Game keeps crashing at ig connect screen

Anytime I try launching up the game the game crashes at the in-game authentication screen telling me my files are damaged. Whenever I try a scan and repair it says nothing needs repairing/no damages. Here is the latest error code 634FD167-1FD9-4CC4-805E-687B2C262F70

Hey there,

In situations where the game is reporting damaged files it is typically due to some sort of backup/sync software causing an old or bad version to be synced, or is preventing proper updates from applying to data it is managing.

Onedrive can interfere with and corrupt the settings data for Heroes of the Storm. This can happen if Onedrive is set to manage the folder where the settings variables reside in your Documents folder for Windows.

1. Open Onedrive (re-enable if you disabled it)
  2. Go into settings and deselect the Heroes of the Storm Folder under documents so that Onedrive does not try to manage them.
  3. Exit/close/disable Onedrive
  4. Open the documents folder for your user in File Explorer(Right click Windows start, choose File Explorer)
  5. Delete the Variables.txt under Heroes of the Storm)
  6. Empty the recycle bin and retest the game.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.