Hanzo is overpowered

Go play a hero league match. If the enemy team picks a Hanzo look at his damage.
Yeah…
He hits like a damn truck and has so much mobility.
All these extremely mobile Overwatch heroes are really stupid to be honest. They ruin the game

22 Likes

Pick high dive heroes like Alarak w/ Deadly Charge, Illidan, …make him pay, he is the hero that I have the highest winrate against.

1 Like

Then he just vaults away

Play Diablo. Hanzo likes to stand near walls, and Dibbles likes to smash his face into them.

42 Likes

Seriously ppl, stop with the hyperboles!!! One situational ability on a high cd won’t make Heroes highly mobile. He has one escape if near narrow terrains. That’s it.

28 Likes

Hanzo isnt OP.
You just played against a better player or a good hanzo main.
Just up vote the player for his performance and move on.
Only a handful of people are good enough to be proper hanzo main , if he was truly op then he’d be everywhere.

24 Likes

44.6% winrate in HL
43.7% winrate in QM

Overpowered

Pick one.

26 Likes

He’s a poorly designed character, like many others in the game. If you can’t counter him, he deals too much damage with scatter arrow. Just the faulty way this game works, unlikely to change.

2 Likes

“I’m not good at playing against this hero, therefore he must be ‘poorly designed’, it’s never a problem with me” :slight_smile:

22 Likes

I played a TL game a few days ago. They picked Hanzo. I picked Zeratul.

Hanzo died 10 times.

laughs in Nerazim

18 Likes

I am not experiencing what you are describing. Please use hanzo in 3 ranked matches and post the replays to help me understand.

1 Like

I agree, it’s not a problem for me…but perhaps you meant to disagree with me? You may have misquoted yourself

1 Like

the only characters hanzo is good against are ones that stand around and that cant out trade him. anyone with any mobility + strong auto attack or chase such as zeratul, genji, tracer, valla, tychus, are strong against him. the majority of tanks can also just hug him until he dies. if he is near a wall, betchuras he will just jump away. he has kaelthas levels of health. dying as hanzo is incredibly quick and he has no sustain. no wonder hes brainwashed himself into believing that every death is honour and redemption, because he dies so friggin quickly. his one mobility skill is on a long 30 second cooldown until later where he can cut it down by getting kills. at 20 he really becomes mobile, if he takes that skill. but then, only near a wall. and this ability can be interrupted - he doesnt become unstoppable. nothing in the game looks derpier in fact, than a hanzo leaping gracefully into the air and then glitching back to where he was standing because he got hit with a knockback.

3 Likes

if what ure complaining about is the % basd damage on his scatter shot then tbh anyone with a titan killer mechanic is frustrating and feels op to play against. i dislike the mechanic in general tbh.

Poke Damge Range Shimada

1 Like

The only nerf he needed was Storm Bow’s damage getting cut back. Instead… they nerfed virtually everything else around it. :confused:

(Granted, he did need that Sonic Arrow nerf.)

2 Likes

Half his damage comes from skill shots. This means he is very weak against heroes with high mobility such as Tracer and Genji. Additionally outside of his trait he has very limited mobility options meaning he cannot easily escape against dive or if slowed.

1 Like

I played Hanzo when he was free to play and I admire anyone who can play him on decent level. I’m currently Diamond 5 in HL and can say that usually the only good Hanzos are the ones having him in top 5 of their most played Hero League champions. His damage output is naturally high because it is mostly poke and easily healable.

It’s the same as Li Ming, usually excellent KDA and damage when played by competent mains, but somehow it doesn’t translate to high win chances for his team.

6 Likes

Thought we were done with this Hanzo OP thing…

Hanzo is only OP if the player knows how to play as him and can 100% hit you with his skillshots.

Good thing tho is that most players here don’t know how to Hanzo much - myself included.

8 Likes

Can’t, I silenced him and or pulled him during his vault animation unless I’m bad.

Alarak makes it less about how good the enemy is and more about how good you are in this situation of Alarak deadly charging onto a lone Hanzo.

6 Likes