Graphical bugs issue

Hello, this issue with graphical bugs is bugging me for the last 18 months, it has a decent chance of triggering if i alt-tab during the loading screen, loading of the game (not the match), but never while in game. It can happen to any model in game and it persists until the game is restarted, it looks like this http ://prntscr.com/n3stfz . Im playing on a Lenovo B50 laptop with an i3 4-core 2Ghz cpu, Intel 5500HD iGPU and 8GB of ram. The gpu drivers are manually updated from Intel’s website since Lenovo’s service doesn’t “trust” drivers they deem unverified. In-game i always use alt-f and there is no indication of RAM being overused, there or in task manager. My laptop is not in any form of power saving mode, the cpu is not underclocked (as win 10 likes to do with laptops) and is always plugged in to the charger.

Hello Scorch :wave:

Sorry to hear you’re having this issue… that’s some good ol’ fashioned graphics artifacting. Good on ya keeping the drivers updated from the Intel support site, I know how laptop support and driver updates usually peter out after a year or two.

The other thing I’m wondering is, are you playing in fullscreen mode or (windowed) fullscreen? These will behave differently in certain graphics APIs. So you can try toggling from one to the other and see if you get a different result.

We can also check a compatibility setting within Windows.

1. In the Battle.net app, click Options on the Heroes of the Storm page
  2. Select “Show in Explorer”
  3. Open the Heroes folder
  4. Right-click Heroes of the Storm.exe
  5. Select “Properties”
  6. Go to the Compatibility tab
  7. Check the box to “Disable fullscreen optimizations” (or uncheck it if already checked)
  8. Click Apply, then OK
  9. Retest in-game

If issues persist, then we’ll want to look more in-depth at a DXDIAG to get into your computer’s nuts and bolts :nut_and_bolt:

Obtaining System Files

You can include the DXDIAG in a reply to the forum post. Place it between rows of ticks (`) for formatting:

```
Like this.
```

TLDR at the bottom.
Hey, sorry for the delayed response. I think I’ve figured out what the problem was and how it persisted for so long. The first time i had this issue i made a forum post, and i was, among other things, asked to update my gpu drivers. Here comes the dumb Lenovo policy of not allowing unverified drivers to be automatically installed, so i find a way to manually update them and after this,for a short period of time, i had no problems with graphical bugs. But this was stopped by one of those “Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart” windows 10 problems. And the bugs returned…
I gave up.
Fast forward to middle of March, i check my gpu drivers to see that the date is strangely a lot older than when i manually updated them 18 months ago. I checked Intel’s site to see a new update came out just a week before i made this post. After this i had no problems for a few days, up until another “Your pc ran into a bla bla” issue. The bugs returned again, i made this post at my wit’s end and prayed. Thats when i decide to recheck the driver date to see that it got rollbacked, probably after the win 10 issue. So as it turns out manually updating the drivers does the trick, and while i have no idea why my laptop ran into a problem (hopefully its not the driver’s fault) im hapilly playing hots without any graphical bugs.
TLDR: Turns out I’ve been playing with a rollbacked driver for the past 18 months. Same thing happened, driver got rollbacked after a “Your pc ran into a problem…” problem. Reupdated the driver, works fine for the past 4 days.