Game keeps crashing

Hi,

so this past week the game keeps crashing randomly. Cannot find any obvious trigger. Both in ranked and in quickmatch. Tried reinstalling the game on a different drive in case it was a faulty disc but no help. Tried repairing the game as well. Having no other issues on my PC or any other game.

Grabbed the code from the latest crash error.
DF34827E-E12C-49B7-9296-35D5DB222751

Edit: Turned off all Xbox related crap like recording, stopped all xbox services as well.

Howdy DJKONGA,

It looks like these are C0000005 errors, which can happen for a few different reasons. Typically though, they indicate a conflict with another program. To help narrow down the problem, let’s try disabling background programs temporarily to test HotS by itself.

If you have any security software, you may need to add the HotS folder as an exception.

I regret to inform you that this did not help. The only thing running is the battlenet client, I even went so far as to upgrade to windows 11 to see if it helped but it did not. I have no security software running other than windows built in but seems weird that it would just randomly stop the software instead of blocking it from the start?

I have updated all my drivers as well but it didn’t do anything either. I tried checking the event viewer to see if I could make out what app is causing the conflict but it does not seem to make a record when the game crashes unfortunately.

Edit (since I can’t make a new post);
Ok so I won’t take anything for granted here but I just played a whole game without any crash which hasn’t happened for the past weeks. What I did was I enabled the memory integrity security-function in windows, will try a few more games and see if it’s actually fixed now.

Not sure why that would fix it since I don’t use my computer much and I haven’t updated anything on it recently before the crashes started happening.

Second edit: Nope, crashed again today so no help. Nothing running in background except for battle.net client.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.