Game unplayable on Macbook Pro 2019

With latest updates to the game, it’s pretty much unplayable on my macbook pro. I have nothing open and good internet, yet it keeps on freezing from for a few seconds for no reason. You can hear the fans spinning faster, so assuming there is bigger resource consumption happening at the point of freezing.
I’m playing on lowest graphic settings and it was fine up until a few weeks ago.

Hey, vladykx! Are you on 10.15.4 (Latest MacOS Catalina)? If so, there’s several issues that we’re tracking for Catalina. Instead of kernel panic crashes, we are seeing some issues with freezing now. Our team has been made aware after the 10.15.4 update and working on replicate the issue to push out a fix or communicate with Apple as needed on the issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there an ETA for fixing this? This pretty much renders the game useless for macbook users. You can get stuck up to few seconds every so often.

I guess that explains why I can’t even play on all Low settings without it severely stuttering and freezing every few seconds. :frowning: I guess I’ll postpone coming back to the game til this is fixed.

As of may 20 the game still freezes and now my cursor won’t move the map when I put on the edge of the screen and the freezing still continues.

I’m on 10.15.4 catalina on my 2013 iMac and don’t have these issues. I do have insane RAM usage though (see my thread here), maybe it’s related.

Hey folks,

There were some tweaks made to this in 10.15.4 but it’s still on both our and Apple’s radar right now.

It appears issues have been going on for over 6 months now at least…we really would appreciate an actual fix to the issues…gameplay is so stuttered its unplayable.