Game will not launch from Battle.net launcher

I decided to try HOTS and I downloaded it along with the Battle.net launcher. When click on the Play button it grays out and says Launching but then it just turns back in to the play button and nothing happens. I have tried resetting my computer after updating the game. Please help, and thank you for your time.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am on a Mac.

Then click the edit button in your post above, next to where you can edit the title on the right, there should be something written as “Technical Support” click on that and change it to “Mac Support” then click Save Edit in the bottom left corner to move this thread to #mac-support

Done! Thank you! This is my first time using this so I appreciate the help.

1 Like

Hey, NattyNate789! Thanks for the update! I’ve gone ahead and removed the post above since this is happening on a Mac :slight_smile:

This is typically caused by firewall or permission settings for macs. Let’s try the following steps:

1. Try forcing Windowed mode. In the Blizzard App game settings menu (Options > Game Settings), check the Additional command line arguments and enter in: -DisplayMode=0
  2. Allow all through firewall to test.
  3. Troubleshoot security applications on the system.
  4. Disable Login Items.
  5. New Admin account to reset settings and permissions.

If the problem continues, could you send us Log Goblin files over to techinfo@blizzard.com under the subject: ATTN - Caterpepi [33866]?

This inbox is not monitored and will not send responses. It’s used to collect information for Technical Support to assist in troubleshooting.

I have sent the logs but have not heard anything back yet

Thanks for following up, NattyNate789! I missed the email since the Subject was different from the one requested to be used. Sorry about that, the email will not send responses and it is not monitored. It’s to help with gathering information to help with troubleshooting on the forums.

I got it here :slight_smile: There were a few different errors found in the logs, but this primarily appears to be a permissions issue. It looks like it’s missing the core framework needed to function, some issues with the agent requests, permission issues with the Shared folder. Let’s try the following steps:

If it continues, does this happen for any other games or is it only happening for Heroes? If it’s only happening with Heroes of the Storm and the steps above doesn’t resolve it, could you try reinstalling the game?

Hopefully, this works and you’re able to try out Heroes of the Storm :slight_smile: Let me know if there’s any other issues or the problem continues, I can dig through the files again to see if there’s anything I may have missed!