Hanzo is overpowered

I wholeheartedly agree about the Overwatch heroes. I really wish they never even brought any of them into the game, they just simply do not fit.

1 Like

Hanzo pve damage is off the chart that is the only thing people can complain about.
If you tone it down you’d need to buff the rest.
If his hero damage is that high or means he makes you eat plenty of scatter arrows and i have no issue rewarding someone good enough to accomplish that.

3 Likes

This is true of almost every hero. I wish more people had this outlook toward the game. Things only seem imbalanced if you don’t know how or are otherwise unwilling to deal with them.

He is mocking the fact that you consider this to be an issue with the hero design rather than your own skill.

All who thinking what some heroname is OP, advice : to play on this heroname.

Hanzo is probably the number 1 hero I hate seeing on my team.

Up there with him is genji and butcher. They all play extremely badly usually

Good Hanzo players are some of the most mysterious players to me. I have a 23% win rate with Hanzo after about 50 games… I might be the worst Hanzo player in all of HoTS. Usually Hanzo is an easy kill… making the good ones tunnel bait (meaning people see red when they can’t kill Hanzo… at least, I do).

2 Likes

hi guys, feels that hanzo is a trash hero i know, but if you play him many many times, the feeling don’t dissapear until you see that he’s a really hard to play hero, use simple geometry is at all hard, but if it’s well played can outdamage any hero in the game, if your teammates protect you, zeratul, illidan, genji, diablo and all other heroes that usually counters him are nothing, zeratul dies in 2 w, diablo should never be confronted unless you are using the redemption build, as far as i know he was nerfed due to competitive plays where one team (any player called krhonos) used him in a unknown way until that competition, since that nerfs has been applied to him, i hope this hero don’t get any other nerf, and that reworks doesn’t affect the patien safe playstyle he’s characterized for.

Win rates alone are not indicative of if a hero is overpowered or not. How many times do I have to say this. The only exception if its something like 80% or 20% and even that is debatable.

1 Like

Yeah! but still not all players can accurate 100% his spells!

Hanzo is tuned for high level play (high master/gm/hgc). He is pretty weak in lower leagues because people lack the mechanical skill to use scatter arrow consistently.

Maybe he is “overpowered”, but he doesn’t win you games.

1 Like

I can attest that his is difficult, I played him on free rotation. That fracker is hard no doubt.

You can even smash his face twice in a row.

You can say it as many times as you want, but it still won’t make it any less false.

Winrates are everything when it comes to determining if a hero is over- or under- tuned or powered. What other metric could you use, personal opinion? Yeah right, what happens now that every hero is simultaneously OP, balanced, and UP?

And sure, you can factor in pickrates a little bit, but they play an almost negligible role in the end. 50%+ pickrate doesn’t mean the hero is OP, it just means they’re wildly popular. 2% pickrate doesn’t mean the hero is trash, it just means no one wants to play them. These pickrates may result from the hero’s balance state, but they are not reliably indicative of balance or lack thereof.

3 Likes

Not really true, pickrate is a big factor as well (mostly because of niche heroes).

If we go by winrate alone we need to nerf Probius, Gaz, Zag, Cho’gall.
They have abyssmal pickrate and quite high winrate.

These heroes have high winrate because they have low pickrate,
meaning they are either played by a small number of expert players or/and only picked if the draft heavily favors them, leading to a inflated winrate that does not represent the heroes power in a vacuum.

Old Kerrigan is another example - She was mostly played on Infernal Shrines by good players if the draft would allow it. Kerri was balanced around that map because her q build was super strong on that map. She wasn’t overpowered tho, even if she was top winrate very often.

So… no, winrate doesn’t mean everything. Popularity/pickrate isn’t negligible, it is a major factor to consider.

Take this with a grain of salt tho:
high pickrate + high winrate = OP
low pickrate + high winrate = fine. Niche pick.
high pickrate + low winrate = fine as those heroes are often picked early in draft and prone to being countered (maybe UP for the public and balanced around gm/hgc)
low pickrate + low winrate = mostly trash

1 Like

Lets get through these first…

Mal’ganis
Orphea
Fenix
Azmodan
Genji

…before we look at Hanzo.

3 Likes

Man Hanzo doesn’t have mobility. Just one D and you must leave the battle, if you don’t, you will die (heroes, such as tracer, genji, nova, samuro can easily kill him) he has no mobility. I have played him a lot, and can say he is not that hero, which u see

1 Like

Your first post is a necro? WP

3 Likes

Hanzo and Medivh will never have even mediocre winrates in leagues below Diamond due to the skill curve of these heroes. Mastering these heroes to their full potential is much more complex than mastering a hero like Raynor or Valla.

2 Likes

And the sky is blue…