Green Ragnaros the forgotten one

Ragnaros hasn’t got new skins or colors since his release.

Getting a Blue fire Ragnaros and a Green fire ragnaros would be dope. Maybe a purple one? Imagine a green lava wave. It would look amazing!

And im sure it is not that hard to make.

What do you think?

3 Likes

The issue with Ragnaros is that his Lava Wave and models have a high number of effects as a part of how they were made. Because of this, recoloring them in a manner Blizzard has deemed suitable is a surprisingly immense level of work, that Blizzard has said in AMA’s just isn’t worth the effort. They said they were working on a new Ragnaros skin they “hoped people would like”, but that was over a year ago, so who knows what happened.

3 Likes

Activision Blizzard is such a massive company… any decision anyone makes needs to pass through a comity composed mostly of none gamers
That’s how I imagine it at least. ;D

A simple recoloring of Rag is very difficult to pass through such things as their primary goals are to market content to bring in more players and to avoid a PR disaster at all costs.

Recolorings would be hard to throw on the front reel for an event trailer. And if it can’t be marketed it’s not worth anyone’s time I think is the logic.

It might be possible to throw such a skin in under the radar. But it wouldn’t be a welcome deceit to the PR management teams. And not exactly worth anyone’s career getting demolished.

So ye… awkward for sure. It’s either a totally new skin or no skin at all for Rag I think.
Tho technically even if Rag has tons of particle effects it really shouldn’t be hard to make them all a different color. It can’t be more than a few png files.

1 Like

They do recolorings all the time, just look at Probius or Rehgar XD

but yeah I guess all the effects might be a lot of work, they should be able to juts modify the RGB of the textures and fillings of his effects (I still believe everything was done like with the old World Editor of W3)

But still… Wouldnt be amazing to see a Green firelord? The green lava wave would look amazing, but at least making Rag green would be so cool.

It would be simply amazing!!

1 Like

mmebi,
adunno, I still don’t see how it would be anymore work than any of the other heroes.

Covid-19 happened, Bliztron

let’s not for get about the lava wall wtf moment! (learned about it from a video on youtube)

But I think that people more than anyone love to see his new skins ;D

I dont think so that its coloring or graphic issue is such a difficult problem to making skin for Rag ,I am thinking more about waiting queue.

If you played with the W3 world editor or with photoshop you’ll know, im sure you can take the model and just alter their RGB and light composition and deliver a whole green Ragnaros without much effort

Yes but based on my previous experience, I think a perfect concept or model is not usually achieved in the initial effort and in this way they are often going to be neat. Even with the tools like Editors or Photo shop it takes more time to make a good model.

1 Like