[HC] Praetor Talis, Adept

Talis is a former Khalai Protoss Adept who had earned the rank of Praetor before she fell in SC2: LotV’s prologue. A Purifier personality construct of her was made and fought alongside Talandar in the End War.
She would appear in the Nexus as a Purifier Adept, filling the role of a Ranged Assassin. I’d certainly say it’s high time we got our first Purifier hero in HotS.

Full concept here, talents and full ability stats included:

Basic summary of her kit:

Trait: Resonance causes her basic attacks and basic abilities to deal bonus damage to enemy heroes hit after 1 second. This bonus damage ignores armor and deals more damage to targets with low maximum health – its base value is 90 and is reduced by 2% of the target’s maximum health, down to a minimum of 1 damage.

For example:

If applied to a hero with low maximum health like Li Ming, whose base health is 1270, Resonance would deal 65 extra damage.
If applied to a hero with high maximum health like Stitches, whose base health is 3060, Resonance would deal 29 extra damage.
This results in Talis excelling at killing squishy targets but struggling against higher health targets.

Basic Attack: Glaive Cannon has the standard range of 5.5 for ranged heroes, deals 78 damage, and has an attack speed of 0.8/sec. (1 attack every 1.25 seconds).

Q: Ricochet Glaive fires a glaive in a skillshot. Upon hitting an enemy, it will deal 100 damage and instantly bounce to another nearby enemy, dealing 100 damage again. The glaive can bounce up to 2 times, and will bounce to targets it has already hit if no other enemies are within range.

W: Scarab Launcher slings a homing Scarab at a target. Upon reaching the target or traveling 12 range from where it was cast, the Scarab explodes, dealing 320 damage in an AoE.

E: Psionic Transfer creates a shade that travels quickly to a target location. 5 seconds after being cast, Talis is teleported to the shade’s location and cleansed. This ability can be canceled before Talis teleports.

R1: Psionic Projection creates a duplicate image of Talis at a target location for 10 seconds. The duplicate has 100% of Talis’ health and imitates here attacks and abilities against enemies who come within range, but deals no damage and does not move from where it was summoned. Talis can reactivate this ability once every 2 seconds to swap places with the duplicate so long as it remains alive.
R1 Upgrade: Real Image allows Talis to issue move and attack orders to the duplicate and grants it 50% of Talis’ damage, though it still does not apply Resonance.

R2: Solar Beam is a channeled ability that deals increasing damage to a target enemy hero over time, starting at 60 damage per second and increasing by 60 every second, capping out at 300 damage per second. Talis is slowed by 60% while channeling this ability. The ability has a high mana cost, but can be channeled indefinitely so long as Talis has mana and is not interrupted and the target remains within range.
R2 Upgrade: Purifier Protocol causes Solar Beam to only slow Talis by 20% and deal 50% of its damage in an AoE around the target.

2 Likes

Wow I forgot about Talis :open_mouth: , i’m a :turkey: , good concept , I like it :cupid:.

2 Likes

Thanks!

And it’s not too surprising that you might forget about her. Adepts aren’t exactly iconic SC units, and Talis only appears in the LotV prologue and Co-op missions. I only really remembered her because I thought it would be awesome to have an Adept’s kit in HotS.

1 Like

Yup . I’ve been thinking about the concept a bit , and I think the duration of Psionic Transfer should be 7s, not 5 , with 11s cooldown. :thinking:

I considered that, but HotS is an inherently faster-paced game than SC2, so I think that would end up making Blink Instigator a mandatory talent. 5 seconds is already a very long time in HotS, 7 seconds would feel like an eternity and would basically make it useless without Blink Instigator. As it is I’m already a little worried that 5 seconds may be too long, but I think it should be fine.

Maybe you are right, but less than 5 sec will be too short , i think :no_mouth:.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking too. Catch-22, 5 seconds feels too long, less than that feels too short. That’s why I just sorta shrugged and tentatively went with 5 seconds in the end.

Especially since I’d need to change the Skirmisher talent significantly if I reduced the duration any further, to the point where I might have to actually remove it entirely.

2 Likes

I made a topic on the European forum with a link to your topic. Hope someone join us :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes