick

But also one of the squishiest ones and dive heroes like Zeratul can destroy her. Cassia or Raynor are tanks compared to Valla.

2 Likes

She also burns like paper the moment you look at her funny. So she’s not uncounterable

3 Likes

Good patch. Sensible changes. Hammers mines might prove OP but they are a lvl 20. It did feel a bit like a return to the old days when it was win before level 20 or else hammer will beat you,

Alex’s kit will always be bad unless they majorly buff her stats to the point of being broken. Giving up health to heal someone else is really garbage for an ability. A delayed aoe heal is also bad and heavily counterable.

Yet somehow it works, same as Kharazims might make up for the lack of healing with mobility and frequent cleansing, or Uther through heavy burst reduction. Flaws are the core of character design, otherwise it wouldn’t be so fun once you levelled up and unlocked another tool to help you deal with an impediment.

Seems to me Rehgar was left too big. His totem still does too many things for a stick in the ground.

2 Likes

best in practice: Raynor has good survivability, great PvE, and good PvP with good range. Hard to go wrong.

best in theory: Hanzo played perfectly is one of the best characters, too bad he’s insanely difficult to play correctly

I can agree that Hanzo is very underrating. I love AA-build and he is my number one choice on BoE with Scattered Shot upgrade on 4. You melt immotals like no other (even better than Valla for me) and your AA’s hit hard.

1 Like

Raynor got gutted after the recent rework again

Are you telling me you LIKED ranged minion+???

1 Like

I think he is talking about his more recent changes, even though he still has a 50.68% win rate and 15.33% pick rate.

The loss of level 20 execute gutted him. Sure a 2 second unstoppable is nice but losing all that damage as a marksman is really bad

Lower death timer and a free Hyperion is a troll talent in a real ranked game or non-aram game

1 Like

Can’t focus totem with AoE abilities or AAs with entire team huh?

Sorry, but Reghar was decent to fight versus before last nerfs. But he still got nerfed. And you still ask for nerfs?

Don’t you think it’s time to do something about yourself now? I literally ask my team to NOT ban Reghar and ban something else because I know enemy team will lock him without the second thought.

And I can use that to [redacted] him up with either Uther if he goes dive+cc comp or Deckard (and imagine Emerald cancels Reghar very well).

I am just done with people who still think Reghar is OP.

3 Likes

I want to see more talent from Rehgars casts and the player. Not some stick that changes every fight.

The winrate stars and pickrate stars done like. More rehgar nerfs in 2 months

More like people are just bad.

1 Like

He may no longer be OP – borderline, just barely under 55% – but he’s still the highest win rate hero. To get mad at people for wanting to ban him as if it’s just a skill defect is a bit silly as well. If you feel comfortable because you specifically have heroes that you can do well against him, then make your case.

There have been many times in the history of HOTS where I’ve been able to handle OP heroes personally with some specific heroes. That doesn’t mean that can be extrapolated to the general population, or for all heroes that I played. I just made my case, but I certainly am not going to cry about a high performing/high popularity hero getting banned. Oh noes, whatever shall we do?!? Is the game still playable?!? You’re just blowing smoke up yourself.

1 Like