[HC] Archimonde the Defiler

Hey guys!!! This is a hero concept I’ve been working on for a while, since this is one of my favorite characters in lore. I hope you enjoy it, and feel free to leave me some feedback!

Archimonde, one of the Eredar leaders of the Burning Legion is a Split Pusher who commands the battlefield from the shadows until his minions can successfully summon him into the Nexus

TALENTS WILL BE ADDED AT A FUTURE DATE

5 Likes

This is lazy attempt make hero. This concept at not Warcraft III design and laughing worthy.

You troll forum with this and will not get like. No talent is very not good and show your laziness.

2 Likes

Remove the glove! We will fight like kings of the English land. Our war hammers will smash your orange!

2 Likes

I actually put quite a bit of thought and effort into this though :S I just thought I should save the talents for later once I got some feedback on the base abilities.

What does this even mean? XD

2 Likes

Kyyteo,dear this concept seems high cool in first view,and I’ll study it and I will give you feed back.

I really like this concept. The idea of someone being summoned in the middle of a fight and absolutely laying waste to the enemy is amazing.

I have one issue though–there should be some counterplay to actually, well, SUMMONING Archimonde. I feel like there should be some way to delay the inevitable, maybe the lich can be killed but has some benefit to being around kills–here’s what I’d suggest:

Make the Lich controllable–really weak (no basic attack or anything, lower end of health), but make it so that if Lich participates in a kill (e.g, he’s near a body), he furtheres the progress of Archimonde’s summon greatly (by a minute? 30 sec? idk spitballing here)

However, if the Lich is slain, 50% of the time added to the clock is removed.

Due to this I’d also increase the timer to 8 minutes.

NOW, that’s just a suggestion and other than that, this concept is perfect. I’d love to see the talents be a, urm, latent thing (e.g, little to no impact until Archimonde is summoned and then TONS of impact and power based on what you did while summoning him). Cool stuff Kyyteo. <3

1 Like

This is a really unique way to do another abathur type hero. I approve!

2 Likes

w8, I’m confused about which abilities are in his Shadow form. I assumed it was always the 2nd ability but does that mean he can actually create a wall of fire anywhere on the battle field when dead? The Fel Infusion sounds more like the Shadow form ability to me.
Could you add a note to each one specifying which it is?

The Trait is a really cool way to pay homage to his story.
And I like the idea of having another hero with global abilities to help the team out. But I’m having trouble rapping my head around how he actually plays.
He loses health all game long and then dies? And you can only stay alive by hitting your abilities? This seems harsh.
The Inferno is interesting because if you miss heroes you’re just giving them free exp. In teamfights this ability is prbly more useful than for laning ironically.

Wow Desecration… you can prbly do some really sick combos with that. If the sand clones counted as heroes then you could have a level 20 genji xstrike on these clones repeatedly until everyone is dead. That would prbly be OP tho, maybe don’t make them count as players.
That then also means abilities like Last Rights or Dark Conversion wouldn’t work on the clones either.
I guess mostly it’s good to finish off squishies, so it’s kinda a Mephisto Consume Souls ult that requires more skill and cooperation.

Finger of Death… speaking of Last Rights… ;D
Is this just a better version of it that denies healing?

The Trait is really cool, but ye it’s hard to make any judgement. Some of his CC seems really really strong like the Dark Suggestions.
But I like the idea behind it, it’s something new.

1 Like

I could make that a little more clear, but his first ability is while he’s waiting to be summoned. His second ability is while he’s present in the nexus.
I’ll add an annotation to clarify which is which.

Not quite. So a Lich has to summon him into the nexus, and while he’s waiting to be summoned, he kind of works like Abathur. When he is summoned into the nexus, and you actually control him, then his health starts to go down over time. This is because Archimonde is right around the same power level as a garden terror.

The free EXP is only if it’s killed by an enemy hero, not by timing out. It’s meant to be a laning tool rather than a teamfight ability, hence it doesn’t spawn when it hits an enemy hero.

Yeah Desecration is meant to kind of like an Anti Slip mat, lol. They don’t count as heroics though because yeah, that’d be insane. To counter this though the radius will probably be pretty small.

Kind of? You have to channel it, and you can get away by breaking the channel or CCing him so it has upsides and downsides. I’d like to think that It’s different enough from Last Rights but I’ll get more opinions.

I added the windup time to the trap to negate some of this. Hopefully it helps.

1 Like

So he’s just Leoric without the option of staying alive?

1 Like

Kind of? Not quite? He has much more control of the battlefield when he’s not summoned. You have to be strategic, then when he’s summoned you can just go ham

4 Likes

oh… he’s as strong as a garden terror…? Interesting… I have no idea how that plays out ;D This actually makes it significantly more ambitious, especially with our whiny community that can’t seem to stay out of the fire!

and so w8, Inferno is the Shadowform ability? It’s global?.. oh boi ;D
I guess then the Fel Burst is kinda like Malganis’s 3rd Q, but ye different enough.
Eredar Terror so do you first grab them like Diablo would flip somebody, but then you let them down again and they run in the opposite direction in fear?
That’s actually a cool tank ability, but he’s not a tank… or I mean he kinda is when he’s on the field… uh… ;D

Right, I actually imagined that the Inferno would get killed by towers most of the time. Ye if it times out I guess it’s fair that there’s no exp gain. But when Misha for example dies anywhere on the field for whatever reason then it’s half a kill for the enemy team worth of xp I think.
I don’t see why the Inferno should be that different. I mean I guess we can make an exception but it might get confusing.

A few more things I don’t get.
You can shorten the Lich’s summoning time by using the global Shadowform abilities right? Does that mean you can also lengthen the life of Archimonde’s current summoning by hitting people with the regular abilities? Or is that always a fixed amount of time as his health slowly dwindles and you gotta avoid damage to stay in the game longer. Also, how does fountain and regen globes operate for him?
And also, you get a kill when you kill him, but what if his trait kills him? Then that’s still a kill right? I think that part is the most awkward with our current understanding of the rules.

ye, ambitious. With our whiny community there will be a lot of grief with this one. Trying to get a kill only to find that Archimonde just waits out his deathtimer behind a wall to deny the kill on him.
We might need some punishment for that kind of behavior to force Archimonde into the field at all times.
But it’s also pretty cool and different. ;D

OH!

Yeah please ignore my suggestions, I’m dumb lol

Yeah this concept is amazing.

1 Like

For always you being wrong. Concept cannot be happening in game. Lazy concept never be consider and laughed by Blizzard

No talent hero? Only make by no talent bad person for no talent bad allies.

Kyyteo post concept completely or hammer of banning crush you.

1 Like

lol

1 Like

I feel like you’re being mean… this is not constructive criticism.
And you don’t need to go into details with the Talents to pitch an idea. I feel like Talents add a ton of extra text which can be overwhelming.
It’s not like we can balance the things.
Also, how about using Google translate? I think it would help.

1 Like

Dont get him wrong,he is ball of fun and laugh,I actually love him.

And Mannoroth concept ciritcism was actually balance,thank you!!

With more constructive effort and work,we even can see a concept in the game and there is not problem about it.