Heroes of the Storm Balance Patch Notes - March 29, 2022

DW offlaner? As a DW player myself I would say he’s a rather bad offlaner and would put him in a similar role as Imperius, both shines in teamfights. His wave clear (Q) isn’t impressive until 13, when he takes Q. Leoric on the other hand sure is an offlaner, but in teamfights he is also a frontliner and we both know how annoying can he be, if he takes slow on 4 to annoy the enemy frontline, even Anub. At least in my experience I don’t struggle against Anub with Leoric.

Well… if he would, then Blizzard would nerf him, obviously as they did with busted heroes like Falstad, Valla, Zagara and so on. So why are they sleeping on Anub, if he’s busted as you say he is?

But now let’s look at the winrates:

Anub has 53,99% it is relative high I agree, he has 1-2% more than Diablo, Mal’ganis (being one of the least popular ones) or Blaze. And he might needs nerfs according to this data, but it still doesn’t looks busted, maybe overtuned.

https://www.heroesprofile.com/Global/Hero/?timeframe_type=minor&timeframe=2.55.2.87774,2.55.1.87306&role=Tank&game_type=sl&league_tier=master,diamond&mirror=Exclude&build_type=Popular

I agree on Johanna tho and her data on HP shows clearly how problematic she is. 2% more than Anub and a popularity by 99%… which is insane.

Murky sucks in any game mode

A better stat to look at is what is listed under Influence. A description of what that means was posted some time ago: “Influence is discrete number that combines (Win Rate, Pick Rate, Ban Rate, Games Played, Total Games Played by All Heroes). Using this number, you can determine which hero is having the greatest impact on the game relative to their success.”

The reason this is an important stat is it can give you a better picture of how “good” a hero is taking all statistics into account. Let’s give a more obvious example by looking at the ranged assassins:

https://www.heroesprofile.com/Global/Hero/?timeframe_type=minor&timeframe=2.55.2.87774,2.55.1.87306&role=Ranged%20Assassin&game_type=sl&league_tier=master,diamond&mirror=Exclude&build_type=Popular

I think most people would agree that Valla is the best ranged assassin in the game at the moment, and could probably use another bop from the nerf bat. When you look at her win rate, it is good, but not busted, right?

Sort the same list by Influence, and a completely different picture emerges. When you compare her Influence to the other ranged assassins, it is bonkers.

Now do the same thing to tanks. Granted, there is a much smaller pool of tanks to choose from, so the extremes will be much more extreme than for assassins. Judging by this, JoJo is absolutely insane (which everyone knows), and then you have Anub and Diablo far outpacing the rest of the pack. This lines up with my impressions of the current tank roster, where JoJo is completely out of control, Anub is busted, and Diablo is the strongest of the non-busted tanks.

Nerf valla hard. Too much free power at 20 while ZJ has to work for it

Those idiots Buffed Hammer. Fools! They did not realize the forces they were tampering with :grin:

Hammer was already a wrecking machine, they just made her even worse! Today was a good day. Took a break from Hanzo & Azmo, went back to Hammer, and DESTROYED fools all day long! :smiley:

In other words you’re telling me that perception and evidence/statistics can go different ways. I personally wouldn’t say Valla is the best ranged assassine, even tho she is obviously quite strong. But she is just very popular (49.9%) and so people tend to think she is, but they ignore other equal strong ranged assassines like Hanzo or Sylvannas for example. Especially Hanzo is probably the most underrated one, because he is just harder to play than most, but in my recent experience with him on Valla’s beloved map Battle of Eternity he is as good as her and not really behind her, if played well. I would say it’s an perception issue.

And this is might be the same with other hero roles as well. Another example I could give you that different countries have different metas (NA, EU, Asia), if we watch pro games. Why is that, if there would be crystal clear which heroes clearly outshine others? Different players, different player style and perception.

Is there evidence to proof your claims that she needs a nerf?

If anything should need a nerf then its Azmodans Q range. Nerf his Q range to be on pair with Chromie so he cant hide 1/3 of a lane away from eveything and get free dmg on people that cant reach him.

If they could nerf Chromie range attacks then they can give Azmo same treatment.

1 Like

Delay is quiet long to dodge it from max range tbh

And Azmo still sucks.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind it, if the devs give him a cdr for Q then, because even with his quest talent (purple globe) it’s still quite high and after one good or bad throw he usually has nothing to poke against ranged compared to other similar heroes. Pair this with Tides of Sins and you have two abilitys binded to each other… it feels sometimes frustrating…

That’s also my observation. He’s a classic noob stomper…

0 changes to ranked, still not dealing with poor matchmaking or trolls. Good patch.

So I got a chance to play Artanis last night, and I didn’t really notice the HP nerfs. The extra-fat shield at 4 was nice. I don’t think this will change his popularity or win rate too much. Personally, I would like to see some buffs/changes made to others on the bruiser roster to bring them up at this point. In my opinion, Artanis became popular and successful more due to how simple (and fun!) he is to play rather than the overall strength of his kit.

For the bruisers like Yrel and Hogger, I don’t think it is so much about how strong or weak their base kits are, but how they can be more difficult to play without a lot of time invested in practicing them. That is why they are oppressive in tournament play, but rarely seen in SL. It may be worth looking into buffing “beginner’s build” talents for them and see how that works?

1 Like

When I watch Khalder TV its always Johanna main tank and Blaze sidelane that gets picked.
Both of those are also high ban targets so heroes like Yrel and Dehaka rarely gets picked if Blaze is not banned.

Blaze is one of the strongest offlaners, so I definitely don’t think he needs buffs. His win/pick rate on Heroes Profile suffers a bit because he is still seen as a main tank by the majority of players. I can play him in either role, but absolutely prefer playing him as a solo laner, especially on a map like TotSQ.

So I haven’t been able to paly the patch so far. What are peoples thoughts on it?

Johanna and Rehgar toned down again. You can visibly see it with Johanna’s damage nerfs.

1 Like

But still got a high ban rate and high popularity and is still instant banned in Masters Clash.

I think the next that need to be adressed on JoJo is removing the cc immunity on Fallen Sword and have her shield duration nerfed. Her trait can be used way to often and just makes must tanks useless.

For me those changes are joke. Johanna dealing to high dmg but still being able to withstand full nuke. On the other hand Artanis “SLOWLY” approaching crowns … So lets reduce his survivability by roughly 2%. Alextrasza - lets give her 8 - 41 hp regen per sec (depending on level) and lets buff her level 16 talents (a bit) . Ohh and lets buff WM since she is medicore … (I shouldn’t complain since I like WM but I also like Artanis and Alexstrasza and Alexstrasza buff feels like joke and Artanis one feels like lame pun one heard milion times already).

I’ve always liked Joh so played her even when she wasn’t popular and “my teams” main tank mains her so feel I know her quite well.
If they did that it will never be picked AGAIN IMO and I think the trait CD is spot on as if you add 2 more seconds it can become to long.BUT I was always approaching top damage with her in the last patch so thought this nerf seemed pretty fair.

So I’ve played a couple of games today and she was on the other team. They were tough but we won both against her. I do think with added DPS she probably would have got a couple more kills but I’ll still await more data.

1 Like

Now I have watched Master Clash for about some months now and JoJo always ends up being banned or picked the most of all tanks. Why so ? Becasue of how busted Fallen Sword is. She can negate every wombo combo againts your team just by useing that ult.

She makes other tanks that reley on cc bad. You dont even see Garrosh being picked that much in MC becasue of how good JoJo is.

And ETC is non-exsistend becasue his entire kit gets hard countered by one ult.

So she still need more nerfs. Same goes for Reghar. 2k games into this patch and he is still 57%+ winrate while Jojo at leat have dropped 4% in winrate but is still busted as hell.

Reghar is not worth of ban. Just still over hyped.

5 Likes